Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 pm

sarahlawg wrote:Would love Penn... I've been stuck at 'application received and processing' since 11/21 :( Good luck to all EDers this week! Hope those acceptances come in.


That's my story at NYU... Hopefully you will go UCR soon!

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:Would love Penn... I've been stuck at 'application received and processing' since 11/21 :( Good luck to all EDers this week! Hope those acceptances come in.


That's my story at NYU... Hopefully you will go UCR soon!


Thanks. I'm the same at NYU too lol...just don't want it as badly. January/Feb can't come soon enough!

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 am

123xalady wrote:
chip3341 wrote:Question - do they call you even if you're denied?



ermm that would be extremely awkward haha

I imagine this is how it would go:
"Hi there, is this T6 Hopeful?"
"Yes it is, may I ask who's calling?"
"Sure, I represent the admissions committee at Penn Law."
"Oh, hi how are you?"
"Good. Just wanted to know your application has been rejected."
"...Oh."
"Yeah, thanks for applying. Bye."

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
123xalady wrote:
chip3341 wrote:Question - do they call you even if you're denied?



ermm that would be extremely awkward haha

I imagine this is how it would go:
"Hi there, is this T6 Hopeful?"
"Yes it is, may I ask who's calling?"
"Sure, I represent the admissions committee at Penn Law."
"Oh, hi how are you?"
"Good. Just wanted to know your application has been rejected."
"...Oh."
"Yeah, thanks for applying. Bye."

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah that would be the worst (or best) job ever.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby PinkCow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 am

shanemahsa wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
123xalady wrote:
chip3341 wrote:Question - do they call you even if you're denied?



ermm that would be extremely awkward haha

I imagine this is how it would go:
"Hi there, is this T6 Hopeful?"
"Yes it is, may I ask who's calling?"
"Sure, I represent the admissions committee at Penn Law."
"Oh, hi how are you?"
"Good. Just wanted to know your application has been rejected."
"...Oh."
"Yeah, thanks for applying. Bye."

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah that would be the worst (or best) job ever.



Slightly better than working for your UG's Alumni association and doing cold calls for $$$. *slightly*

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:07 am

chip3341 wrote:Slightly better than working for your UG's Alumni association and doing cold calls for $$$. *slightly*


It's probably easy at Penn.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby justadude55 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 am

idk i think it could be fun. you can ask them how badly they want to go to penn. ask what they'd do for penn. ask if they're a god fearing individual. tell them they seem like a great candidate....then reject them.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby law_monkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 am

sarahlawg wrote:Would love Penn... I've been stuck at 'application received and processing' since 11/21 :( Good luck to all EDers this week! Hope those acceptances come in.


I'm stuck at complete, so I'm not much better off than you are. They're toward the top of my list, but apparently I'm not at the top of theirs. :(

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby neonx » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 am

law_monkey wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:Would love Penn... I've been stuck at 'application received and processing' since 11/21 :( Good luck to all EDers this week! Hope those acceptances come in.


I'm stuck at complete, so I'm not much better off than you are. They're toward the top of my list, but apparently I'm not at the top of theirs. :(


+1. Sending my good vibes out to Penn EDers for the next several days.

U-Bahn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby U-Bahn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am

'Complete' as of today(received acknowledgement mail on 23rd)!

The e-mail says, however, that the EDs will be reviewed first, since the school proised them a decision by the end of December.

So I guess.. I'll have to wait :(

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby slax » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm


r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

slax wrote:Someone got in ED - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/HeavenWood


Yes a few admits over in the ED thread. Counting down for RD any day now...

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby slax » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
slax wrote:Someone got in ED - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/HeavenWood


Yes a few admits over in the ED thread. Counting down for RD any day now...



Forgot about the thread. Glad I stalked lsn...

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 pm

slax wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
slax wrote:Someone got in ED - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/HeavenWood


Yes a few admits over in the ED thread. Counting down for RD any day now...



Forgot about the thread. Glad I stalked lsn...


That would be me you're stalking! :mrgreen:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:59 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
slax wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
slax wrote:Someone got in ED - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/HeavenWood


Yes a few admits over in the ED thread. Counting down for RD any day now...



