Cornell 2011 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snichols16

Bronze

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Post by snichols16 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:04 am

Has there been anyone go from reserve to rejected? Because it's seeming like reserve was just a pre-wait list, as opposed to a lot of other schools who have gone hold to rejected.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 am

snichols16 wrote:Has there been anyone go from reserve to rejected? Because it's seeming like reserve was just a pre-wait list, as opposed to a lot of other schools who have gone hold to rejected.
Do this thing called a search and you'll see tons of reserve apps that were rejected

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 am

Kabuo wrote:6/2, 6/13, 6/14. Annnnnnnd waitlist. FML.
Damn, sorry to hear that. Going to stick it out?

gwen.staci

New

Post by gwen.staci » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:10 am

I was accepted to some other law schools: gtown with no aid, wash u with 40k, emory with 70k.

I was also accepted to #2 pharmacy school, UNC, as well as USC, VCU.. etc..

I have options, just playing with the Cornell idea. Just seeing what you guys think.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 am

NYC Law wrote:
Kabuo wrote:6/2, 6/13, 6/14. Annnnnnnd waitlist. FML.
Damn, sorry to hear that. Going to stick it out?
For now, yeah. Planning on moving into a place in STL in August though. If they think I'm going to back out of a lease and move again for sticker at Cornell if they admit me in mid August or something, they're mistaken. I might do that for Michigan, but not Cornell. And it seems like with the pace of everything else they've done, mid August might be when we find out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 am

gwen.staci wrote:I was accepted to some other law schools: gtown with no aid, wash u with 40k, emory with 70k.

I have options, just playing with the Cornell idea. Just seeing what you guys think.
Go to Pharmacy school

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:13 am

NYC Law wrote:
gwen.staci wrote:I was accepted to some other law schools: gtown with no aid, wash u with 40k, emory with 70k.

Go to Pharmacy school
TITCR

gwen.staci

New

Post by gwen.staci » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 am

Ginj wrote:
NYC Law wrote:

Go to Pharmacy school
TITCR
Ironic response since this is a law forum. =P

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 am

gwen.staci wrote:
Ginj wrote:
NYC Law wrote:

Go to Pharmacy school
TITCR
I've never heard of an unemployed pharmacist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 am

Also, it would be really swell if schools could tell us why we were rejected. I typically just assume it's my GPA, but that's not a satisfying answer when the numbers are well within range of what's been accepted before, even this year. I even sent a pretty substantial LOCI, while it seems like at least a few people are being admitted as something of a surprise (after forgetting they were in the running or w/e).

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:20 am

Pharmacy school is a much safer route. Plus UNC is a great environment & a highly respected pharmacy school. Law school is for those who are not good at math & science who want to postpone reality for a few years. :wink:

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:26 am

BLS on Pharmacy Outlook wrote:Employment is expected to increase faster than the average. As a result of job growth, the need to replace workers who leave the occupation, and the limited capacity of training programs, job prospects should be excellent.
BLS on Lawyer Outlook wrote:About as fast as the average employment growth is projected, but job competition is expected to be keen.
Heck, I'm considering switching now that I look into it, I still like math and science.

gwen.staci

New

Post by gwen.staci » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Pharmacy school is a much safer route. Plus UNC is a great environment & a highly respected pharmacy school. Law school is for those who are not good at math & science who want to postpone reality for a few years. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 am

Also, I know many unhappy lawyers seeking outside business opportunities to facilitate a career change, but I don't know any pharmacists looking for a career change---other than a desire to attend medical school.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 am

gwen.staci wrote:
Ginj wrote:
NYC Law wrote:

Go to Pharmacy school
TITCR
We're a self-loathing bunch.

gwen.staci

New

Post by gwen.staci » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 am

Yikes. Sorry for the post glitch. I think I wrote:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I was just looking into pharmacy or law school because I was thinking about doing pharmacy policy, FDA, areas that overlapped...

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 am

gwen.staci wrote:Yikes. Sorry for the post glitch. I think I wrote:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I was just looking into pharmacy or law school because I was thinking about doing pharmacy policy, FDA, areas that overlapped...
Have you applied to BU? They have a good health law program

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gwen.staci

New

Post by gwen.staci » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 am

NYC Law wrote:

I was too lazy to write another essay....

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 am

gwen.staci wrote:
NYC Law wrote:

I was too lazy to write another essay....
Didn't even know they had essays, I didn't write one and got 10k

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

How many here are staying on the summer waitlist? I'm trying to figure out if I'd really be able to move at the last minute. Hmmph.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 am

aaaaaah wrote:How many here are staying on the summer waitlist? I'm trying to figure out if I'd really be able to move at the last minute. Hmmph.
I'm going to stick around, maybe interview, but I'm thinking of just following through with Fordham instead of all the hassle of a last minute change if I even were admitted.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

NYC Law wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:How many here are staying on the summer waitlist? I'm trying to figure out if I'd really be able to move at the last minute. Hmmph.
I'm going to stick around, maybe interview, but I'm thinking of just following through with Fordham instead of all the hassle of a last minute change if I even were admitted.
I think you can afford to sit on it for another couple weeks, but come July you'll probably need to start making plans to attend one of the schools you're in at.

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 am

Was just put on the summer waitlist from 6/14 as well. I'm not sure my dream of Cornell will ever be realized now. Extremely depressing. I dread making plans for my other school.

I even sent a pretty substantial LOCI, while it seems like at least a few people are being admitted as something of a surprise (after forgetting they were in the running or w/e)
I too wrote a substantial LOCI, explaining again my love of cornell and that I would accept if offered admission. Its amazing that people would even have to think about it. I'm ofcourse going to stay on the waitlist, but I'm seriously wondering if they ever plan on giving me a favorable outcome.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am

bigjinjapan wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
I think you can afford to sit on it for another couple weeks, but come July you'll probably need to start making plans to attend one of the schools you're in at.
Agreed, i'll probably stay on until July starts, but then I need to plan housing and sign leases and ish

gsat

New

Post by gsat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

Sandstorm wrote:Was just put on the summer waitlist from 6/14 as well. I'm not sure my dream of Cornell will ever be realized now. Extremely depressing. I dread making plans for my other school.

I even sent a pretty substantial LOCI, while it seems like at least a few people are being admitted as something of a surprise (after forgetting they were in the running or w/e)
I too wrote a substantial LOCI, explaining again my love of cornell and that I would accept if offered admission. Its amazing that people would even have to think about it. I'm ofcourse going to stay on the waitlist, but I'm seriously wondering if they ever plan on giving me a favorable outcome.
+1....I think I'm going to try to interview. That is the last chance I have besides begging and pleading.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”