BU 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby dreakol » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:47 pm

WL'd

3.67 169

User avatar
njn3
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:08 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby njn3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm

just WLed by email...
looks unlikely that i'll move off the list, but I was a bit surprised to make it on, so I'll see what happens...

good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
SRQmarie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby SRQmarie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Waitlisted via email earlier this afternoon. 163, 3.92, OOS, working 15+ years, submitted late Nov. This was a reach school for me, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised I was waitlisted instead of flat-out rejected. Pretty sure I'll be going to school here in FL anyway.

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby ElvisAaron » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Man, LSP had me at >95% admit. My WL makes me feel like a turkey for the first time in my cycle.

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 pm

SRQmarie wrote:Waitlisted via email earlier this afternoon. 163, 3.92, OOS, working 15+ years, submitted late Nov. This was a reach school for me, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised I was waitlisted instead of flat-out rejected. Pretty sure I'll be going to school here in FL anyway.

WEIRDD I have your #s basically. Shit, I seriously can't believe the #s that BU is WLing.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby jwmalone87 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Have they filled their allotted number of acceptances or something? WTF is going on

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby rman1201 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.


lol.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Same here... WL email this afternoon. Still glowing from my surprise BC acceptance, so no hard feelings BU.

curly3426
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby curly3426 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Same here... WL email this afternoon. Still glowing from my surprise BC acceptance, so no hard feelings BU.



Numbers?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.


Image

sorry...i had to. wasn't trying to be mean. just funny ;)

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.

lol :roll:

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby law4vus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

dreakol wrote:WL'd

3.67 169


Ugh, are you kidding me? How the hell is my 3.3 167 gonna get me off the WL when I have to compete with numbers like that?

Meh. Emory it is! lol

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Waitlisted. 169/3.5. And I actually really want(ed) to go there.

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Gotti wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.


Image

sorry...i had to. wasn't trying to be mean. just funny ;)


Haha. I'm not mad, I just hate waitlist e-mails, it sounds like you're getting dumped. "We don't want to do anything right now, but we can keep in contact, and down the road...who knows?"

User avatar
harrijust86
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby harrijust86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Waitlisted. 169/3.5. And I actually really want(ed) to go there.


Today was a crushing blow to just about everyone that hopes to go to BU. It seems that even those with the numbers are getting WL, which can only mean the class is full. Sucks to be me, not even reviewed yet awaiting the inevitable ding


Edit: it is as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
Last edited by harrijust86 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby rman1201 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:14 pm

It's a waitlist massacre today (and the first weekday since the 241st anniversary of the Boston Massacre... coincidence or intentional?)

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm

curly3426 wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Same here... WL email this afternoon. Still glowing from my surprise BC acceptance, so no hard feelings BU.



Numbers?


171/3.3 still in UG

Eagles_Legendz
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, I went in to today thinking I had a 20% chance of getting outright accepted, 50% chance of a WL, and 30% of being denied.

After today, I've revised those expectations. 3% acceptance, 37% WL, 60% Deny, and I might be giving myself too great a chance.

dcgirl9
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby dcgirl9 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 pm

dinged via snail mail today. 165/3.3 so I guess I shouldn't be surprised...real bummer though, guess I won't end up in Boston!

lmtt
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby lmtt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm

I know they are reducing class size this year. Maybe that explains some of the strange WL/Rejects.

User avatar
daniel5126
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby daniel5126 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Waitlisted. Too bad I already decided on BC, which will be higher-ranked than BU in a few years again and is MUCH higher ranked as a university in general.


--ImageRemoved--

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:11 pm

BC sucks.

User avatar
harrijust86
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby harrijust86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 pm

FiveSermon wrote:BC sucks.


DELETED

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby RPK34 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Waitlisted. 166/3.75. Sucks to be waitlisted, but was leaning elsewhere anyways.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”