Forgot about the thread. Glad I stalked lsn...


That would be me you're stalking! :mrgreen:


Yup, I will see you soon. Mad Mex happy hour! :mrgreen:

Or the City Tap House or New Deck

ellewoods2
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ellewoods2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:46 pm

I was UCR 11/30 and just checked and the current status date changed to 12/8. Anyone else see this?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

ellewoods2 wrote:I was UCR 11/30 and just checked and the current status date changed to 12/8. Anyone else see this?


RD? That means your file passed on to the second reader then.

ellewoods2
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby ellewoods2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:59 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ellewoods2 wrote:I was UCR 11/30 and just checked and the current status date changed to 12/8. Anyone else see this?


RD? That means your file passed on to the second reader then.


Yep, RD. Passed on to the second reader is normal though, correct? It's not a bad thing?

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby amkid100 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:02 pm

ellewoods2 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
ellewoods2 wrote:I was UCR 11/30 and just checked and the current status date changed to 12/8. Anyone else see this?


RD? That means your file passed on to the second reader then.


Yep, RD. Passed on to the second reader is normal though, correct? It's not a bad thing?


Yup...the website says that all files are read by at least 2 readers. that being said, some peoples' dates do not update, presumably because their office is wireless and readers can access the files from off site.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 pm

amkid100 wrote:
ellewoods2 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
ellewoods2 wrote:I was UCR 11/30 and just checked and the current status date changed to 12/8. Anyone else see this?


RD? That means your file passed on to the second reader then.


Yep, RD. Passed on to the second reader is normal though, correct? It's not a bad thing?


Yup...the website says that all files are read by at least 2 readers. that being said, some peoples' dates do not update, presumably because their office is wireless and readers can access the files from off site.


So, I could theoretically be under review right now (status: complete 11/10)? Sweet.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby DaveBear07 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I just went UCR. I'm freaking out.

Went complete on 10/18. Whew...

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby hellome » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:14 pm

pennlawschool tweet:

JD Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through Dec. 22. More info: --LinkRemoved-- #admissions

the site says:

J.D. PROGRAM INSIGHT OF THE WEEK

As per our rolling admissions process, Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through December 22; Regular Decision candidates will also begin to receive decisions prior to December 22. It is our policy that every application is read by at least two members of the Admissions Committee – often times more than two. We appreciate your patience.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby mrmangs » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm

hellome wrote:pennlawschool tweet:

JD Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through Dec. 22. More info: --LinkRemoved-- #admissions

the site says:

J.D. PROGRAM INSIGHT OF THE WEEK

As per our rolling admissions process, Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through December 22; Regular Decision candidates will also begin to receive decisions prior to December 22. It is our policy that every application is read by at least two members of the Admissions Committee – often times more than two. We appreciate your patience.


Good stuff, thanks.

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

mrmangs wrote:
hellome wrote:pennlawschool tweet:

JD Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through Dec. 22. More info: --LinkRemoved-- #admissions

the site says:

J.D. PROGRAM INSIGHT OF THE WEEK

As per our rolling admissions process, Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through December 22; Regular Decision candidates will also begin to receive decisions prior to December 22. It is our policy that every application is read by at least two members of the Admissions Committee – often times more than two. We appreciate your patience.


Good stuff, thanks.


+1. I love how Penn is clear about when decisions will start coming out, and when they will stop coming out. Saves a hell of a lot of time being neurotic about this stuff.

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby TLSNYC » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
hellome wrote:pennlawschool tweet:

JD Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through Dec. 22. More info: --LinkRemoved-- #admissions

the site says:

J.D. PROGRAM INSIGHT OF THE WEEK

As per our rolling admissions process, Early Decision candidates will begin to receive decisions starting today and through December 22; Regular Decision candidates will also begin to receive decisions prior to December 22. It is our policy that every application is read by at least two members of the Admissions Committee – often times more than two. We appreciate your patience.


Good stuff, thanks.


+1. I love how Penn is clear about when decisions will start coming out, and when they will stop coming out. Saves a hell of a lot of time being neurotic about this stuff.


+1. I wish other schools would follow their lead on this...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”