Penn 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HeavenWood

Re: Penn 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Penn is officially the only school I have not gone UCR at
:(
Maybe they know I love them a lot and will wait... not fair.

With your numbers and URM status, they may YP you.

jjpp

Postby jjpp » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
loptimist wrote:
achilles wrote:ah i'm so sorry loptimist! i know i would have screwed up a phone interview too. hopefully you'll hear back before april. i'll PM you my five year/why penn essay

it was my first time doing a phone interview ever.. whoa. damn.
that 5 year plan was very good. thank you..

wish i had a friend like yours.

how did you end up with a phone interview?

Penn is officially the only school I have not gone UCR at

I'll chime in since I had a phone interview as well. I was asked via email for my availability to talk to Dean Post, got her call later that afternoon, and was given the good news a couple days later. I assume I was asked to interview on account of my splitter stats.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 pm

jjpp wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
loptimist wrote:
achilles wrote:ah i'm so sorry loptimist! i know i would have screwed up a phone interview too. hopefully you'll hear back before april. i'll PM you my five year/why penn essay

I'll chime in since I had a phone interview as well. I was asked via email for my availability to talk to Dean Post, got her call later that afternoon, and was given the good news a couple days later. I assume I was asked to interview on account of my splitter stats.

1. Congrats!!
2. How long after you went UCR did you get the call? Was it only one UCR for you?
3. Was what she asked you about related to your grades?

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 am

so it seems like no RD waitlists/dings today, correct? Maybe they are all done with them for the week for ppl under review already and everyone waiting to hear back is an admit! Seems plausible!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 am

ilovemulch wrote:so it seems like no RD waitlists/dings today, correct? Maybe they are all done with them for the week for ppl under review already and everyone waiting to hear back is an admit! Seems plausible!

Thanks for your vote of confidence!!! I REALLY want that to be true, but it scares me that someone else with my first UCR date updated today while a bunch of us were left behind. I'm going to be an optimist here and say that he's so solid that they were able to decide on him really quickly, but they're going to look over the rest of us first thing tomorrow morning just to make sure that everyone's on board with taking us! Let's go 12/14s!!!!!! :D

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:16 am

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 am

DaveBear07 wrote:Have there been any WL/R e-mails sent out yet? All quiet here. For now....

Dinged via email on 12/20. Not a surprise. Maybe I shouldn't have used so much profanity in my PS? Who knows?

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am

law_monkey wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:so it seems like no RD waitlists/dings today, correct? Maybe they are all done with them for the week for ppl under review already and everyone waiting to hear back is an admit! Seems plausible!

Thanks for your vote of confidence!!! I REALLY want that to be true, but it scares me that someone else with my first UCR date updated today while a bunch of us were left behind. I'm going to be an optimist here and say that he's so solid that they were able to decide on him really quickly, but they're going to look over the rest of us first thing tomorrow morning just to make sure that everyone's on board with taking us! Let's go 12/14s!!!!!! :D

yes and I would say with NYU under your belt, you shouldn't have to worry about Penn wanting you as well! (unless it's YP!)

jjpp

Postby jjpp » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
1. Congrats!!
2. How long after you went UCR did you get the call? Was it only one UCR for you?

Thanks very much! To be honest, I don't remember my UCR dates, though I know I had two. As for her questions, I was asked about how I saw myself getting involved in the community, to elaborate on a few thoughts from my personal statement, and to articulate the ways in which I have changed during my somewhat unusual academic career (dismal grades from a CC to graduating with honors from a top UG over a span of eight or so years).

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am

seancooksey07 wrote:

QFOptimism

QF?

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

jjpp wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
1. Congrats!!

Thanks very much! To be honest, I don't remember my UCR dates, though I know I had two. As for her questions, I was asked about how I saw myself getting involved in the community, to elaborate on a few thoughts from my personal statement, and to articulate the ways in which I have changed during my somewhat unusual academic career (dismal grades from a CC to graduating with honors from a top UG over a span of eight or so years).

wow.. okay you're definitely a special app person then.
Congrats on ALL of that!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

Quoted For

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 am

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:39 am

seancooksey07 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:

QFOptimism

QF?

