Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:This is just a guess but I don't think it is rolling since they said they only give out up to 10/year. So they probably want to have everybody's application first... But like I said I'm guessing, so you never know.

...really? :|

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Deuce wrote:Dinged via email, ah well :wink:

Same.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby slax » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:43 pm

In via email! Was one of those UR 11/24. My numbers are above both 75%. Also got the write an essay for Dean's Scholarship instruction. The essay topic is to tell an undergrad how to pick their major. Sooo, that's a bit weird.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:43 pm

It seems like Cornell is being more ruthless than usual this year. No?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

eskimo wrote:
law_monkey wrote:This is just a guess but I don't think it is rolling since they said they only give out up to 10/year. So they probably want to have everybody's application first... But like I said I'm guessing, so you never know.

...really? :|


Yeah. That's what it said in the email anyway. Actually I just checked again and it said "up to 10 annually." So they technically don't even have to do 10 if they don't want to. :x

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm

OHhhhhhhhhh I'm sorry - TOTAL RC fail on my part. I misread and thought you said 10K/year (as in money wise) - I assume you mean they give out up to 10 dean's scholarships per year?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm

eskimo wrote:OHhhhhhhhhh I'm sorry - TOTAL RC fail on my part. I misread and thought you said 10K/year (as in money wise) - I assume you mean they give out up to 10 dean's scholarships per year?


Oh, yes. Sorry! I can see how that was confusing. The actual scholarship is 45K.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 pm

slax wrote:In via email! Was one of those UR 11/24. My numbers are above both 75%. Also got the write an essay for Dean's Scholarship instruction. The essay topic is to tell an undergrad how to pick their major. Sooo, that's a bit weird.


Congrats!

Gosh I would totally ace this topic if they still let me submit one! :lol:

User avatar
silverlake33
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby silverlake33 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:57 pm

still processing (date shown is 11/16, sent on first).

:(

sorry you guys who got deferred/dinged. i have yet to receive news from any school so far. i have a feeling december will drag on and become unbearably long.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm

mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mcubberly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?


Submitted 10/11, complete 11/4.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Xnegd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Rejected as of today...

Good Luck everyone

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Entchen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 pm

eskimo wrote:
Sentry wrote:Any other EAers stuck at complete? I've been at complete since 11/3 with nothing happening since.

I'm still EA Complete, but well after your date (11/23)

Me too, complete at 11/11.

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby masson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?

When did you apply? I submitted on 10/30, only went complete on 11/22 and was told that I was EA applicant, but been stuck there for more than a week now....never UR!!!! Dont like it that they do so slow at Cornell

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:42 pm

masson wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?

When did you apply? I submitted on 10/30, only went complete on 11/22 and was told that I was EA applicant, but been stuck there for more than a week now....never UR!!!! Dont like it that they do so slow at Cornell


I think Mcubberly answered your question above... "Submitted 10/11, complete 11/4."

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mcubberly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
masson wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
mcubberly wrote:In review 11/29...looks like deferral but want to actually hear! At least it's finally done processing.


Dates submitted/complete?

When did you apply? I submitted on 10/30, only went complete on 11/22 and was told that I was EA applicant, but been stuck there for more than a week now....never UR!!!! Dont like it that they do so slow at Cornell


I think Mcubberly answered your question above... "Submitted 10/11, complete 11/4."


Lol yup. It seems like I submitted relatively early compared to most people on this board (?? true? false??), which surprised me and may explain why I'm IR now. My numbers are nowhere near the people who've gotten in-- here's hoping 168s are lucky.

Snape
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Snape » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Cornell must have a really tough job with admissions--they cant get anybody to go their that they want, nobody actually wants to go their as their first choice, everyone who pays a deposit hopes to get off waitlists all summer, and they never want the people who really want and reach for them...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Snape wrote:Cornell must have a really tough job with admissions--they cant get anybody to go their that they want, nobody actually wants to go their as their first choice, everyone who pays a deposit hopes to get off waitlists all summer, and they never want the people who really want and reach for them...


That's probably true for every school outside of HYS.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mr_toad » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Snape wrote:Cornell must have a really tough job with admissions--they cant get anybody to go their that they want, nobody actually wants to go their as their first choice, everyone who pays a deposit hopes to get off waitlists all summer, and they never want the people who really want and reach for them...


That's probably true for every school outside of HYS.


Sounds like a candidate school for the GWU ED policy.
Especially ITE.

Snape
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Snape » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Ha! prolly true to a point...but not to the extent that Cornell feels it.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:00 pm

I really want to go :( Despite having numbers for higher T-14s. I mean, it's not a sure thing at all, but I am genuinely attracted to their location and campus, and that is a real priority for me. I hope they know that... somehow :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:I really want to go :( Despite having numbers for higher T-14s. I mean, it's not a sure thing at all, but I am genuinely attracted to their location and campus, and that is a real priority for me. I hope they know that... somehow :(


I hope you wrote a why Cornell essay or have this in your PS.

Even if not, just send them a heart shaped Xmas card with an audio recording denouncing the ranking system.

In all seriousness, best of luck!

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Got in today, received in mid Sept. Grats to other admits and good luck to other applicants.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:I really want to go :( Despite having numbers for higher T-14s. I mean, it's not a sure thing at all, but I am genuinely attracted to their location and campus, and that is a real priority for me. I hope they know that... somehow :(


I hope you wrote a why Cornell essay or have this in your PS.

Even if not, just send them a heart shaped Xmas card with an audio recording denouncing the ranking system.

In all seriousness, best of luck!


I gave them a Why X paragraph at the end of my PS, but it didn't mention the location/campus because at the time I thought it sounded a bit silly. So yeah, I'm in the market for recordable christmas cards :) Thanks Philly

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:12 pm

slax wrote:In via email! Was one of those UR 11/24. My numbers are above both 75%. Also got the write an essay for Dean's Scholarship instruction. The essay topic is to tell an undergrad how to pick their major. Sooo, that's a bit weird.


congrats!
stats?
also, I went UR 11/29 so... you only had to wait 6 days... maybe I can expect the same?? :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests