Penn 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shnoop

New

Re: Penn 2011

Post by shnoop » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I just got updated to my second UCR date about 2 weeks after my first UCR date... Does this mean anything????

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 pm

shnoop wrote:I just got updated to my second UCR date about 2 weeks after my first UCR date... Does this mean anything????
That you are one step closer to getting a decision one way or another?

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 pm

UCR 3/22. Here's to a pipe dream.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Okay, I'm looking for unbridled speculation here: What in the world could an UCR1 for a month and a half mean? My PS is only two pages. What is committee number one thinking about? Will committee number 2 have to think through the same issues, or once they get my app those difficulties will be taken care of? Does it make a difference to my chances when the wait is - i.e. before UCR, after UCR1, or after UCR2?

I think my only hope, despite a LOCI and a Penn specific essay, is that they're trying to pool all their assets to offer me a huge-ass scholarship. Otherwise I'm doomed to the waitlist.

onepass

Bronze

Post by onepass » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 am

Updated from in review 3/8 to in review 3/22. I hope a decision comes soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

headease

New

Post by headease » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 pm

how has penn st been notifying you guys?

did you get in via status checker or something else?

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 pm

headease wrote:how has penn st been notifying you guys?

Uh oh

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm

RC fail?

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Troll.

Dammit! why can't the University of Pennsylvania change its name to "Franklin University" or "Quaker University" or something?! Am I really willing to put up with a lifetime of being called "Penn State" while all the Cornell and Duke kids are getting laid at cocktail parties? LOL

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 pm

niederbomb wrote:

Troll.

Dammit! why can't the University of Pennsylvania change its name to "Franklin University" or "Quaker University" or something?! Am I really willing to put up with a lifetime of being called "Penn State" while all the Cornell and Duke kids are getting laid at cocktail parties? LOL
What's a cocktail party? We fight dogs in happy valley, not chickens.

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:24 pm

STUCK AT UCR 2/11!!! Going crazy. My first UCR, too...

Penn is one of my first choices... I wish they would get back to me soon... there is no clear front runner between my current choices...

llamaman

New

Post by llamaman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

jrose5 wrote:STUCK AT UCR 2/11!!!

+1

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

I've been stuck at first UCR for a few weeks too, although not that long. Makes me wonder what's going on over there...have they given up all their spots or something? Shouldn't they have all gotten all the info they needed about a month ago from the last applicants? Rawr.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this time last year and onwards, almost no acceptances were given out, of those who posted their cycles on LSN... :( Hate to be pessimistic, but I'm being realistic here.

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 pm

jrose5 wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this time last year and onwards, almost no acceptances were given out, of those who posted their cycles on LSN... :( Hate to be pessimistic, but I'm being realistic here.
Denial: :?:

Anger: :evil:

Bargaining: :|

Depression: :cry:

Acceptance: file not found

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:31 pm

jrose5 wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this time last year and onwards, almost no acceptances were given out, of those who posted their cycles on LSN... :( Hate to be pessimistic, but I'm being realistic here.
Tough to compare this year to last year with a 10-20% drop in applications. I think we might see that schools under-projected.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

I still don't buy that as it would imply that they barely accepted anyone who applied after the December LSAT's came out. Also, why would they have sent out fee waivers AFTER the deadline if they had enough applicants? I mean I guess just to boost their numbers, but that would be a REALLY cynical move if they knew they already had enough people to fill their class...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 pm

chasgoose wrote:
I still don't buy that as it would imply that they barely accepted anyone who applied after the December LSAT's came out. Also, why would they have sent out fee waivers AFTER the deadline if they had enough applicants? I mean I guess just to boost their numbers, but that would be a REALLY cynical move if they knew they already had enough people to fill their class...
That's what some other applicants have speculated.

But you guys are right, the significant drop in applicants may make this cycle different. I want to believe it, too! And well, it's also possible that because schools were overenrolled last year, they are being more cautious about handing out acceptances and holding onto more apps till later in the cycle. It would make sense to hang onto some apps and to render decisions on them as some admitted students withdraw towards the end of the cycle.

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 pm

jrose5 wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

But you guys are right, the significant drop in applicants may make this cycle different. I want to believe it, too! And well, it's also possible that because schools were overenrolled last year, they are being more cautious about handing out acceptances and holding onto more apps till later in the cycle. It would make sense to hang onto some apps and to render decisions on them as some admitted students withdraw towards the end of the cycle.
Yes. UVA basically said that word for word in their WL email.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:57 pm

snichols16 wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

Yes. UVA basically said that word for word in their WL email.
+1

Any late applicants still hold hope? Went UCR 3/8.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm

niederbomb wrote:

Troll.

LOL. Think of the poor Chicago kids. They don't even have Ivy status. I think they toyed with going to Rockefeller U in the 19th century but now they're UIC-doomed forever. (Penn State>UIC)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zabini

Bronze

Post by Zabini » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote: +1

Any late applicants still hold hope? Went UCR 3/8.
I also have got the hope and the 3/8 UCR date.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 am

I *should* be an auto-ding, but I got the fee wavier, so I'm not holding out too much hope; I am later than everyone else here with my first UCR 3/22.

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Borderline applicant stuck at first UCR of 2/11.. maybe time for LOCI?

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:56 am

So, Penn - you gotanother wave of acceptances inya?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”