DePaul Law School 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mckeeper1

New

Re: DePaul Law School 2014

Post by mckeeper1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Very intriguing. I sent them a withdrawal email after receiving nada from them (and trying to negotiate because I got a lot from Loyola). It seems to me that Loyola/Kent/DePaul are all hurting for students this year. When did you get the offer?
4/18 got this email: Our records indicate that we have not yet received your first tuition deposit, which was due to be received in the Office of Admission no later than April 15, 2011. If you are interested in enrolling at DePaul University College of Law for fall 2011, please contact me as soon as possible, so that we can determine whether seats are still available.

I did not respond at all.

4/25 got this email: Additional scholarship funds have become available at DePaul University College of Law. Because some scholarship recipients did not submit a tuition deposit on April 15, funds have become available to award new scholarships ranging from $8,000 to $15,000 per year. We understand that you did not submit a tuition deposit and may have elected to attend another law school. If, however, this scholarship award would affect your decision, and you now wish to consider attending DePaul, please let me know by replying to this email by Friday, April 29. We will then notify you of your new award and provide you with information about submitting a tuition deposit.

I did respond saying that I was interested in hearing what the offer would be.

4/28 got this email: I am pleased to inform you that you have been awarded a Dean’s Merit Scholarship in the amount of $15000 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Congratulations on this recognition of your accomplishments. This scholarship is renewable for two additional years provided that you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.20 at the end of each academic year. We will send you a revised acceptance letter which includes your new scholarship award and additional information regarding the terms of renewability. Please note that it may take a few weeks before this revised award is reflected in your financial aid award package. If you have not already done so, you must submit the initial tuition deposit of $300 to accept this scholarship and reserve your seat in the fall 2011 entering class. Your tuition deposit must be received in the Office of Admission no later than May 13, 2011. The second installment of $300 is due on June 15, 2011.

I found it odd that this happened, and I agree that I think these Chicago schools are actively looking to fill up their classes. However, now I am very interested in DePaul.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:55 pm

lol damn that is some desperation right there.

I'll be releasing 20k back into the pool soon too so maybe that will encourage some of ya'll who are hesitant bc of lack of $ to reconsider. Such a shame too since mine came with a 2.3 stip and it was so enticing that I even paid the deposit but I have to think about better opportunities that have arisen since...

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:44 pm

mckeeper1 wrote:After I did not send in a seat deposit, I got an email telling me that scholarship money opened up due to some withdrawals and got offered $15,000 a year with a 3.2 GPA stipulation. The offer says I have to send in a seat deposit by May 13th. Very intriguing DePaul...
Got the same email too, but had already sent in an email withdrawing.

acmass

New

Post by acmass » Wed May 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Just accepted off the waitlist for Full Time via email.

No longer excited. Unless they give me enough money to convince me that living in Chicago is worth it, I'll be sticking with California schools.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeahhhh, I was already being offered 20k a year and they emailed me long after the tuition deposit was due saying they wanted to offer me another 5k on top of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CortninO

New

Post by CortninO » Sat May 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey everyone!

I told DePaul that I was unsure I would be attending anymore, as I got a larger scholarship from Kent. Initially DePaul had me at $12,000 at 3.2, and Kent's was $20,000 at 3.2 plus a $12,000 grant the first year.

Dean Burns wrote me back saying that they would match that $20,000 and also that one of his colleagues was looking into lowering GPA requirements. He said that decision should be made within the next two weeks. It sounded as though the lowering of the GPA would be across the board and not like he was looking for me in particular, which could be some very good news for people!

So yeah, just know that they are willing to work with you. Definitely worth an e-mail to see leastway!

broggenkamp

New

Post by broggenkamp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 am

Hi! I am a 3L currently attending DePaul University. If anyone is looking for a place to live for the upcoming school year, regardless of what school you are attending in Chicago, please email me at broggenkamp@hotmail.com. I live with another DePaul Law Student and our place is a 3-bedroom apartment and the room that is available comes with its own bathroom. Water and electricity is included, the common area and kitchen is fully furnished, and the rent is $1,100 a month. The apartment also comes with a washer/dryer and the total cost of the remaining utilities (cable TV/internet, heat/AC) is about $50 per person. The apartment is in the Fisher Building, which is located right across the street from John Marshall Law School and is a 5 minute walk to DePaul Law School. The building also has a pretty nice gym, and bar to rent out for parties. Other than that good luck to everyone in the upcoming school year!

-Billy

Temple11

New

Post by Temple11 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Admitted off the waitlist with $15k/yr scholly!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”