DePaul Law School 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ericas386

New

Re: DePaul Law School 2014

Post by ericas386 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 am

Accepted :D

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:53 am

Wow didn't even think about checking my status checker again... I expected an email or something I guess!

ACCEPTED! Glad to get the first acceptance, now I can breathe a bit easier.

Any idea on when scholarship info will come?

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:09 am

Accepted! I was also wondering about when the scholarship info will come out...

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 am

Albatross wrote:Dammit. I'm out.
Oh, man, Albatross, I'm sorry. BUt congrats to all those who got in! If we get any updates about $$$ make sure you let us know when to expect it! I'm curious too...

Greg2011

New

Post by Greg2011 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 am

In via status checker. No e-mail yet, thought. That's weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ItsMyTimeBoston

Bronze

Post by ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 am

Congrats to everyone who was accepted yesterday!

I was waitlisted.

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:00 am

I am in! Very excited.

Sorry to Albatross.

Hope it goes well for IMTB!

Congrats to everyone who is in with me!

About $$$, reading last years threads and this years threads it seems like it will be a week or two till we get the letter, and that we will get scholly info in the snail mail. So We'll see. GL to everyone, I am really hoping for money myself, as COA is a big thing for me.

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 am

firemedicprelaw wrote:I am in! Very excited.

Sorry to Albatross.

About $$$, reading last years threads and this years threads it seems like it will be a week or two till we get the letter, and that we will get scholly info in the snail mail. So We'll see. GL to everyone, I am really hoping for money myself, as COA is a big thing for me.
I got in last week (11/23) and my packet came yesterday via snail mail. No t-shirt, though :(

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:16 am

longhornlaw wrote:

Sorry to Albatross.

I got in last week (11/23) and my packet came yesterday via snail mail. No t-shirt, though :(

No T-Shirt? :cry: :cry: :cry:

KHAAAAAA-AAANN!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Got the acceptance email at 8:26 AM PST. This is what it says about scholarship:

"Within the next two weeks, you will receive an acceptance packet in the mail. This packet will provide you with additional information regarding financial aid, tuition deposits and orientation. Please do not call the Office of Admission to confirm this decision as admission staff members are not permitted to provide applicants with information about their decision by telephone. "

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Got the email at about the same time. It appears that if you are getting a scholly, it will be in that packet. Unless someone heard differently? I am hoping not, simply because I would really, really like a scholly... and if people are hearing in email, that might mean I didn't get one... :mrgreen:

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 pm

firemedicprelaw wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:

Sorry to Albatross.

No T-Shirt? :cry: :cry: :cry:

KHAAAAAA-AAANN!!!!!!
The T-shirt was all that was keeping me going this cycle. Now, I don't know if I can go on...

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Accepted also. Congrats to everyone. I'm hoping for a big scholly so I can consider moving to Chicago from NY.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 pm

longhornlaw wrote:

Sorry to Albatross.

The t-shirt comes later, after the packet :)

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 pm

obrienfa wrote:
They just want to keep you on your toes. If all you can think about is, "when will my t-shirt come?!?!?!" then you can't think about any other law schools. BRILLZ.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I was waitlisted and I was wondering if you guys think it's too early to submit a LOCI. I am definitely interested in going, but I am a little concerned as one of the schools I am considering and have been accepted to has a deposit of $900 on April 15th and I'd probably not get in off the waitlist by then.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Spack wrote:I was waitlisted and I was wondering if you guys think it's too early to submit a LOCI. I am definitely interested in going, but I am a little concerned as one of the schools I am considering and have been accepted to has a deposit of $900 on April 15th and I'd probably not get in off the waitlist by then.
I don't think it is too early if you are really interested in attending.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

obrienfa wrote:
Spack wrote:I was waitlisted and I was wondering if you guys think it's too early to submit a LOCI. I am definitely interested in going, but I am a little concerned as one of the schools I am considering and have been accepted to has a deposit of $900 on April 15th and I'd probably not get in off the waitlist by then.
I don't think it is too early if you are really interested in attending.
+1. Deal with the deposit in April if you still need to. No use worrying about it 5 months ahead of time.

MTKennedy

New

Post by MTKennedy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 pm

obrienfa wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:

I wish this were true. I got the t-shirt today, still no packet...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm most likely withdrawing before Christmas unless by some miracle they give me a VERY generous scholarship. You can have my spot :-)

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm more than likely withdrawing as well, so hopefully they'll open it for you :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm

MTKennedy wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:

I wish this were true. I got the t-shirt today, still no packet...
Weird - could it have gotten delivered somewhere else by mistake?

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm

longhornlaw wrote:
I'm more than likely withdrawing as well, so hopefully they'll open it for you :D
Same - I am just waiting to hear from Loyola or Northwestern before I withdrawal.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 pm

chrisbru wrote:

I'm most likely withdrawing before Christmas unless by some miracle they give me a VERY generous scholarship. You can have my spot :-)
Thanks! Make sure you write in your withdrawal letter "I promised this spot to spack. Thanks." I am just concerned about not hearing before I make a deposit simply because it's not entirely refundable and I can barely afford to pay it as is...and I'm not interested in donating $450 out of the kindness of my heart.

jbjlaw

New

Post by jbjlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 pm

I just got accepted to University of Minnesota and so I will be withdrawing my spot at DePaul in the next week or so as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”