Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Don't depress me.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Z3RO wrote:I got deferred too. :(

180/3.46


uh oh
I'm in trouble. Almost exactly the same stats + URM. Why YP people that they have no reason to think (other than stats) will go elsewhere. It's dumb. Hurts only Cornell.

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:35 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I got deferred too. :(

180/3.46


uh oh
I'm in trouble. Almost exactly the same stats + URM. Why YP people that they have no reason to think (other than stats) will go elsewhere. It's dumb. Hurts only Cornell.


Y'all are making me feel pretty inadequate with my stats. I expect to get rejected now.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:39 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I got deferred too. :(

180/3.46


uh oh
I'm in trouble. Almost exactly the same stats + URM. Why YP people that they have no reason to think (other than stats) will go elsewhere. It's dumb. Hurts only Cornell.


Obviously they have their reasons, and it benefits them more than it "hurts" or they wouldn't do it.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:41 pm

i submitted in early october, but was an october lsat....went complete mid november. still complete. are other october's in review yet?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

justadude55 wrote:i submitted in early october, but was an october lsat....went complete mid november. still complete. are other october's in review yet?


You're a November applicant then, I think. I thought complete date is what counted.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Hmm, hard to tell whether Cornell is yield protecting or just trying to be real careful about its medians during EA, or something else entirely.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Knock wrote:
justadude55 wrote:i submitted in early october, but was an october lsat....went complete mid november. still complete. are other october's in review yet?


You're a November applicant then, I think. I thought complete date is what counted.



Not true. Mine is still processing and I'm considered an EA applicant.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Knock wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I got deferred too. :(

180/3.46


uh oh
I'm in trouble. Almost exactly the same stats + URM. Why YP people that they have no reason to think (other than stats) will go elsewhere. It's dumb. Hurts only Cornell.


Obviously they have their reasons, and it benefits them more than it "hurts" or they wouldn't do it.


that is very rational
i was complaining via emotion haha when irritated rationality means nothing

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:45 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
Knock wrote:
justadude55 wrote:i submitted in early october, but was an october lsat....went complete mid november. still complete. are other october's in review yet?


You're a November applicant then, I think. I thought complete date is what counted.



Not true. Mine is still processing and I'm considered an EA applicant.

But the order they review applications is based on complete date, generally.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby masterthearts » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Cornell uses a holistic approach and I believe they like to see higher GPA's than Lsat's.
Besides, they may like taking more of their own undergrads into the law school..maybe

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:49 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.

Take a seat, i submitted mid september and it took a month and a half to go complete.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:49 pm

masterthearts wrote:Cornell uses a holistic approach and I believe they like to see higher GPA's than Lsat's.
Besides, they may like taking more of their own undergrads into the law school..maybe

wtf are you talking about

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:49 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.


I hope you mean 10/6, otherwise you're in for a long wait!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby thecilent » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:49 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Cornell uses a holistic approach and I believe they like to see higher GPA's than Lsat's.
Besides, they may like taking more of their own undergrads into the law school..maybe

wtf are you talking about

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm

thecilent wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Cornell uses a holistic approach and I believe they like to see higher GPA's than Lsat's.
Besides, they may like taking more of their own undergrads into the law school..maybe

wtf are you talking about

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.


I hope you mean 10/6, otherwise you're in for a long wait!


Booo, I'm still EA though. I'm guessing I'm looking at more of like a December 31st decision date...

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:52 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.

Take a seat, i submitted mid september and it took a month and a half to go complete.

+1 - different dates, same story. Relax.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.


I hope you mean 10/6, otherwise you're in for a long wait!


Booo, I'm still EA though. I'm guessing I'm looking at more of like a December 31st decision date...


I thought everything had to be submitted by 11/1 to qualify as EA? I was thinking I just made the deadline when I sent it in late at night on 11/1.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Knock wrote:
thecilent wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Cornell uses a holistic approach and I believe they like to see higher GPA's than Lsat's.
Besides, they may like taking more of their own undergrads into the law school..maybe

wtf are you talking about

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Sentry » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:55 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby thecilent » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:55 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Knock wrote:
thecilent wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:wtf are you talking about

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:57 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Which is why I hate my life. I don't know why it's still processing, I gave everything in on 11/6.


I hope you mean 10/6, otherwise you're in for a long wait!


Booo, I'm still EA though. I'm guessing I'm looking at more of like a December 31st decision date...


I thought everything had to be submitted by 11/1 to qualify as EA? I was thinking I just made the deadline when I sent it in late at night on 11/1.


I don't know it says submitted by 11/1 and complete by 11/15. When I spoke to the woman on the phone after 11/1 and she said to just get it in as soon as possible and it would still be considered EA. You have now made me nervous so I will be checking.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Sorry, I'm just wondering for my own sake now since that was the 1st application I submitted, and I was hoping that slight rush wasn't for naught.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Cfitz, Exabot [Bot], kdonohue, pkalltheway, proteinshake and 39 guests