BU 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 am

JenDarby wrote:
dreakol wrote:How many of you sent the certification letter found on the LSAC website after you applied online?

certification letter? I keep running into people mentioning these in various threads. I sent nothing to anyone. I believe BU only requires a certification if attending, but I have no clue what you're referring to.

Certification from the Dean is only required for two schools to APPLY: Yale, Stanford.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 am

neonx wrote:Certification from the Dean is only required for two schools to APPLY: Yale, Stanford.

unless you're a trouble maker that is :wink: add in at least USC and Cornell

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 am

JenDarby wrote:
neonx wrote:Certification from the Dean is only required for two schools to APPLY: Yale, Stanford.

unless you're a trouble maker that is :wink: add in at least USC and Cornell

This year BYU started requiring all applicants to do a dean's cert as well. I applied to USC and didn't do a certification. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 am

I applied to USC and did not do a Dean's Cert also.

I also received a ding from them last week soooo maybe they didn't like it very much.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 am

I think people are missing the unless you're a trouble maker portion of my post. USC and Cornell require them if you had any disciplinary or academic issues in UG.

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:37 am

JenDarby wrote:I think people are missing the unless you're a trouble maker portion of my post. USC and Cornell require them if you had any disciplinary or academic issues in UG.

Oo, I thought they were two separate thoughts. Sometimes I confuse smilies with periods, ha

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 am

sabenser wrote:
JenDarby wrote:I think people are missing the unless you're a trouble maker portion of my post. USC and Cornell require them if you had any disciplinary or academic issues in UG.

Oo, I thought they were two separate thoughts. Sometimes I confuse smilies with periods, ha

I also did this.

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I applied to USC and did not do a Dean's Cert also.

I also received a ding from them last week soooo maybe they didn't like it very much.

I got my ding today. Thanks BU...

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 am

JenDarby wrote:
dreakol wrote:How many of you sent the certification letter found on the LSAC website after you applied online?

certification letter? I keep running into people mentioning these in various threads. I sent nothing to anyone. I believe BU only requires a certification if attending, but I have no clue what you're referring to.

This poster was talking about the certification when submitting your application from the LSAC site that you can sign and mail in. Most schools also accept your submission via LSAC as an electronic signature, but for a couple schools (such as BC), you could or were required to mail an actual piece of paper with your signature if you were applying with a fee waiver or some other reason. I did not submit a paper certification for BU, but I did for BC. See below:

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by BlakcMajikc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 am

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

I'm sorry, my fellow Gaga fan! Did you get it right after you sent the status request?

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:15 am

Gemini wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

I'm sorry, my fellow Gaga fan! Did you get it right after you sent the status request?

no, ironically, I got home from work and it was in the snailbox
Then I got online and they had emailed me saying the DF had been sent last Friday 1/21

:x

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 am

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
Gemini wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

no, ironically, I got home from work and it was in the snailbox
Then I got online and they had emailed me saying the DF had been sent last Friday 1/21

:x

sorry :( that sucks.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:26 am

What blakc is showing was what I was talking about.

If you look at you application on LSAC, there is a link for that type of letter for BU. Every school that has had that, I have been WL'd at. I'm hoping that wasn't the reason.

chihuahua12

Postby chihuahua12 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 am

Anyone else complete since 10/1 and hasn't heard anything?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 am

Gemini wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:Couldn't they have made something up that sounded cooler than the boring automated email? ARG!

You got the email as well?

To those who sent a status email today, am I the ONLY one who got no response?

still no response for me either

elm84dr

Postby elm84dr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

This poster was talking about the certification when submitting your application from the LSAC site that you can sign and mail in. Most schools also accept your submission via LSAC as an electronic signature, but for a couple schools (such as BC), you could or were required to mail an actual piece of paper with your signature if you were applying with a fee waiver or some other reason. I did not submit a paper certification for BU, but I did for BC. See below:

--ImageRemoved--

what the hell is that!!!!!!!!???? I did not fill that out. Was it on the app? How did I go complete with that not turned in? I applied to BC and BU and did not turn in that form. Too late?

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am

chihuahua12 wrote:Anyone else complete since 10/1 and hasn't heard anything?

complete since mid-october and haven't heard. I did the status checker on Monday and they said complete and ready for review still... I find it realllly hard to believe that they haven't looked at our apps at all yet though...

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 am

elm84dr wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

what the hell is that!!!!!!!!???? I did not fill that out. Was it on the app? How did I go complete with that not turned in? I applied to BC and BU and did not turn in that form. Too late?

Relax. I didn't do it, and I've been admitted.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 pm

elm84dr wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

I didn't do one for BU either. I didn't need to, and most people don't need to. If you read what I wrote, it wasn't necessary for BU unless you needed a fee waiver or (according to the certification) additional paper addendum not included in your electronic application. But, this is the certification the other poster was referring to (not Dean's certification).

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

sorry that sucks.

yes, it does. However, the Dean was very kind on paper and stated they were expecting over 7,000 applicants for 220 spots
ouch
Moving back to the East Coast is dimming fast

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:58 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
sorry that sucks.

yes, it does. However, the Dean was very kind on paper and stated they were expecting over 7,000 applicants for 220 spots
ouch

:shock: This does not give me hope. This makes me scared. And sad. And all sorts of bad feelings.

Please take a chance on me, BU!!!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Gemini wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
sorry that sucks.

ouch

:shock: This does not give me hope. This makes me scared. And sad. And all sorts of bad feelings.

Please take a chance on me, BU!!!

220 people who matriculate, not 220 accepted. They're ranked in the 20s so they have to admit far more than 220, trust me.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Gotti wrote:220 people who matriculate, not 220 accepted. They're ranked in the 20s so they have to admit far more than 220, trust me.

ha, yea, they'd have to have a 100% rate of matriculation....

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm

At least they send a rejection letter. That seems more courteous than an email.
Although wasn't there people who got rejected earlier by email? Weird.

Pink

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

So, no calls yet this week? :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”