Quoted for. A variation on QFT: quoted for truth.

A sign of my appreciation for your support for those of us still in the updated UCR waiting room :)

awww of course..I definitely know how this feels...it's like me and my NYU craziness..been UR almost a month....LET ME IN! ok sorry for that. Penn is awesome but I have no doubt that everyone in here waiting to hear is going to go to an amazing school.

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 am

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:27 am

seancooksey07 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:

A sign of my appreciation for your support for those of us still in the updated UCR waiting room :)

awww of course..I definitely know how this feels...it's like me and my NYU craziness..been UR almost a month....LET ME IN! ok sorry for that. Penn is awesome but I have no doubt that everyone in here waiting to hear is going to go to an amazing school.

Ha yeah, being in the NYU thread for that week as the initial decision letter craziness unfolded was quite a site. I was happy to get my purple envelope, though just a quick look at craigslist apartment listings in the village is enough to give second thoughts.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but mulch, is your avatar image broken/not loading? Am I the only one who sees it this way? Maybe it's just a side-effect of the slow decaying process of my computer (I'm getting a new one in 3 weeks !!!)

and i thought it was just MY computer, haha. I'll see what I can do to fix this situation, STAT.

achilles

Postby achilles » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 am

ilovemulch wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:

Ha yeah, being in the NYU thread for that week as the initial decision letter craziness unfolded was quite a site. I was happy to get my purple envelope, though just a quick look at craigslist apartment listings in the village is enough to give second thoughts.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but mulch, is your avatar image broken/not loading? Am I the only one who sees it this way? Maybe it's just a side-effect of the slow decaying process of my computer (I'm getting a new one in 3 weeks !!!)

and i thought it was just MY computer, haha. I'll see what I can do to fix this situation, STAT.

ya i see a sad little blue question mark...sort of fitting for the law school admissions process

loptimist

Postby loptimist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 am

jjpp wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
loptimist wrote:

so i guess i am in a worse position than other held people since i had interview with Dean Post as well and she's the one who sent me the deferral letter...
meaning, she didn't like me..

hope additional LOR and Five Year Plan alter her perception of me positively.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:46 am

loptimist wrote:

I'll chime in since I had a phone interview as well. I was asked via email for my availability to talk to Dean Post, got her call later that afternoon, and was given the good news a couple days later. I assume I was asked to interview on account of my splitter stats.[/quote]

so i guess i am in a worse position than other held people since i had interview with Dean Post as well and she's the one who sent me the deferral letter...

hope additional LOR and Five Year Plan alter her perception of me positively.[/quote]

did both RDs and EDs get interviews. Oh and like the comment about the sad blue question mark, true - very fitting! Now I have a brand new one that I love! Probably will sum up my life in LS!

achilles

Postby achilles » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 am

ilovemulch wrote:
did both RDs and EDs get interviews. Oh and like the comment about the sad blue question mark, true - very fitting! Now I have a brand new one that I love! Probably will sum up my life in LS!

new tar looks like she's had a few red bulls. or possibly a 4 loko. but ya, that's definitely how we'll all look around exam time :(

jjpp

Postby jjpp » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:45 am

ilovemulch wrote:
loptimist wrote:

hope additional LOR and Five Year Plan alter her perception of me positively.[/quote]

did both RDs and EDs get interviews. Oh and like the comment about the sad blue question mark, true - very fitting! Now I have a brand new one that I love! Probably will sum up my life in LS![/quote]

I was ED.

hellojd

Postby hellojd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:05 am

Wake up everyone! Today's the day the rest of us hear back!!! :o

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 am

hellojd wrote:Wake up everyone! Today's the day the rest of us hear back!!! :o

haha, thanks for the announcement (again!). yes, let's hear some good news - I'm sick of radio silence or pessimism that I'll be WLed bound (or even a rejection)

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:29 am

anyone else still stuck at 12/15? :evil:

thunderflesh

Postby thunderflesh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am

Still at 12/14, here.

172/3.63

edit- UCR, to be exact.
Last edited by thunderflesh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”