Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CyLaw

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby CyLaw » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Congrats to those accepted so far. Good Luck to those still waiting.

As encouragement to those waiting and those now deciding if they will attend, here is a snap shot of my day today at Cornell Law School

9:00 am - Contracts - Prof. Summers, arguably the greatest contract professor ever, gives his last lecture after 50 years of teaching
10:00 am - Study
12:00 pm - Go to lunch, its starts snowing and for the first time this semester sticks to the ground
1:30 pm - Civil Procedure
2:30 pm - Torts
4:00 pm - Go to retirement ceremony for Contracts professor.
6:00 pm - Get free 10 minute chair massage from Lexis Nexis.
Rest of Night - Study

Don't forget about the Cornell 1L Questions thread at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41118

man that rain this morning sucked right!

Shhhhhh. Your only suppose to tell the 0Ls about the good things, not the bad parts.

And yes, I was very confused when it suddenly went from raining-so-hard-that-I-got-soaked-walking-to-Collegetown to winter wonder land.

mths

Postby mths » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Shhhhhh. Your only suppose to tell the 0Ls about the good things, not the bad parts.

And yes, I was very confused when it suddenly went from raining-so-hard-that-I-got-soaked-walking-to-Collegetown to winter wonder land.

I have not left the library before 3am for the last 6 nights

welcome to law school guys, congrats

illwill

Postby illwill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm

peter618 wrote:I submitted 11/2 and am stuck at "Processing" as of 11/5. Everything was ready in the application when I submitted it. What gives?

I emailed them and they said that is normal and that there wasn't any problem with my file. They said it may be January before there is any movement. I'm RD 11/8 Submit with "processing" still.

masson

Postby masson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Sent my application 10/30, stuck on complete 11/22 for more than ten days now..(no where near UR)..makes me sad :cry: ....(but they did say mid to late December for EA, or did they?)
anyway, does everyone admitted have their status checker changed to UR at some point?

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm

By the way, I had emailed Cornell yesterday about a possible problem with my file. This was part of their response:

"Your application will be processed very soon as we are processing those who applied before your applied date. We plan to have all of the early action files processed by the end of this week."

So, that shit is gonna be figured out soonish.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Progress! Went from 11/16 processing to 11/16 processing with check marks on all application components!

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

i've been at complete since the fifteenth...though my stuff was all processed minus LSAT in early october.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Also I just browsed LSN again and it seems a few people around 167/3.7ish got deferred to regular applicant pool.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:By the way, I had emailed Cornell yesterday about a possible problem with my file. This was part of their response:

"Your application will be processed very soon as we are processing those who applied before your applied date. We plan to have all of the early action files processed by the end of this week."

Woah, way to be back the goods! (in the form of information.) Question for the group: Do y'all think that by "We plan to have all of the early action files processed by the end of this week," they mean "We plan to be done considering/to have made decisions on all of the early action files by the end of this week"? Or just that they all will have entered the "processing" stage? Obviously no one can say for sure. But rampant speculation is heartily welcomed :)

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I love your 'tars, Excellence. Although I think your last one is quite better than the current one ;)

I think it's the former, to answer your question. I highly doubt a decision will be rendered on ALL of our EA files by the end of the week. That would be a feat of herculean awesomeness.

mst

Postby mst » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:By the way, I had emailed Cornell yesterday about a possible problem with my file. This was part of their response:

Woah, way to be back the goods! (in the form of information.) Question for the group: Do y'all think that by "We plan to have all of the early action files processed by the end of this week," they mean "We plan to be done considering/to have made decisions on all of the early action files by the end of this week"? Or just that they all will have entered the "processing" stage? Obviously no one can say for sure. But rampant speculation is heartily welcomed :)

They mean processed/completed, not decision rendered. When I spoke to them on the phone they said they were still in the process of getting all the EA filers moved from processing to completed, and once that was in order they would move onto the next batch...

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 pm

mst wrote:

They mean processed/completed, not decision rendered. When I spoke to them on the phone they said they were still in the process of getting all the EA filers moved from processing to completed, and once that was in order they would move onto the next batch...

