Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:WL by email. PM for #'s.


:shock:. How did Penn WL you? (I haven't gotten accepted either).


Yeah, a tad suprising. Funny because I actually would seriously consider Penn, unlike a lot of other schools I have gotten into thus far... I will prob write a LOCI.


You're already accepted to B, right?

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:WL by email. PM for #'s.


:shock:. How did Penn WL you? (I haven't gotten accepted either).


Yeah, a tad suprising. Funny because I actually would seriously consider Penn, unlike a lot of other schools I have gotten into thus far... I will prob write a LOCI.


You're already accepted to B, right?


Yep. :D

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:50 pm

On the verge of letting Penn go and making peace with the fact that Philly won't be an option.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm

mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:
Yeah, a tad suprising. Funny because I actually would seriously consider Penn, unlike a lot of other schools I have gotten into thus far... I will prob write a LOCI.


You're already accepted to B, right?


Yep. :D


See ya there...workout buddies? :P

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Knock wrote:See ya there...workout buddies? :P


Of course, although with luck we'll be working out at Stanford! :lol:

ansberryj
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ansberryj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm

ilovemulch wrote:are all the WLs/dings so far ED people? Or have any RD's been dinged/WL'd?


I submitted RD early October, WL'd today.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 pm

vegenator wrote:Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.


I think their C/O 2013 GPA median was 3.85. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

vegenator wrote:Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.


I have kind of similar numbers -- 169/4.0. I am really getting nervous, expecting a WL/R email soon.

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

anyone with second UCR on 12/15 dinged/WL-ed today?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Knock wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.


I think their C/O 2013 GPA median was 3.85. Someone correct me if I am wrong.


I could be wrong, I might have the figure for class of 12 at 3.82.
Looks like I was close but no cigar.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 pm

mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:See ya there...workout buddies? :P


Of course, although with luck we'll be working out at Stanford! :lol:


Let's keep this fraternity going...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm

vegenator wrote:
Knock wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.


I think their C/O 2013 GPA median was 3.85. Someone correct me if I am wrong.


I could be wrong, I might have the figure for class of 12 at 3.82.
Looks like I was close but no cigar.


Looks like 3.82 was the C/O 2012 GPA. The C/O 2013 GPA median is 3.85: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128236.

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Trustbuster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Just got WL'd. S'aright by me.

167
3.85
URM (Mex.)

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 pm

I just saw Inbox (1) and freaked out.

Thank you Gawker spam.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Knock wrote:
vegenator wrote:
Knock wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wait listed 20 minutes ago. 169 3.83 submitted on 9/24. Kind of disappointed as I am just below median LSAT and just above median gpa. But we all know which # carries more weight. Oh well. Just another point in michigan's favor :mrgreen:

Edit: I was rd.


I think their C/O 2013 GPA median was 3.85. Someone correct me if I am wrong.


I could be wrong, I might have the figure for class of 12 at 3.82.
Looks like I was close but no cigar.


Looks like 3.82 was the C/O 2012 GPA. The C/O 2013 GPA median is 3.85: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128236.


Thanks! Looks like the list I had on hand was a mixture of 2012 & 2013 data **goes off to update charts***

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 pm

vegenator wrote:
Knock wrote:
vegenator wrote:
Knock wrote:
I think their C/O 2013 GPA median was 3.85. Someone correct me if I am wrong.


I could be wrong, I might have the figure for class of 12 at 3.82.
Looks like I was close but no cigar.


Looks like 3.82 was the C/O 2012 GPA. The C/O 2013 GPA median is 3.85: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128236.


Thanks! Looks like the list I had on hand was a mixture of 2012 & 2013 data **goes off to update charts***


Np, sorry about the waitlist and best of luck on your cycle :).

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks! In a way, I guess a Wl probably good since I was leaning Michigan over Penn anyways, so this makes that decision a bit easier :)

Good luck to those of you still waiting for a response and conrats to everyone who's in!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 pm

vegenator wrote:Thanks! In a way, I guess a Wl probably good since I was leaning Michigan over Penn anyways, so this makes that decision a bit easier :)

Good luck to those of you still waiting for a response and conrats to everyone who's in!


Sorry to hear about the WL, thought you had a decent chance. No LOCI?

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm

09nlm wrote:Dinged via email.


ED/RD? I'm sorry as well :/ I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great though!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:Thanks! In a way, I guess a Wl probably good since I was leaning Michigan over Penn anyways, so this makes that decision a bit easier :)

Good luck to those of you still waiting for a response and conrats to everyone who's in!


Sorry to hear about the WL, thought you had a decent chance. No LOCI?


I'm still thinking about it. The waitlist email says i have until the 17th of jan. to respond as to whether i want to remain on the wait list (which they state they start pulling from in may). Michigan is a better option for my husband and job transferability as he knows one of the local plant managers. Not sure if we could pull off a transfer request as late as may (or even later) and if so, if if I'd get any scholly money at Penn (in contrast, Michigan seems fairly formulaic so I have my expectations :mrgreen: )

mgregory3203
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby mgregory3203 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

I just got an email from Penn saying "The Admissions Committee has completed its preliminary review of your application and has decided to hold your file for further review. Because your file is being held for further review, your application will no longer be considered binding under the Early Decision agreement." Since I applied in September under regular decison, and verified through LSAC that my application didn't include the agreement and all the boxes were checked correctly I was a little concerned that they had got me mixed up. Did anyone else experience this or notice this in their emails? I'm okay with being waitlisted, as Penn is a bit of a reach for me but I want to make sure they got all my materials. I emailed them to clear it up, but I was curious if anyone else saw the same thing. Thanks for any insight, big congrats to all of those who got in and good luck to everyone else with all your apps!

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:36 pm

what's the status of my fellow 2nd UCR 12/14 peeps...? Any news? just hanging on for dear life like me?

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby DaveBear07 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Second UCR 12/15 here... been on pens and needles refreshing my e-mail... nothing yet.... maybe tomorrow? alksdjf;lakjs;oiej;oa

User avatar
dj666
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby dj666 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:37 pm

ilovemulch wrote:what's the status of my fellow 2nd UCR 12/14 peeps...? Any news? just hanging on for dear life like me?


Hanging on for dear life.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, Cjsanders2, cocozhang9950, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], mse2020, smashbash and 9 guests