BU 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
luckyme

Bronze

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Post by luckyme » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

boozehound wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Half-day snow day. Don't expect calls until the afternoon.
I don't expect a call today; unfortunately my reason has nothing to do with snow (167/3.0).
lol

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:48 am

laurencita7 wrote:Anyone know what the deposit deadline is for BU?
April 15th btw

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I want a call tooooo! Sup krad & Gemini...i feel like we're TLS buddies, esp in the morning haha

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Gotti wrote:Sup krad & Gemini...i feel like we're TLS buddies, esp in the morning haha
YES lol.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 pm

i HATE waiting for decisions :evil:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Gotti wrote:Sup krad & Gemini...i feel like we're TLS buddies, esp in the morning haha
YES lol.
Yuppers!!

Waiting blows. I got into Hastings last night :) so that softens the waiting to know that going back to CA is now officially an option!

I'm thinking I need to start that thread for us to chat...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:12 pm

krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
YES lol.
Yuppers!!

Waiting blows. I got into Hastings last night :) so that softens the waiting to know that going back to CA is now officially an option!

Congrats on Hastings!! I got in too & it was my first acceptance lol. Hopefully there is more where that came from.

& make the thread!!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 pm

krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
YES lol.
Yuppers!!

Yes please! :) Gotti and I are reverse splitters so we can chat there but then that would leave you out so that's not cool.

The only problem with creating a new Off topic thread is how often it can get hijacked by douchebags. :roll:

ETA- Yay, congrats on Hastings!!! I Love SF!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
YES lol.
Yuppers!!

Yes please! :) Gotti and I are reverse splitters so we can chat there but then that would leave you out so that's not cool.

The only problem with creating a new Off topic thread is how often it can get hijacked by douchebags. :roll:
This. Bleh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:15 pm

But I have a thread there already. It's only about funny stuff though, but I wouldn't mind if you guys posted there. ;)

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=144636

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
YES lol.
Yuppers!!

ETA- Yay, congrats on Hastings!!! I Love SF!
true...but i also think we're on TLS enough to keep it on track :lol:

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I jumped in the BRING ON THE FUNNY thread

Gotti congrats on Hastings too! SF would be soo fun, I have so many friends from college there. It'd be mad $$$ though :|

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:21 pm

krad wrote:I jumped in the BRING ON THE FUNNY thread

Gotti congrats on Hastings too! SF would be soo fun, I have so many friends from college there. It'd be mad $$$ though :|
Krad make a new thread called "Girl Talk" or something. Or Gotti, you do it. I start enough threads around here to last me a lifetime. :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Ok, we're done derailing the BU thread, sorry friends! Join our nonsense here http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=145221

ndbrenner

New

Post by ndbrenner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Waitlisted via e-mail just now.

Tinkerz Belle

New

Post by Tinkerz Belle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

ndbrenner wrote:Waitlisted via e-mail just now.
+1 :(

Thinking of withdrawing. I definitely want to practice in NYC and so far ive been accepted to GW & Fordham, which to me, seem like better options. What do you all think? The only way I'd go to Boston would be to follow scholly $$ which obviously wouldn't happen even if I were to get off the WL

Wait it out? or forget about it?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

sorry to hear =(
what are the WL'd people's stats?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

WL via email.

3.0, 167, Hispanic

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Tinkerz Belle wrote:

Thinking of withdrawing. I definitely want to practice in NYC and so far ive been accepted to GW & Fordham, which to me, seem like better options. What do you all think? The only way I'd go to Boston would be to follow scholly $$ which obviously wouldn't happen even if I were to get off the WL

Schollys aren't happening for you at BU, honestly. I'd take GW or Fordham in a heartbeat over BU with or without $...but that's just me. I'd say why waste your time/take up a space for someone else if you know you're not going to end up going, you know?

Tinkerz Belle

New

Post by Tinkerz Belle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Gotti wrote:
sorry to hear =(
what are the WL'd people's stats?
160/ 3.5 /urm, submitted 11/29

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:30 pm

omg scared of my email right now :shock:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Tinkerz Belle

New

Post by Tinkerz Belle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Gotti wrote:
Tinkerz Belle wrote:

Schollys aren't happening for you at BU, honestly. I'd take GW or Fordham in a heartbeat over BU with or without $...but that's just me. I'd say why waste your time/take up a space for someone else if you know you're not going to end up going, you know?
Right. I think I just wanted that confirmation. haha. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

toptwin

New

Post by toptwin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Gotti wrote:
Tinkerz Belle wrote:

In case you change your mind. Also, to have your option at hand. If you have already applied there is no harm in waiting. The worst that is going to happen is you will get rejected or in w/out scholarship. Otherwise, maybe you will get money. No reason in quitting when all you have to do is wait.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:45 pm

toptwin wrote:
Gotti wrote:

In case you change your mind. Also, to have your option at hand. If you have already applied there is no harm in waiting. The worst that is going to happen is you will get rejected or in w/out scholarship. Otherwise, maybe you will get money. No reason in quitting when all you have to do is wait.[/quote]

True but she said the only way she'd go to Boston is to follow $ and that's clearly not happening for her...and if she wants to work in NYC for sure, Fordham or GW > BU despite the disparity in rankings (Fordham will be ranked much higher next year). If she stays on the WL when she KNOWS she's not going, that's one fewer WL space for another person who might get dinged instead of WL'd ...

toptwin

New

Post by toptwin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Gotti wrote:
toptwin wrote:
Gotti wrote:

In case you change your mind. Also, to have your option at hand. If you have already applied there is no harm in waiting. The worst that is going to happen is you will get rejected or in w/out scholarship. Otherwise, maybe you will get money. No reason in quitting when all you have to do is wait.
True but she said the only way she'd go to Boston is to follow $ and that's clearly not happening for her...and if she wants to work in NYC for sure, Fordham or GW > BU despite the disparity in rankings (Fordham will be ranked much higher next year). If she stays on the WL when she KNOWS she's not going, that's one fewer WL space for another person who might get dinged instead of WL'd ...[/quote]

Misread original post, I did not know she was on the Waitlist. Yes you are right

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”