Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellojd » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Very sad to not have received a call. Hopefully there are more on the way. :cry:


haha they started 3 hrs ago man, don't sweat it.

Err, then again, i'm in the same boat so maybe I'm trying to make myself feel better as well here... :?

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 pm

I hear crickets...

Are we done for the day?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Long Live Jacox wrote:I hear crickets...

Are we done for the day?

I hope not. In last year's thread, another wave of calls came around 4ish or 5ish on the first day of RD decisions. *fingers crossed* STARES AT PHONE HOPEFULLY

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
Long Live Jacox wrote:I hear crickets...

Are we done for the day?

I hope not. In last year's thread, another wave of calls came around 4ish or 5ish on the first day of RD decisions. *fingers crossed* STARES AT PHONE HOPEFULLY


What is our fate if we don't hear back on the first day?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Long Live Jacox wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
Long Live Jacox wrote:I hear crickets...

Are we done for the day?

I hope not. In last year's thread, another wave of calls came around 4ish or 5ish on the first day of RD decisions. *fingers crossed* STARES AT PHONE HOPEFULLY


What is our fate if we don't hear back on the first day?


Last year more calls came the next day, but since tomorrow is Saturday I think we may have to wait until Monday.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby DaveBear07 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:47 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
Long Live Jacox wrote:I hear crickets...

Are we done for the day?

I hope not. In last year's thread, another wave of calls came around 4ish or 5ish on the first day of RD decisions. *fingers crossed* STARES AT PHONE HOPEFULLY



This would be awesome.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:35 pm

I am slightly disappointed :(

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am slightly disappointed :(



Me too, philly, me too. :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:54 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am slightly disappointed :(



Me too, philly, me too. :(


I guess our file is still in the second reviewer's queue. Hopefully 11am Monday?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:14 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am slightly disappointed :(



Me too, philly, me too. :(


I guess our file is still in the second reviewer's queue. Hopefully 11am Monday?



Hm. I thought you'd already been reviewed twice though? I have. How about we are in the "to call Monday" pile, because they want to make our Christmas week? Oh Penn, you are too good to us...

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I submitted on the first day apps opened so I have a little less hope that I am still being reviewed lol. I guess this is the one situation where submitting later might mean more hope.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I submitted on the first day apps opened so I have a little less hope that I am still being reviewed lol. I guess this is the one situation where submitting later might mean more hope.



Don't give up hope! I submitted early as well, and I'm not counting myself out quite yet. There have only been a couple of hours of calls thus far, and there's still a whole class to fill.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:23 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am slightly disappointed :(



Me too, philly, me too. :(


I guess our file is still in the second reviewer's queue. Hopefully 11am Monday?



Hm. I thought you'd already been reviewed twice though? I have. How about we are in the "to call Monday" pile, because they want to make our Christmas week? Oh Penn, you are too good to us...


Mine updated to 12/15, so that's not a lot of time to review. From last year's data, I am supposed to hear back before the break. Since they called some 12/14 updates I am going to stick to Monday for others.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:24 pm

jd2014! wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I submitted on the first day apps opened so I have a little less hope that I am still being reviewed lol. I guess this is the one situation where submitting later might mean more hope.



Don't give up hope! I submitted early as well, and I'm not counting myself out quite yet. There have only been a couple of hours of calls thus far, and there's still a whole class to fill.


Yeah, seems like they only called today from 11am til around 1pm. Still plenty more acceptances to go around :)

to MONDAY!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 pm

r6_philly wrote:Mine updated to 12/15, so that's not a lot of time to review. From last year's data, I am supposed to hear back before the break. Since they called some 12/14 updates I am going to stick to Monday for others.


Excellent point. 12/15 here, too. I guess you're right in that they only made it to 12/14 today. Ah, hope. Monday it is.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:28 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Mine updated to 12/15, so that's not a lot of time to review. From last year's data, I am supposed to hear back before the break. Since they called some 12/14 updates I am going to stick to Monday for others.


Excellent point. 12/15 here, too. I guess you're right in that they only made it to 12/14 today. Ah, hope. Monday it is.


I will see you guys here bright and early 8)

Dwigt
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Dwigt » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

12/14 here. No call today. :(

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby obrienfa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 pm

I was traveling all day so didn't have time to post but got the call this morning :). Congrats to everyone else who got in today!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 pm

obrienfa wrote:I was traveling all day so didn't have time to post but got the call this morning :). Congrats to everyone else who got in today!



! :shock: Congrats! When was your last UCR date, if you don't mind sharing?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 pm

obrienfa wrote:I was traveling all day so didn't have time to post but got the call this morning :). Congrats to everyone else who got in today!


Congrats!!!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 pm

rjlee wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Mine updated to 12/15, so that's not a lot of time to review. From last year's data, I am supposed to hear back before the break. Since they called some 12/14 updates I am going to stick to Monday for others.


Excellent point. 12/15 here, too. I guess you're right in that they only made it to 12/14 today. Ah, hope. Monday it is.


yikes...is it really that cut and dried? if so, i guess that's bad news for me as a 12/6er


No. We weren't saying that all the pre-12/15ers that are going to get in have already been admitted. The point is that no one after 12/14 has been admitted yet, because they haven't had time to get to those apps yet.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Good luck! Here's hoping for a big wave of acceptances on Monday! :)

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 pm

according to LSN some rejections went out today... anyone know how they inform you if you get rejected?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:38 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:according to LSN some rejections went out today... anyone know how they inform you if you get rejected?


Rejections/WL email and checker.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”