BU 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:13 pm

HEY BU,
Just wanted to say
'How are you?' and
hope to get a phone call soon!

<3

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

sorry to everyone who got WLed. (2 time WLer here... it blows)

However, for those of us still waiting, some people on LSN who got WLed applied in December, which suggests its a good thing we haven't heard by now.

Maybe? PLEASE BU?!?!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:sorry to everyone who got WLed. (2 time WLer here... it blows)

However, for those of us still waiting, some people on LSN who got WLed applied in December, which suggests its a good thing we haven't heard by now.

Maybe? PLEASE BU?!?!


I KNOW, RIGHT???? I DID notice that. It DOES give me hope. But I don't want that hope because it just sets me up for disappointment. :cry:

User avatar
2011L1
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby 2011L1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Got a waiver 2 weeks ago, waiting to hear back,.... HOLLA BU!

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby maglialoro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goingeast
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby goingeast » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:00 pm

maglialoro wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:sorry to everyone who got WLed. (2 time WLer here... it blows)

However, for those of us still waiting, some people on LSN who got WLed applied in December, which suggests its a good thing we haven't heard by now.

Maybe? PLEASE BU?!?!



All this waiting makes me think that there is something they are waiting for from us! Too good to waitlist, but not good enough to accept?


Or just making sure that they have their class medians locked in already. They probably expect that many good applicants will simply withdraw and go elsewhere if they are placed on the waitlist early.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm

goingeast wrote:Or just making sure that they have their class medians locked in already. They probably expect that many good applicants will simply withdraw and go elsewhere if they are placed on the waitlist early.

NO! I have to irrationally believe I will get into BU. I WILL! I SWEAR!!!!

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 pm

neonx wrote:I got my BU packet today; a handwritten note:
"Thank you for your beautiful stories."
$75,000 scholarship. Smiles all around.


that is wonderful! congrats, you are having a very good cycle. btw...I LOVE your quotes. very inspiring.

sprewell
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby sprewell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

at the risk of repeating a question - did the majority of the people who were accepted receive scholarship information with their acceptance letters? thanks.

whytheface
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby whytheface » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:32 pm

.
Last edited by whytheface on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 pm

whytheface wrote:
sprewell wrote:at the risk of repeating a question - did the majority of the people who were accepted receive scholarship information with their acceptance letters? thanks.


I did not and am above both 75ths.


+1 (well, over one 75th, little below the other)

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I have a 169/3.5 and I haven't heard anything since I first went complete in october. Anyone else with similar numbers in the same situation? I got in last cycle with a 168/3.5 and didn't attend because I didn't want to pay full price (I explained to them I really couldn't afford to attend and would save up some money and reapply), and I heard back way back in the beginning of december.

Could they really be holding not attending against me? I mean I really really wanna go :-/

polinerdemory
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:37 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby polinerdemory » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Would just like to chime in and say I was accepted last week via phone. I actually thought it was BC calling. I had called BC Law earlier that day to ask a question, and it was a 617 number I though, "Oh, wonder why they are calling me back?".

I am beyond excited for BU! Congrats to all who have been accepted already, and best of luck to those who are waiting.

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby HappyinDC » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 pm

I got a phone call last Tuesday too and received my packet on Sunday. Handwritten note "I am confident you will become a powerful advocate for others like *****." Complete with a 75K scholarship! So happy!

I was a 167/3.25 so I am confident the admissions committee is actually making decisions based not only on numbers (which is awesome considering how everyone on this forum seems to think only numbers matter.)

Good luck, everyone!

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby HappyinDC » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:25 pm

neonx wrote:I got my BU packet today; a handwritten note:
"Thank you for your beautiful stories."
$75,000 scholarship. Smiles all around.


I had a hand written note, too. Really touching and makes me happy they are paying attention....

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
neonx wrote:I got my BU packet today; a handwritten note:
"Thank you for your beautiful stories."
$75,000 scholarship. Smiles all around.


that is wonderful! congrats, you are having a very good cycle. btw...I LOVE your quotes. very inspiring.



Thanks! I've been on an e.e. cummngs & Friends marathon/binge since I submitted all my apps. =)

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby law4vus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 pm

HappyinDC wrote:I got a phone call last Tuesday too and received my packet on Sunday. Handwritten note "I am confident you will become a powerful advocate for others like *****." Complete with a 75K scholarship! So happy!

I was a 167/3.25 so I am confident the admissions committee is actually making decisions based not only on numbers (which is awesome considering how everyone on this forum seems to think only numbers matter.)

Good luck, everyone!


You're giving me hope. I have a 3.3, 167. Please let me have the same result!

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Hand-written notes just make my day. That and large amount of money.

User avatar
iknownothing
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby iknownothing » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Trustbuster wrote:Hand-written notes just make my day. That and large amount of money.


So long as I have that^ I wouldn't mind if the note was written by someone's foot. :P

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby modmx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 pm

sorry to keep asking the same question but I can't seem to get an answer. I was admitted and received no notice of scholarships with my letter. People with similar numbers have been getting 75k?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I think most/all(?) applicants who receive notice in late January get any potential scholly info in the same admit package.

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby modmx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Nothing here. Unless I'm just not seeing it

Just have a broad letter about funding an education at BU

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

SilverE2 wrote:I have a 169/3.5 and I haven't heard anything since I first went complete in october. Anyone else with similar numbers in the same situation? I got in last cycle with a 168/3.5 and didn't attend because I didn't want to pay full price (I explained to them I really couldn't afford to attend and would save up some money and reapply), and I heard back way back in the beginning of december.

Could they really be holding not attending against me? I mean I really really wanna go :-/


No idea. :( If it makes you feel better, I've been waiting since November.

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby lawgrl21 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 am

I've been complete since mid- October and filled out a request for application status today. Their response basically was your application is complete and ready for review, but has not been reviewed yet. Is it just me or does BU's system make very little sense?

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

lawgrl21 wrote:I've been complete since mid- October and filled out a request for application status today. Their response basically was your application is complete and ready for review, but has not been reviewed yet. Is it just me or does BU's system make very little sense?


From what I can tell, I doubt it's you.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], malysh, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests