Chapman 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BobbyDigital

New

Re: Chapman 2011!

Post by BobbyDigital » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Still waitlisteduhhh.

janefbk

New

Post by janefbk » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:27 pm

jagoo wrote:
janefbk wrote:
ashle484 wrote:
janefbk wrote:I was recently waitlisted for their part-time program.. LSAT & GPA around medians.. Am I SOL?? LSN doesn't look too promising.. :(
hi, just wondering if you specifically applied to their part-time program. or did you apply for their full-time program and Chapman just offered you a waitlisted spot for their part time?

I applied to their part-time program. I don't think they offer part-time spots to full-time applicants (at least I hope not.. :? ) Am I wrong to think this??

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 pm

adonai wrote:Can any current Chapman students attest to how employment from Chapman is like right now? Is there a clear benefit to attending Chapman over another local school such as Southwestern?
I can't compare to Southwestern, since i really don't know what they are going through. Here at chapman, people are hopeful. I know people with interviews, but so far i don't know anyone who has actually lined up a job (1Ls i mean.) Lots of people got interviews through the UCLA public interest law fair. That takes place this weekend i believe so we'll see if interviews turn into offers. The school's spring OCI has a very limited number of employers (like 6 firms, seven or so public interest type employers, OC DA's office etc.) Its too soon to say whether jobs will materialize from this. There's a government career day in March. Other than that its everyone for him/her self. As a 1L i can't tell whether sending unsolicited resumes from chapman is any more successful than doing the same from southwestern.

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Is anyone planning to visit Chapman before ASD? Just wondering if I should take a tour ahead of time...

am0rfati

New

Post by am0rfati » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:28 pm

conroyc wrote:Is anyone planning to visit Chapman before ASD? Just wondering if I should take a tour ahead of time...
Definitely check it out before ASD. I went yesterday, actually. Sat in on a crim law class and took a tour. It was nice to be able to see the school and students as they really are. I had a great experience and am so glad I went. I recommend it.

But, I'm looking for a school with a "vibe" I agree with. I don't want to be absolutely miserable for 3 years if I don't have to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Do they YP at Chapman? I don't think I'm exactly YP material, but I can't figure out why I've been in review for a quarter of a year now- according to the date on my status checker.
Last edited by MrMisiu on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashle484

New

Post by ashle484 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:53 pm

ha same so annoying

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:02 am

IN as of 10 minutes ago when I checked.

Sent 12/25, UR since 1/24.

160/3.0 Business major.
Hoping for some serious scholly.... really like Chapman as a top choice!

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 am

DamnLSAT wrote:IN as of 10 minutes ago when I checked.

160/3.0 Business major.
If you don't mind, how long after you sent it in did it register as "complete?" Or did it go straight from "incomplete" to UR?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 am

160/3.0 Business major.
I have very, very similar numbers as you, but I got absolutely nothing in scholarship money. Hopefully they're lenient in leveraging scholarship money, cause I do not think I will be attending if they don't.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:51 am

160/3.0 Business major.
Did you mean IR, or is there a UR status too?!
'Cause if that's the case, and I sent months ahead with numbers slightly higher I think I quit. My cycle has been largely dependent on Chapman for some reason I won't disclose, so now I'm just getting worried.

Congrats though!! I hope you get the money you're looking for. I know according to ABA the median grant was like 28k

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 am

adonai wrote:

160/3.0 Business major.
I have very, very similar numbers as you, but I got absolutely nothing in scholarship money. Hopefully they're lenient in leveraging scholarship money, cause I do not think I will be attending if they don't.
I tried to leverage scholarship $ from them and got nowhere, even though I have gotten substantial $ from other schools that are ranked much higher than they are.

When I spoke to admissions about it, they didn't sound like they really cared. Pretty much blew me off.

Looks like I'll be freeing up one more spot.

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Just got the flyer for Scholar's Weekend in the mail... A little disappointed that it's not a cruise like last year though :( Oh well, pretty sure I'll be there anyway! Anyone else going?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:04 pm

conroyc wrote:Just got the flyer for Scholar's Weekend in the mail... A little disappointed that it's not a cruise like last year though :( Oh well, pretty sure I'll be there anyway! Anyone else going?
Cruise!? :shock:

Where is it this year? I haven't gotten that mailing yet.

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:51 pm

conroyc wrote:Just got the flyer for Scholar's Weekend in the mail... A little disappointed that it's not a cruise like last year though :( Oh well, pretty sure I'll be there anyway! Anyone else going?
Is the Scholar's Weekend pretty soon in later in the spring? My app is still "incomplete" but I'd really like to go if I get accepted.

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 am

sanjola wrote:

According to threads from last year it was a cruise out of Long Beach harbor or something, but this year it's just at the campus. They have you stay in a hotel however, and shuttle you back and forth. Its March 31-April 2.

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 am

conroyc wrote:
sanjola wrote:

According to threads from last year it was a cruise out of Long Beach harbor or something, but this year it's just at the campus. They have you stay in a hotel however, and shuttle you back and forth. Its March 31-April 2.
how do you think they'd feel about bringing a guest? could they come to all the events and see everything do you think?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 pm

samfii wrote:
conroyc wrote:
sanjola wrote:

how do you think they'd feel about bringing a guest? could they come to all the events and see everything do you think?
last year people brought SOs. They came to the social events-dinner, the cruise etc, but not to the actual law school stuff, like the mock trial/class tour etc.
also, its pretty lame that there's no cruise this year. that was fun.

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:14 pm

twert wrote:last year people brought SOs. They came to the social events-dinner, the cruise etc, but not to the actual law school stuff, like the mock trial/class tour etc.
what if my SO wants to see all that stuff (mock trial/class tour), did they not go because they didn't want to or because Chapman would rather they didn't? Thanks for answering, i'd be afraid to ask admissions all this myself :P

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:21 pm

adonai wrote:

160/3.0 Business major.
Same here. Very very similar numbers, only slightly higher numbers for GPA and LSAT. And if that means no money, I'm screwed. Chapman was the key piece in my law school selection process strategy, and If I get no money that's all going out the window- along with leaving NJ for CA :cry:

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

samfii wrote:
twert wrote:last year people brought SOs. They came to the social events-dinner, the cruise etc, but not to the actual law school stuff, like the mock trial/class tour etc.
what if my SO wants to see all that stuff (mock trial/class tour), did they not go because they didn't want to or because Chapman would rather they didn't? Thanks for answering, i'd be afraid to ask admissions all this myself :P
i don't know, i just noticed they weren't there. Chapman will bend over backwards to make you happy, that's what scholar's weekend is about. I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:51 pm

twert wrote:
samfii wrote:
i don't know, i just noticed they weren't there. Chapman will bend over backwards to make you happy, that's what scholar's weekend is about. I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.
haha awesome :)

aas911

New

Post by aas911 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 pm

IR: 11/15 Accepted: 02/07

PM for stats

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

aas911 wrote:IR: 11/15 Accepted: 02/07

PM for stats
Congrats! Where is Chapman on your scale of schools?

aas911

New

Post by aas911 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

sanjola wrote:
aas911 wrote:IR: 11/15 Accepted: 02/07

PM for stats
Congrats! Where is Chapman on your scale of schools?
Thank you and TBH I'm not sure. I've received a few acceptances from slightly higher ranked schools and I'm still waiting for the admit packet to see if I received a scholarship.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision. I know it's been one hell of an emotional roller coaster for me so far.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”