Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
archie&veronica
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby archie&veronica » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 am

UCR 12/15 as of tonight, earlier today my status said Complete 11/3

User avatar
AdamAndSteve
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby AdamAndSteve » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 am

Fresh wrote:I'm UCR 12/14


Yes! Maybe a bunch of URM's on the same date, then? That could explain the disparity between the number sets.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Fresh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 am

AdamAndSteve wrote:
Fresh wrote:I'm UCR 12/14


Yes! Maybe a bunch of URM's on the same date, then? That could explain the disparity between the number sets.


Who knows lol.. I haven't enjoyed reading about "UCR 12/15 is sweet, UCR 12/14 sux"

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Older Chest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 am

Fresh wrote:I'm UCR 12/14


And you have been dominating thus far. Yay for hope for 12/14 (although you could be YP for Penn, considering that full scholly to UVA). I'm definitely jealous.

Do you have a top choice so far, or are you waiting to see what the best offer is when all is said and done?

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Fresh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 am

Long Live Jacox wrote:
Fresh wrote:I'm UCR 12/14


And you have been dominating thus far. Yay for hope for 12/14 (although you could be YP for Penn, considering that full scholly to UVA). I'm definitely jealous.

Do you have a top choice so far, or are you waiting to see what the best offer is when all is said and done?


I doubt it would be YP lol I'm close to both medians. You're also above LSAT/at GPA. I vote that we squash this 12/14 vs. 12/15 debate and agree that we'll all fare well. Deal?

Also I'll be waiting till I have options laid out in front of me before I decide!

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby leopardRAWR » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:36 am

Long Live Jacox wrote:After reviewing this thread, it seems like the UCR 12/14 people are in bad shape (myself included), while members of the 12/15 group should expect a phone call by the end of the week. The difference in numbers is apparent.

Here's to hoping I'm right about the second part and wrong about the first.


I think you are right about the second part. The 12/15 group seems to be a lot of strong candidates. The 12/14 group, while not auto-admits, are not auto-dings either. It seems a lot of us are at/above 1 median and below the other. There also seem to be a good number of URMs. I am optimistic about our chances because we are one of the first UCR groups (aren't we the 3rd or 4th?) so we're getting the best possible shot at the spots they have for applicants who aren't auto-admit.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:40 am

On the contrary my numbers are low for them. I've been shocked by almost every school I've been accepted to so far, so I guess my softs have been doing a lot for me.

AdamAndSteve wrote:
Fresh wrote:I'm UCR 12/14
Yes! Maybe a bunch of URM's on the same date, then? That could explain the disparity between the number sets.


I'm 12/14 and URM, so I think there's something to that theory. I like that one better than the 12/14ers are in trouble anyway. :D

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 am

So they say that decision will come out for some RD early next week. I'm assuming that's gotta mean Monday/Tuesday. Anyone know around what time?

I have exams but I think my prof would let me step out of the room to take a call from Penn. =D

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellojd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am

ya know, you 12/14 and 12/15 youngins are distracting away from the fact that some of us are real OGs in this thread, 2nd UCR since 12/9 8)

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 am

UCR 12/6 ---> 12/15.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby The Stig » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 am

i wonder if any law schools realize how many people on TLS get worked up about their status checker dates ? they probably wouldn't care since we probably are less than 10% of the applicant pool, but I might prefer to just have a status checker without the dates so i wouldn't be sucked into this 12/14 vs 12/15 vs 12/9 theory!

EDIT: though I will admit it has made this thread much more exciting/livelier

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 am

hellojd wrote:ya know, you 12/14 and 12/15 youngins are distracting away from the fact that some of us are real OGs in this thread, 2nd UCR since 12/9 8)


Then I say a decision for you is definitely likely to come soon. I don't think I'm (or any of the other 12/14 first UCRs) will be in the pre-Xmas group unless they make lightning speed decisions on us. And I'd rather they go through my app carefully and decide they want me than just look at my numbers and throw me in ding pile!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:51 am

The Stig wrote:i wonder if any law schools realize how many people on TLS get worked up about their status checker dates ? they probably wouldn't care since we probably are less than 10% of the applicant pool, but I might prefer to just have a status checker without the dates so i wouldn't be sucked into this 12/14 vs 12/15 vs 12/9 theory!

EDIT: though I will admit it has made this thread much more exciting/livelier


We have 30 pages to make up. Don't make me bring out the ice sculpture again!

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 am

yeah I also don't know that too much can be read into this 12/14 vs. 12/15 thing (obviously hopeful here given I'm a 12/6-->12/14 person)...I'm 75th LSAT, btwn 25th to median GPA....
Last edited by ilovemulch on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 am

If you submitted in Oct, it seems like you will receive your decision before next Wed. they got through everyone last year. I am counting on it.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am

UCR 12/14 here.

Edit: What's Penn's GPA median?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 am

shanemahsa wrote:UCR 12/14 here.

Edit: What's Penn's GPA median?


3.85

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 am

r6_philly wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:UCR 12/14 here.

Edit: What's Penn's GPA median?


3.85

:shock:

that's more than berkeley, which is supposed to be gpa crazy.. this makes me go from hoping for acceptance to expecting waitlist. boooo. and imna jump on the bandwagon and say u have a kid tv commercial quality cute kid haha.

edit- just checked that medians page. uva/penn are .03 gpa wise from having the exact same medians as stanford..

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 am

Well I feel left out of all of this. My date still reads 12/6. First day app as well so I am perplexed. :?

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

lakerfanimal wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:UCR 12/14 here.

Edit: What's Penn's GPA median?


3.85

:shock:

that's more than berkeley, which is supposed to be gpa crazy.. this makes me go from hoping for acceptance to expecting waitlist. boooo. and imna jump on the bandwagon and say u have a kid tv commercial quality cute kid haha.

edit- just checked that medians page. uva/penn are .03 gpa wise from having the exact same medians as stanford..

Wow... pwned. No wonder I'm not part of the 12/15 group.

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellojd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:So they say that decision will come out for some RD early next week. I'm assuming that's gotta mean Monday/Tuesday. Anyone know around what time?

I have exams but I think my prof would let me step out of the room to take a call from Penn. =D


Man, dislike... for the sake of my nerves, I was really hoping for something by end of this week.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

I am still going with tomorrow! They need mon/tue next week for reject/wl. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 am

r6_philly wrote:I am still going with tomorrow! They need mon/tue next week for reject/wl. That's my story and I am sticking to it.


How about tomorrow for everyone who's had two updates and they need mon/tue for the people who look like they just went under review but really they've been looked at off-site so they're actually on the second set of eyes too. Or they will be by the end of this week anyway. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 am

lakerfanimal wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:UCR 12/14 here.

Edit: What's Penn's GPA median?


3.85

:shock:

that's more than berkeley, which is supposed to be gpa crazy.. this makes me go from hoping for acceptance to expecting waitlist. boooo. and imna jump on the bandwagon and say u have a kid tv commercial quality cute kid haha.

edit- just checked that medians page. uva/penn are .03 gpa wise from having the exact same medians as stanford..


Take a look at the ED thread they admitted a bunch of reverse splitters. 3.9+ was pretty much safe, I think they went as low as 163 with a non-URM

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 am

law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am still going with tomorrow! They need mon/tue next week for reject/wl. That's my story and I am sticking to it.


How about tomorrow for everyone who's had two updates and they need mon/tue for the people who look like they just went under review but really they've been looked at off-site so they're actually on the second set of eyes too. Or they will be by the end of this week anyway. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D


Whichever one that can get us through the weekend!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”