BU 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smartblonde87

Bronze

Re: BU 2011 Applicants

Post by smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 pm

tag

novab

New

Post by novab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:
novab wrote:IN VIA PHONE CALL 1:59 PM

:)

167/3.75
Congratulations! When did you go complete?

Also just glad to see they're calling again. Hope some love is headed my way today too...
I got the complete e-mail from BU on 2/3 :) good luck!

coveyellow

New

Post by coveyellow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Just got in :) Complete 12/1, 170/9.4... maybe that LOCI I sent earlier this week pushed me over the edge.

renegade811

New

Post by renegade811 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Has anybody heard about money yet from BU? I've been in for a while now, but haven't heard squat about scholarship info.

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

coveyellow wrote:Just got in :) Complete 12/1, 170/9.4... maybe that LOCI I sent earlier this week pushed me over the edge.
congrats! did you just get the call now or just see a voicemail?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

coveyellow

New

Post by coveyellow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks. It was a voicemail... looks like they called at 2:37.

derrminater

New

Post by derrminater » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 pm

renegade811 wrote:Has anybody heard about money yet from BU? I've been in for a while now, but haven't heard squat about scholarship info.
I know that they are sending out letters within the next 2 and a half weeks

mango2281

New

Post by mango2281 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:38 pm

IN!!
I'm overseas at the moment, so they were nice enough to send an email (around 2:30pm).
Complete 2/3

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm

In today around 2:30 :)

I'll probably be withdrawing soon so I hope one of you WL-ers can take my spot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

mango2281 wrote:IN!!
I'm overseas at the moment, so they were nice enough to send an email (around 2:30pm).
Complete 2/3

If people who got the complete email on 2/3 are getting in now and I got mine on 1/26, is it safe to say that I'm headed for the WL/going to be rejected?

harrijust86

Bronze

Post by harrijust86 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:In today around 2:30 :)

Just curious. If you knew you were going to withdraw, why not do it already and let that acceptance trickle to the next person faster? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious

AdamAndSteve

Bronze

Post by AdamAndSteve » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 pm

I got in late January and have heard nothing about scholarships. Should I call?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey guys, happy to say that BU landed #1 spot yet again on Princeton Review's list of best law school faculties. While those Princeton Review rankings are a bit questionable, the professor ranking is really no joke. Ask 10 random students here what their favorite thing about the school and my guess is 9 say the faculty. They really are wonderful and I'm so happy to see them get recognition for it. Just figured you guys should know given how integral the professors and classroom experience are to the overall law school experience.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 pm

harrijust86 wrote:

Just curious. If you knew you were going to withdraw, why not do it already and let that acceptance trickle to the next person faster? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious

No one is under any obligation to move any faster than they want to. Plus, there's no guarantee that the admissions committee will move any faster either.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 pm

harrijust86 wrote:

I'm an undergrad at BU...I can't really articulate why but it was important for me to apply and get in. I've also just heard from my top choices in the past week so I haven't had much time to withdraw anyway.

And like I said, I'll probably be withdrawing. BU is still an option for me. I don't think I owe it to anyone to rush my decision so they can get off the WL faster.

Kiwi917

Bronze

Post by Kiwi917 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

derrminater wrote:
renegade811 wrote:Has anybody heard about money yet from BU? I've been in for a while now, but haven't heard squat about scholarship info.
I know that they are sending out letters within the next 2 and a half weeks
I got an offer via snail mail last Thursday or Friday. Hope you hear soon!

harrijust86

Bronze

Post by harrijust86 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:53 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:

I'm an undergrad at BU...I can't really articulate why but it was important for me to apply and get in. I've also just heard from my top choices in the past week so I haven't had much time to withdraw anyway.

And like I said, I'll probably be withdrawing. BU is still an option for me. I don't think I owe it to anyone to rush my decision so they can get off the WL faster.
I didn't say you did. I was merely curious of the logic behind what you said, which you adequately explained in your first three sentences.