Ooo okay... Well since I went UR yesterday I'm going to hold on to a chance that I might still get an email this week. *hums so she can't hear reality*
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I love your 'tars, Excellence. Although I think your last one is quite better than the current one ;)

I think it's the former, to answer your question. I highly doubt a decision will be rendered on ALL of our EA files by the end of the week. That would be a feat of herculean awesomeness.
\

Thanks Aggie. I was getting shit for the last one. Plus this way I get to rep the Stillers every time i post.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 pm

mst wrote:

Ooo okay... Well since I went UR yesterday I'm going to hold on to a chance that I might still get an email this week. *hums so she can't hear reality*
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I love your 'tars, Excellence. Although I think your last one is quite better than the current one ;)

\

Thanks Aggie. I was getting shit for the last one. Plus this way I get to rep the Stillers every time i post.

There are many mean things I could say as a Giants fan and Roethlisberger hater, but I'll refrain since we're almost number twins :)

Plus, stiiiiill 11/16 processing. Luckily the school isn't up too high on my list (not that I wouldn't go here, just that I'm waiting on a bunch of other schools I'd rather go to).

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:33 pm

I am with ya, Ms. Excellence - I flipped to UR on 11/29. Thursday and Friday, c'mon.

And about your 'tar, haters gon' hate.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 pm

How long were other people UR before they got a decision (good or bad)? I just went UR today and am SO ready to get some kind of decision from somewhere :/

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:23 am

A bit off topic but why the hell is Cornell's 1L attrition rate so high? It's 7.9% which is much higher than any other t14 school...

Trustbuster

Postby Trustbuster » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:25 am

I need to know, I need to know....

Listening to Tom Petty while waiting for law school responses is so much fun.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:37 am

whymeohgodno wrote:A bit off topic but why the hell is Cornell's 1L attrition rate so high? It's 7.9% which is much higher than any other t14 school...

Lastest data I see shows a attrition rate of only 2% (or 4 people).

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... spx?sid=35
Click ABA Law School Data

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 am

CyLaw wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:A bit off topic but why the hell is Cornell's 1L attrition rate so high? It's 7.9% which is much higher than any other t14 school...

Lastest data I see shows a attrition rate of only 2% (or 4 people).

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... spx?sid=35
Click ABA Law School Data

I guess the class of 2008 was really bad for some reason.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
mst wrote:They mean processed/completed, not decision rendered. When I spoke to them on the phone they said they were still in the process of getting all the EA filers moved from processing to completed, and once that was in order they would move onto the next batch...

\

There are many mean things I could say as a Giants fan and Roethlisberger hater, but I'll refrain since we're almost number twins :)

Plus, stiiiiill 11/16 processing. Luckily the school isn't up too high on my list (not that I wouldn't go here, just that I'm waiting on a bunch of other schools I'd rather go to).

It's cool, nobody in Pgh likes Big Ben. We're rooting for the town, not the bad seed.

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:50 am

I realize this might not be news to anyone else, but I am finally "In Review"!!

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 am

timmna wrote:I realize this might not be news to anyone else, but I am finally "In Review"!!

+1 Yaay! Thoughts on how long we'll be waiting?

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 am

arism87 wrote:
timmna wrote:I realize this might not be news to anyone else, but I am finally "In Review"!!

Good luck!

I submitted on 11/1--and just went complete yesterday--and I know there are plenty of October people ahead of me in line. I'm thinking at least a couple weeks for me.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am

timmna wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Good luck!

I submitted on 11/1--and just went complete yesterday--and I know there are plenty of October people ahead of me in line. I'm thinking at least a couple weeks for me.

Hm. I submitted a million years ago (Sept even, maybe?) but they told me I needed another professor rec so it took forever to go complete. Wonder what that will mean for me. Assume it goes by complete date?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 am

My application is complete. :D And even though it just went complete my status checker still says "Your application is ready for review by our Admissions Committee, and because it was complete by our November 15th early action deadline, you will receive a decision of either admit, reserve, or deny by mid to late December." Good deal.

Submitted late at night on 11/1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”