BU 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby IsleMet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 pm

I agree with the above post...And would like to add that we greatly appreciate the info :-)

I went complete on 11/22 and have not heard a peep since. 166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters/Excellent rec's...I'm thinking I should have better than a 50% shot at admission, no? BU Alum too.

Call me BU! :-)

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 pm

especially complete date would be helpful! :)

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 pm

In via phone call! Complete Sept 28 (3.8/172)

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 pm

In via phonecall. Complete some time in mid november. Stats in profile. Anyone know when scholly info comes out?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 pm

IsleMet wrote:I agree with the above post...And would like to add that we greatly appreciate the info :-)

I went complete on 11/22 and have not heard a peep since. 166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters/Excellent rec's...I'm thinking I should have better than a 50% shot at admission, no? BU Alum too.

Call me BU! :-)


That's worth about 10-15k per year.

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby RPK34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Judging by the dates of people accepted, I'm becoming more convinced that BU just has a bunch of names on the wall, written on sticky notes, and they bring a blind guy in to throw a dart at a name. If it hits your name, you get a call.

It's the only reasonable explanation that makes sense.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby IsleMet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Cupidity wrote:
IsleMet wrote:I agree with the above post...And would like to add that we greatly appreciate the info :-)

I went complete on 11/22 and have not heard a peep since. 166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters/Excellent rec's...I'm thinking I should have better than a 50% shot at admission, no? BU Alum too.

Call me BU! :-)


That's worth about 10-15k per year.



I sure hope so! I mean, I'm willing to throw more money at BU, they should let me in :-)

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Stop stalking me on this thread brian.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby forward » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm

In via phonecall.

3.90/Above 75

Sent 10/31, Complete 11/8

Good luck all!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

YAY FWD!!

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby lawgrl21 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Does BU call everyone who is accepted throughout the entire cycle? It seems like that would take a realllly long time...

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Congrats, everybody! Now why won't they call meeeee? :(

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:Does BU call everyone who is accepted throughout the entire cycle? It seems like that would take a realllly long time...


I know UVA does it too. It might take awhile, but it's probably pretty nice/fun for the admissions people to give the good news themselves and hear the excited responses/squeals :)

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:21 pm

xtine wrote:
lawgrl21 wrote:Does BU call everyone who is accepted throughout the entire cycle? It seems like that would take a realllly long time...


I know UVA does it too. It might take awhile, but it's probably pretty nice/fun for the admissions people to give the good news themselves and hear the excited responses/squeals :)


Lol, I don't know about squealing, but I will definitely project some enthusiasm. ;)

...assuming they call me, of course.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:27 pm

I would scream in joy.

Pllllease BU, please call me!

It seems people who have gone complete mid November have begun receiving acceptances. I also went complete mid November but no phone call. I only hope they're simply taking a bit long with me due to my shitty LSAT score and not deciding to WL/reject me. :cry:

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:I would scream in joy.

Pllllease BU, please call me!

It seems people who have gone complete mid November have begun receiving acceptances. I also went complete mid November but no phone call. I only hope they're simply taking a bit long with me due to my shitty LSAT score and not deciding to WL/reject me. :cry:


TLS stats show people in your GPA/LSAT range getting accepted! :) I'm sure you'll have no troubles.

I hate being on the Left Coast...it's only 1:30 but I know my chances of getting a call today have evaporated. Damn.

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Just got a call from "Unknown". I don't normally pick up my phone at work, but seeing from this thread that BU is calling people I was like !!!! and ran out to the hall to answer it. It was 1800-Contact calling about my recent order. ARG!!! :evil:

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 pm

NZA wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:I would scream in joy.

Pllllease BU, please call me!

It seems people who have gone complete mid November have begun receiving acceptances. I also went complete mid November but no phone call. I only hope they're simply taking a bit long with me due to my shitty LSAT score and not deciding to WL/reject me. :cry:


TLS stats show people in your GPA/LSAT range getting accepted! :) I'm sure you'll have no troubles.

I hate being on the Left Coast...it's only 1:30 but I know my chances of getting a call today have evaporated. Damn.


NZA, your stats are so awesome, you don't even need to worry. I actually have a 164, not 163. Still, the TLS stats are highly unrepresentative. Even more so than LSP, which is really really optimistic.

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby zeke18 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 pm

In via phone call, complete 11/15.

Kaitlyn
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Kaitlyn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 pm

In via phone just now. Was completely caught off guard. Complete mid-November.

maritimus
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby maritimus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm

In at 5 PM EST. 167 / 3.7ish. Complete 11/17.

SortOfObsessed
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby SortOfObsessed » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:51 pm

In via voicemail at 4:43 PM. 167/3.7 Complete 11/9/10.

Should have had my phone on me, I knew from stalking this thread that BU was doing calls.

Congrats to everyone so far and I hope to see you at an ASW! :)

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby spacepenguin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:51 pm

really dumb question, but the phone call won't register as 'unknown' will it?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby arism87 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm

spacepenguin wrote:really dumb question, but the phone call won't register as 'unknown' will it?


Mine was a 617 area code

skippy1
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby skippy1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 pm

I think I read in one of the BU interviews that they don't decide on apps in the order that they come in. Some (less than median I suppose) are set aside until more apps come in. I think based on recent numbers of the accepted apps, that perhaps they're first focusing on getting their median numbers set in stone before going on to less stellar apps. Who knows? Sigh.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BodieBroadus, brinicolec, pandaaa and 13 guests