As for you, Subtle, you have no part in this. I asked him an honest question based off of a lack of information. He gave me the answer. End of story. You're opinions on people's "obligations" (which were never the topic anyway) are irrelivant.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:

I didn't say you did. I was merely curious of the logic behind what you said, which you adequately explained in your first three sentences.

As for you, Subtle, you have no part in this. I asked him an honest question based off of a lack of information. He gave me the answer. End of story. You're opinions on people's "obligations" (which were never the topic anyway) are irrelivant.
I'm just sick of seeing this thing being posted in places. Like fuck. You'll get in if you're going to. You won't if you won't. Don't ask people to withdraw. Christ.

And I'm reacting because I'm irritated with the people who have been telling/asking me to withdraw from schools. So maybe you didn't aim this directly at me, but you're getting my opinion on it anyway.

And if you really don't want comments from the peanut gallery, don't post on a message board.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Alright, cmon guys, lets keep it cool. As for the WL thing, there is no expedient rush to withdraw unless you know with absolute certainty that you won't be attending a school no matter what. But aside from that, it is probably a good idea of be very patient, think through all options, and really consider everything before withdrawing.

As always, happy to answer any questions anyone has about BU (as best a 1L can do) now that I am finally done with my appellate brief writing assignment.

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 pm

subtle wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote: I'm just sick of seeing this thing being posted in places. Like fuck. You'll get in if you're going to. You won't if you won't. Don't ask people to withdraw. Christ.

And I'm reacting because I'm irritated with the people who have been telling/asking me to withdraw from schools. So maybe you didn't aim this directly at me, but you're getting my opinion on it anyway.

And if you really don't want comments from the peanut gallery, don't post on a message board.
+1.

Let us play our cards with our cycles and you play yours. If you dont like it then retake. Im not even considering withdrawing from BU, this is just a general gripe I have. I'm on the Cornell WL but I dont bitch at them to withdraw - kudos to them for having more impressive numbers than me, they've earned the right to do whatever they want with their acceptances.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 pm

dakatz wrote:Alright, cmon guys, lets keep it cool. As for the WL thing, there is no expedient rush to withdraw unless you know with absolute certainty that you won't be attending a school no matter what. But aside from that, it is probably a good idea of be very patient, think through all options, and really consider everything before withdrawing.

As always, happy to answer any questions anyone has about BU (as best a 1L can do) now that I am finally done with my appellate brief writing assignment.
'Fuck the brief.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 pm

dakatz wrote:Hey guys, happy to say that BU landed #1 spot yet again on Princeton Review's list of best law school faculties. While those Princeton Review rankings are a bit questionable, the professor ranking is really no joke. Ask 10 random students here what their favorite thing about the school and my guess is 9 say the faculty. They really are wonderful and I'm so happy to see them get recognition for it. Just figured you guys should know given how integral the professors and classroom experience are to the overall law school experience.
My answer wouldn't be the faculty.

It would be Daniella Caruso.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Also, I haven't plugged this in a while:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=130751

Current BU students taking Q's thread.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:

I apologize if I got the wrong vibe from you or whatever but (regardless of your "not trying to be rude" disclaimer) I definitely felt that you came off as accusatory and well, rude.

Given that this is a public board I don't see any problem with Subtle choosing to chime in. If you didn't want anyone else to participate in the conversation you should have sent me a private message.

BTW: I'm not a "he." I'm very much a lady. :wink:

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:02 pm

rman1201 wrote: +1.

Let us play our cards with our cycles and you play yours. If you dont like it then retake. Im not even considering withdrawing from BU, this is just a general gripe I have. I'm on the Cornell WL but I dont bitch at them to withdraw - kudos to them for having more impressive numbers than me, they've earned the right to do whatever they want with their acceptances.
Fur real. I'm sitting on the WL at my top two choices right now...if I didn't want to deal with the WL I should have gotten a better LSAT score.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”