Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 pm

politico2011 wrote:

No, I missed the call so got a voicemail, but it was a 215 number.


Thanks!

When were your UR dates?

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm

just got the callll!!!! UR dates were 12/15 and 12/16

yayyyy :D

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm

eaa1537 wrote:just got the callll!!!! UR dates were 12/15 and 12/16

yayyyy :D


Congrats!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm

eaa1537 wrote:just got the callll!!!! UR dates were 12/15 and 12/16

yayyyy :D


Congratulations!!! #'s please? :D

Would anyone who gets in mind posting their numbers, and also their UR dates, for the benefit of the thread? Thanks guys and a huge congrats! :mrgreen:

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 pm

thankssss! so excited :D

and without giving up too much info, my LSAT retake is above 75% (first LSAT below 25%), and my gpa is right below 75%, if you want more specifics pm me

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby forward » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Grats! #s, submission date?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:40 pm

r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Yeeaaaah Philly!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:41 pm

forward21 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Grats! #s, submission date?


10/7, 10/8 complete, 11/29->12/15

170, 3.91, reapplicant, Penn grad student.

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby src42 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Yeeaaaah Philly!

Hooray!! Big congrats!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Congrats, r6! I know you really wanted this one, so go out and celebrate! :D

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


awww yay Philly!! I'm so happy for you - I know how much you wanted Penn and you've been so dedicated to TLS! What do they say on the phone? (the only phone acceptance I've had so far, from BU, i missed it and went to VM!)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Yeeaaaah Philly!


Thanks! So happy!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Congrats, r6! I know you really wanted this one, so go out and celebrate! :D


I have to see the dentist in 30 lol great way to start my celebration!

ilovemulch wrote:awww yay Philly!! I'm so happy for you - I know how much you wanted Penn and you've been so dedicated to TLS! What do they say on the phone? (the only phone acceptance I've had so far, from BU, i missed it and went to VM!)


Dean Post sounded like she had a lot of calls to make. Very polite and business like, congratulated me, said checker will update. Short and sweet!

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 pm

O M G literally 10 seconds after i posted that, i got a call from a private # (my heart is still beating outside of my chest) and got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO flippin excited, only to find out it was my doctor's office calling to confirm my appt. for Thursday.

F
M
L

:)

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Gah... Phone ring! I have gotten to point of checking my voicemail just in case my crappy service caused me not to see a missed call.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:47 pm

ilovemulch wrote:O M G literally 10 seconds after i posted that, i got a call from a private # (my heart is still beating outside of my chest) and got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO flippin excited, only to find out it was my doctor's office calling to confirm my appt. for Thursday.

F
M
L

:)


I got a private number that I couldn't pick up, no vm at around 2. That's why I asked if it was private.

So maybe it's a good sign :) Good luck!

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby czelede » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Congrats everyone!!

r6, are you considering another 3 years in Philly or is fairer weather calling your name?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 pm

czelede wrote:Congrats everyone!!

r6, are you considering another 3 years in Philly or is fairer weather calling your name?


That would make 20 even, so it's not really an issue. Berkeley is calling my name but not for weather reasons. This will be a tough one, $$ will play a role. My family is split as well. So I guess I will make a decision in May. For now, looking forward to both ASW's!

I have been answering Philly questions in the other thread, so let me know if you guys need to know anything.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
czelede wrote:Congrats everyone!!

r6, are you considering another 3 years in Philly or is fairer weather calling your name?


That would make 20 even, so it's not really an issue. Berkeley is calling my name but not for weather reasons. This will be a tough one, $$ will play a role. My family is split as well. So I guess I will make a decision in May. For now, looking forward to both ASW's!

I have been answering Philly questions in the other thread, so let me know if you guys need to know anything.


Pat's or Geno's?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Pat's or Geno's?


Neither. I like my corner stores :lol:

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellojd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Congrats man. Although... now I need new decision-waiting anxiety partners :?

loptimist
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby loptimist » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm

i guess no love from penn for me :(

i EDed, still on review.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm

hellojd wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Congrats man. Although... now I need new decision-waiting anxiety partners :?


I will hang around and be anxious about other schools? I am not even UR at NYU yet so I will be around waiting for a long while.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got the call!!!

12/15 second UCR date! Awesome!


Yeeaaaah Philly!


Thanks! So happy!


Congrats R6!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”