Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote::? I hate this. I just want a phone call adfkljfa;frujdfcas

+1


Rooting for you both! I think the fact you didn't get emails yesterday is a good sign - how hard can it be to send out mass emails??

yellowmellow
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby yellowmellow » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

seancooksey07 wrote::? I hate this. I just want a phone call adfkljfa;frujdfcas



+1 Pretty please, Penn?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Hang in there! I had pretty much given up hope until an hour ago, so you guys could hear any minute! They can't be done with calls yet, just hang on!

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Based on today's calls and the fact they we didn't receive emails yesterday, it sounds like our fate is being decided on this morning...

Waiting is painful, but we'll probably know either way by the end of the day.

thereelshaq
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:25 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby thereelshaq » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Long Live Jacox wrote:Based on today's calls and the fact they we didn't receive emails yesterday, it sounds like our fate is being decided on this morning...

Waiting is painful, but we'll probably know either way by the end of the day.



i agree w this.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Long Live Jacox wrote:Based on today's calls and the fact they we didn't receive emails yesterday, it sounds like our fate is being decided on this morning...

Waiting is painful, but we'll probably know either way by the end of the day.


It looks like they are reading files differently this year. I wouldn't necessarily write off tomorrow just yet.

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby 123xalady » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I sort of wish my fate was being decided today. I haven't updated from my first UCR date of 12/14 :(

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jpk5372 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 pm

forward21 wrote:Am I the only early November complete that hasn't gone UCR? Still sitting complete at 11/8. I seriously have no idea why. My #s should easily get me in without YP... and this assumes they're doing a numbers screen, but RD admits have gone out with lower and higher numbers than me. Nor is there anything weird in my app that would otherwise throw it off.

Fuck.


i'm still sitting there too. They are probably processing all of the applications they received earlier.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 pm

sent 11/22, complete 12/9. I know I have awhile to wait, but I love Penn and it is definitely one of my top choices. Please love me too, Penn!

Good luck to all those finding out today/soon. Congrats to those who got in yesterday!

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Long Live Jacox wrote:Based on today's calls and the fact they we didn't receive emails yesterday, it sounds like our fate is being decided on this morning...

Waiting is painful, but we'll probably know either way by the end of the day.


It looks like they are reading files differently this year. I wouldn't necessarily write off tomorrow just yet.


I love your optimism; it is easy to see why you are a fan favorite.

At this point, I feel like the deer being stared down by De Niro in The Deer Hunter.

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellojd » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

yellowmellow wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote::? I hate this. I just want a phone call adfkljfa;frujdfcas



+1 Pretty please, Penn?


+2. 2nd UCR since 12/9, this guy/gal is taking his sweet freakin time.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby DaveBear07 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 pm

2nd UCR 12/15 here... just decided to pass the time by putting in 300.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:52 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:2nd UCR 12/15 here... just decided to pass the time by putting in 300.


I am envious. Chilling at work with my cell phone and work phone just sitting there and not ringing leaves a lot to be desired.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:Image


I figured it was only a matter of time before the LOLcats migrated over here from the NYU thread...

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 pm

ilovemulch wrote:In via voicemail!! They were like, we just made a decision today, lol. I'm RD UCR 12/6-->UCR 12/14, non URM, LSAT @75th and GPA btwn 25th and median. I'm really happy b/c this is the first school I've gotten into that's actually one of my top choices!

GL to everyone still waiting!!!

EDIT: Thanks everyone for your congrats!!

awesome! congrats!! that'll make waiting for nyu a lil easier...hopefully anyway :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm

hellojd wrote:
yellowmellow wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote::? I hate this. I just want a phone call adfkljfa;frujdfcas



+1 Pretty please, Penn?


+2. 2nd UCR since 12/9, this guy/gal is taking his sweet freakin time.


Same.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Knock wrote:
hellojd wrote:
yellowmellow wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote::? I hate this. I just want a phone call adfkljfa;frujdfcas



+1 Pretty please, Penn?


+2. 2nd UCR since 12/9, this guy/gal is taking his sweet freakin time.


Same.


Did you write the 5-year?

ETA: I saw the edit.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:24 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
hellojd wrote:
yellowmellow wrote:+1 Pretty please, Penn?


+2. 2nd UCR since 12/9, this guy/gal is taking his sweet freakin time.


Same.


Did you write the 5-year?

ETA: I saw the edit.


Haha, I was worried that didn't come off the right way, so I got rid of it :oops:. I submitted the diversity statement option.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Knock wrote:
Haha, I was worried that didn't come off the right way, so I got rid of it :oops:. I submitted the diversity statement option.


Geez you guys, coming from the west coast and not writing a why Penn? DS is pretty standard and I think they know that.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby mrmangs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Haha, I was worried that didn't come off the right way, so I got rid of it :oops:. I submitted the diversity statement option.


Geez you guys, coming from the west coast and not writing a why Penn? DS is pretty standard and I think they know that.


:oops:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Haha, I was worried that didn't come off the right way, so I got rid of it :oops:. I submitted the diversity statement option.


Geez you guys, coming from the west coast and not writing a why Penn? DS is pretty standard and I think they know that.


:oops:


:oops:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm

I know I know, you applied just to apply anyway ;)

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Haha, I was worried that didn't come off the right way, so I got rid of it :oops:. I submitted the diversity statement option.


Geez you guys, coming from the west coast and not writing a why Penn? DS is pretty standard and I think they know that.


:oops:


:oops:



Fwiw I wrote the ds and 5 year and got WL yesterday. Numbers just below medians.


And congrats to those in so far today! I'm sure the rest of you all will get called today or tomorrow!

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

It appears to be all quiet on the Eastern front.

Is our fate sealed?

:(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, curry4bfast, ellielaw, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo and 4 guests