Buffalo Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jln82
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jln82 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:16 am

Does anyone know anything about the Friday evening event at Encore in downtown, Buffalo?...it sounds like more fun than Saturday...Encore is really sweet

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby pereira6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:44 am

jln82 wrote:I graduated UB in 05' but I've been working out of Buffalo since.


Ah, always nice to see fellow UB grads, though! I'm graduating UB this year. Probably on to a different law school, but I still love UB!

jln82
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jln82 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

pereira6 wrote:
jln82 wrote:I graduated UB in 05' but I've been working out of Buffalo since.


Ah, always nice to see fellow UB grads, though! I'm graduating UB this year. Probably on to a different law school, but I still love UB!


I had a great experience going to UB as well. Only two things that sucked were parking and cold/wind...are you a member of the SA?

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 pm

jln82 wrote:Does anyone know anything about the Friday evening event at Encore in downtown, Buffalo?...it sounds like more fun than Saturday...Encore is really sweet

I agree! Sounds like a good opportunity to get a more candid take on UB from some of the recent grads/current students. Also, checked out the restaurant online and it looks really cool: http://encorebuffalo.com/

jln82
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jln82 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Yea wish I could make it Friday night, I'll def be at encore for the April event...I'm sure the patio will be open by then as well

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby StillHerexxx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm

When is the seat deposit due? I can't make the upcoming asd because I have another one that was planned long ago. The only issue I am having is that most of my seat deposits are due april 1st, so I might not be able to attend an asd.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 pm

seat deposit is april 15

jln82
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jln82 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Anybody familiar with FAFSA? I submitted application mid-Feb, just got letter of acceptance from UB with no financial aid info?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Financial aid information wont come out until mid march at the earliest( assuming of course you sent it in)

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Anyone else get a phone call tonight?

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

I did. It was at a very inopportune time, but I was happy to here from them after two months of radio silence.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 am

I got the phone call as well- however, since i was at the bar i didnt answer.

jln82
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jln82 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 am

I got the call. It made me feel special. And the 2L student I spoke to sounded like she sincerely loved UB and cared about the phone call. I told her I loved UB too and I'm ready for a life changing experience... I really didn't say that but it would of been sweet if I did

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby pereira6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:03 am

Aw, I didn't get a phone call...

I think I got one a long time ago though? I can't remember haha

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 pm

northwood wrote:I got the phone call as well- however, since i was at the bar i didnt answer.

Good call northwood.
jln, I agree about the enthusiasm! I spoke with a 1L who was in love w/ UB. Definitely a little more excited to visit tomorrow after talking to a current student!

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 pm

just checked the voicemail- it was dean upshaw... really glad i didnt pick up!

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:18 pm

northwood wrote:just checked the voicemail- it was dean upshaw... really glad i didnt pick up!

They must REALLY want you!

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:13 pm

No scholarship, very surprised. I thought I had a good shot at the 5k a year. Still cheap but similar to other better offers.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Did anyone go to the Admitted Student day yesterday? I thought it was fantastic, and it put buffalo up in my personal rankings. Very informative and helpful. By the way- their projected medians for the incoming ( current oL) class is 3.6 160- those can fall as people make decisions, but we shall see.

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby pereira6 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:36 pm

I couldn't make the ASD due to a family commitment, but I sure enjoyed the reception at encore!

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

northwood wrote:Did anyone go to the Admitted Student day yesterday? I thought it was fantastic, and it put buffalo up in my personal rankings. Very informative and helpful. By the way- their projected medians for the incoming ( current oL) class is 3.6 160- those can fall as people make decisions, but we shall see.


I was there as well, northwood. I thought it was a pretty great presentation overall. The students and staff seemed to really love UB. I was glad to see that a lot of the 3Ls had jobs lined up too!

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby northwood » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:
northwood wrote:Did anyone go to the Admitted Student day yesterday? I thought it was fantastic, and it put buffalo up in my personal rankings. Very informative and helpful. By the way- their projected medians for the incoming ( current oL) class is 3.6 160- those can fall as people make decisions, but we shall see.


I was there as well, northwood. I thought it was a pretty great presentation overall. The students and staff seemed to really love UB. I was glad to see that a lot of the 3Ls had jobs lined up too!



did you see the guy wearing the suit? that one 6question in one was redicolous!

dstr15
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby dstr15 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

I just thought I'd chime in and add my impression of the accepted student day. I had a wonderful time at Encore and at the school on Saturday. All of the students and alumni were wonderful and very committed to UB. I was also generally impressed with the public interest commitment of many of the professors and clinics.

I still have not narrowed down my list of schools, but UB is probably in the top three now.

dstr15
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby dstr15 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

northwood wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:
northwood wrote:Did anyone go to the Admitted Student day yesterday? I thought it was fantastic, and it put buffalo up in my personal rankings. Very informative and helpful. By the way- their projected medians for the incoming ( current oL) class is 3.6 160- those can fall as people make decisions, but we shall see.


I was there as well, northwood. I thought it was a pretty great presentation overall. The students and staff seemed to really love UB. I was glad to see that a lot of the 3Ls had jobs lined up too!



did you see the guy wearing the suit? that one 6question in one was redicolous!

+1

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Buffalo Waiting Thread

Postby jetergrl2ss » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 am

dstr15 wrote:
northwood wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:
northwood wrote:Did anyone go to the Admitted Student day yesterday? I thought it was fantastic, and it put buffalo up in my personal rankings. Very informative and helpful. By the way- their projected medians for the incoming ( current oL) class is 3.6 160- those can fall as people make decisions, but we shall see.


I was there as well, northwood. I thought it was a pretty great presentation overall. The students and staff seemed to really love UB. I was glad to see that a lot of the 3Ls had jobs lined up too!



did you see the guy wearing the suit? that one 6question in one was redicolous!

+1

+2, I wasn't sure if he was asking the question or answering it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”