Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby daisyduke » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:How does Penn normally deliver decisions? They're not another "DECISION RENDERED!" Please wait 5 days for the USPS to deliver your ding letter! are they? =/


Phone calls

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 pm

daisyduke wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:How does Penn normally deliver decisions? They're not another "DECISION RENDERED!" Please wait 5 days for the USPS to deliver your ding letter! are they? =/


Phone calls



plus your status checker will change to "Offer of Admission,' or something like that. Can't remember exactly.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby justadude55 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm

bmore wrote:Been UCR since 12/14 LSAT above 75% GPA close to 75%

Hey man, would you be interested in tutoring the LSAT part time for $30/hour (all sessions are 2 hours so it would be $60 whenever you leave the house)? A boutique tutoring company that I work for is hiring. It is relatively quick and easy money, and gives you an opportunity to help people.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:How does Penn normally deliver decisions? They're not another "DECISION RENDERED!" Please wait 5 days for the USPS to deliver your ding letter! are they? =/


Dings were by status checker last year I think.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:02 pm

bdubs wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:How does Penn normally deliver decisions? They're not another "DECISION RENDERED!" Please wait 5 days for the USPS to deliver your ding letter! are they? =/


Dings were by status checker last year I think.


Thanks - I'm a very weak candidate with my only good spot being my LSDAS GPA is over 4, so this is probably the best reply for me (a phone call just isn't going to happen).

Much appreciated!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
bdubs wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:How does Penn normally deliver decisions? They're not another "DECISION RENDERED!" Please wait 5 days for the USPS to deliver your ding letter! are they? =/


Dings were by status checker last year I think.


Thanks - I'm a very weak candidate with my only good spot being my LSDAS GPA is over 4, so this is probably the best reply for me (a phone call just isn't going to happen).

Much appreciated!


Waitlist by email and checker at about the same time last year (I got checked email after checking the status checker). The "offer of admission" didn't happen until the day after getting the phone call for me.

Good luck! It would be sweet if you get in, I am rooting for you!

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Shooter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Does anyone think they might make some phone calls tomorrow?

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby 123xalady » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:20 pm

so tomorrow's the day? :shock:

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Shooter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

123xalady wrote:so tomorrow's the day? :shock:


I dunno, but I really hope so... I'm a 1/3er so I'm feeling good, but I know that no one is ever safe when it comes to Penn.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Shooter wrote:
123xalady wrote:so tomorrow's the day? :shock:


I dunno, but I really hope so... I'm a 1/3er so I'm feeling good, but I know that no one is ever safe when it comes to Penn.


Should I feel good about being a 1/3er? If I got into Penn tomorrow it would seriously make my weekend.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby DaveBear07 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm totally not ready for tomorrow to be the day. I was thinking next week. But the website says no decisions prior. So that doesn't rule out tomorrow... ugh.

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Shooter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
Shooter wrote:
123xalady wrote:so tomorrow's the day? :shock:


I dunno, but I really hope so... I'm a 1/3er so I'm feeling good, but I know that no one is ever safe when it comes to Penn.


Should I feel good about being a 1/3er? If I got into Penn tomorrow it would seriously make my weekend.


Yeah, I think the general consensus is 1/3 = good company.

And, yeah. An acceptance tomorrow would seriously make my weekend as well.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Shooter wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
Shooter wrote:
123xalady wrote:so tomorrow's the day? :shock:


I dunno, but I really hope so... I'm a 1/3er so I'm feeling good, but I know that no one is ever safe when it comes to Penn.


Should I feel good about being a 1/3er? If I got into Penn tomorrow it would seriously make my weekend.


Yeah, I think the general consensus is 1/3 = good company.

And, yeah. An acceptance tomorrow would seriously make my weekend as well.


I hope 1/3 is good to go! I am pretty sure that is my 2nd UCR date, and FWIW I'm just above both 75ths...

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Shooter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 pm

@ TheStig

Yo dog, I follow you on LSN. (I think we have similar numbers so I live vicariously through your cycle - hope you don't mind)

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby wiseguy33 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 pm

So 1/3 = auto-admit and 12/23 = probable admit?

Just going by profile stats and LSP.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:56 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:So 1/3 = auto-admit and 12/23 = probable admit?

Just going by profile stats and LSP.


lol, I had both dates! Now I'm really curious about my fate.

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby re-applicant » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Is anyone else still UCR 12/3?

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby wiseguy33 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:So 1/3 = auto-admit and 12/23 = probable admit?

Just going by profile stats and LSP.


lol, I had both dates! Now I'm really curious about my fate.


I mean latest date of 12/23 vs. latest date of 1/3. Seems like many of us are in one of those camps.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Shooter wrote:@ TheStig

Yo dog, I follow you on LSN. (I think we have similar numbers so I live vicariously through your cycle - hope you don't mind)


hahahahahaha numbers twins ftw!

also, i just did a quick look through the thread and there was (at least) one person whose second UCR date was within a week of their friday acceptance...so hopefully tomorrow is the day?

I mean
http://www.law.upenn.edu/prospective/ wrote:no decisions will be released prior to January 7

means Jan 7 is possible right?

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:15 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:So 1/3 = auto-admit and 12/23 = probable admit?

Just going by profile stats and LSP.


lol, I had both dates! Now I'm really curious about my fate.


I mean latest date of 12/23 vs. latest date of 1/3. Seems like many of us are in one of those camps.


I know, i just thought it was funny that I went UCR1 12/23 and then UCR2 1/3. I didn't see others with those dates, so they probably put me into review the 23rd, but didn't get to me before they took off for break, so they re-UCR1'ed me. totally understandable Penn, just include me in an admit wave :D

syezzie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby syezzie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:21 pm

re-applicant wrote:Is anyone else still UCR 12/3?


Me! What does it mean....?

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby NZA » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:44 pm

syezzie wrote:
re-applicant wrote:Is anyone else still UCR 12/3?


Me! What does it mean....?


Image

:P

But in seriousness, I would like to know the answer to this, as well. The status updates for U Penn are confusing to simple old me.

User avatar
Swanky
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Swanky » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

NZA wrote:
syezzie wrote:
re-applicant wrote:Is anyone else still UCR 12/3?


Me! What does it mean....?


Image

:P

But in seriousness, I would like to know the answer to this, as well. The status updates for U Penn are confusing to simple old me.


That image is hilarious. Thank you.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 pm

What does 1/5 mean!!!! Ahhhhh!!

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Penn 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Checking in joining the UCR2 1/3 club. Crossing my fingers tomorrow will be it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], genjustice, Lmorina126, mm2368, TudoBem and 13 guests