BU 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StanDarsh
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby StanDarsh » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Whats the verdict on the WL at BU? Death sentence or just life in prison?

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby BBeauty » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 pm

boozehound wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Just got waitlist by email. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

same here, but I'm stickin' around. I'm not sad....I was an auto-reject based on LSP.

+1

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby BBeauty » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 pm

StanDarsh wrote:Whats the verdict on the WL at BU? Death sentence or just life in prison?


I would like to know this too

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby LttleBlakDress » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 pm

boozehound wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Just got waitlist by email. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

same here, but I'm stickin' around. I'm not sad....I was an auto-reject based on LSP.


I'm just super jealous you've got Hastings. Good luck with your WL!

User avatar
boozehound
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby boozehound » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
boozehound wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Just got waitlist by email. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

same here, but I'm stickin' around. I'm not sad....I was an auto-reject based on LSP.


I'm just super jealous you've got Hastings. Good luck with your WL!

I'll trade you my Hastings for your GW. Good luck to you too.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2620
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Just got waitlist by email. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!


Sorry to hear that :/.

Go GW! And WUSTL ofc.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm

When did you guys go complete?

Passed another round of WL's *wipes sweat off forehead*

JKill01
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby JKill01 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 pm

WL by e-mail too. Complete end of Nov/beginning of Dec. Good luck everyone.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby LttleBlakDress » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 pm

boozehound wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:
boozehound wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Just got waitlist by email. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

same here, but I'm stickin' around. I'm not sad....I was an auto-reject based on LSP.


I'm just super jealous you've got Hastings. Good luck with your WL!

I'll trade you my Hastings for your GW. Good luck to you too.


If we could make that trade I'd be done with my cycle.... Oh well...

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby BBeauty » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Gemini wrote:When did you guys go complete?

Passed another round of WL's *wipes sweat off forehead*


I went complete 1/25

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:47 am

BBeauty wrote:
Gemini wrote:When did you guys go complete?

Passed another round of WL's *wipes sweat off forehead*


I went complete 1/25


Complete 1/25 and already WLed? :shock: Thats fast.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 am

JJDancer wrote:Just asked for a status check.
Complete 1/4

Let's see if I'm even under review..

Yup...2.5 months at complete. Lol.
Oh, BU. You are only less than Cornell in my book.

Maybe you know that I will withdraw? --> sorry everyone who really wants BU; I'm just being snarky.

User avatar
yepyep
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby yepyep » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm

JJDancer wrote:
JJDancer wrote:Just asked for a status check.
Complete 1/4

Let's see if I'm even under review..

Yup...2.5 months at complete. Lol.
Oh, BU. You are only less than Cornell in my book.

Maybe you know that I will withdraw? --> sorry everyone who really wants BU; I'm just being snarky.


complete since 11/5

ballpop
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby ballpop » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 pm

WL
3.5/166 retake
Unhappy---BU was my top choice (except for if I out of nowhere got into Cornell or Vanderbilt---though I am sure I'd hate Ithaca)

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:51 pm

WL will likely be a death sentence b/c we are cutting class size.

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby BBeauty » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Gemini wrote:
BBeauty wrote:
Gemini wrote:When did you guys go complete?

Passed another round of WL's *wipes sweat off forehead*


I went complete 1/25


Complete 1/25 and already WLed? :shock: Thats fast.

I know, I thought that was weird too. I was expecting a rejection so ill take it lol. Time to start working on my LOCI.

ballpop
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby ballpop » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Cupidity wrote:WL will likely be a death sentence b/c we are cutting class size.


There is a serious gap in logic there. They could be sending out less acceptances. That being said, I consider any WL a rejection in general

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby PomasThynchon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Anyone have any idea on the odds of BU matching/coming close to a GW scholarship?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

BU matched my GWU $

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13317
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 pm

BU was originally one of my top choice. I find myself forgetting I even applied at this point. Complete since 11/23.

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby 2011Law » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:51 pm

JenDarby wrote:BU was originally one of my top choice. I find myself forgetting I even applied at this point. Complete since 11/23.


What's your top choice now?

meryl
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby meryl » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:Travel stipend of $200 via email. The email stated that I am among a "select group" to receive such. Hopefully that doesn't mean a select group that didn't quite make the scholly cut, but who knows. Anybody else get this?


I have not gotten the email but it says on the admitted students website:

"Travel Stipends

Boston University School of Law's travel stipend program will reimburse up to $200 for transportation costs incurred to attend a scheduled Preview Day. The program is for those Preview Day attendees traveling over 300 miles and can only be applied toward travel, not food or lodging. BU Law will reimburse you by mailed check upon presentation of ticket receipts. Please note that the number of stipends is limited. To request a travel stipend, please register for a Preview Day and email chrisc@bu.edu with your request and expected travel expenses.
"

So it looks like the stipend is for all admits not just selected ones.

User avatar
East Coast Law
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby East Coast Law » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Did BU send out acceptance emails? I only received a phone call which said the admission package was in the mail...

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

East Coast Law wrote:Did BU send out acceptance emails? I only received a phone call which said the admission package was in the mail...


It seems like they send acceptance emails only if you're overseas.

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Postby ash8309 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Waitlisted on Friday. Will send LOCI and do some other stuff. Would be interested to hear from anyone with insight on the BU waitlist game.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, arthrod, bellaboo, BodieBroadus, carlos_danger, chasima, Google Adsense [Bot], jprath2, jtn123, Kopetz, NotAGolfer, notausername, sec_undergrad, StopLawying, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., ThorB, Tomthecat and 39 guests