Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:
they did say they'd give everyone on reserve one more close look in the email:

"We don't rank people on reserve and we will be taking at least one more close look at everyone involved."


I know, but my concern is it might be a rolling look, and I've had enough of rolling admissions to last a cycle. I guess we'll see if some people start getting in before other reserves go IR.

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bigjinjapan » Fri May 20, 2011 10:39 pm

There's one person on LSN who's listed as WL/Reject, but it's updated 6 days ago so maybe just an error?

As far as the new review dates go, it's more likely they're going through all the reserve applicants in some sort of pre-determined order for that 'one more look.' Maybe alphabetical? I know I'm pretty near the head of that line, at least...

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby maglialoro » Sun May 22, 2011 11:33 am

.
Last edited by maglialoro on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pubica
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Pubica » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

ended up on reserve....

NEEEEEED TO KNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

User avatar
kausjon
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kausjon » Tue May 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Any updates to report?

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby thelawyler » Tue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Cornell sure is taking their sweet little time wow.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Tue May 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Still just on reserve here.

User avatar
treeborn
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby treeborn » Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Went on reserve 1/24, now in review as of 5/17. My numbers are 3.9, 163.

Pretty sure I wouldn't go if I were granted admission; I'm PTing with a 172 average this past month.

LawSchoolPorFavor
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Wed May 25, 2011 1:45 pm

When is Cornell's second deposit due?

User avatar
gsat
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby gsat » Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Has anyone on reserve been accepted/rejected/waitlisted/withdrawn since last week?

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Wed May 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Still on reserve here.
lalalallalalala ;)

User avatar
gsat
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby gsat » Wed May 25, 2011 2:16 pm

sidhesadie wrote:Still on reserve here.
lalalallalalala ;)



Me too :(

User avatar
kfresha
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kfresha » Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

My app has been in review since 05/20. This is exciting.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

kfresha wrote:My app has been in review since 05/20. This is exciting.


Mine too! More terrifying than exciting though. :)

User avatar
kausjon
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kausjon » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm still IR 5/19 ... someone should really call and see what's up. ;)

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby BeachandRun23 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 pm

kausjon wrote:I'm still IR 5/19 ... someone should really call and see what's up. ;)


I would guess that we will hear by the end of this week or next.

rxljk
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:14 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rxljk » Thu May 26, 2011 2:06 am

For those of you who went IR, what letter does your last name start with?
Mine starts with L and still on reserve.....

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Thu May 26, 2011 3:11 am

rxljk wrote:For those of you who went IR, what letter does your last name start with?
Mine starts with L and still on reserve.....


P and still on reserve. I'm rooting for alphabetical order, not cause P is good or anything, just because I think it'd be fun (as long as it's not rolling :evil: )

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby theturkeyisfat » Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 am

I'm B and still on reserve

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 am

theturkeyisfat wrote:I'm B and still on reserve


Well, there goes that idea. Must be a Cornell Admissions mysterty. It's definitely not alphabetical, by order of reserve date, or seemingly by an LSAT/GPA trend. Maybe it's order of initial application? Of course, none of this matters anyway if they give all of them a second look before making any decisions.

nolongerlurker
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby nolongerlurker » Thu May 26, 2011 3:27 am

Went back in review 5/19. Last name starts with an A.

This. Is. Pure. Hell.

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby theturkeyisfat » Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 am

Kabuo wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:I'm B and still on reserve


Well, there goes that idea. Must be a Cornell Admissions mysterty. It's definitely not alphabetical, by order of reserve date, or seemingly by an LSAT/GPA trend. Maybe it's order of initial application? Of course, none of this matters anyway if they give all of them a second look before making any decisions.


I think it is by order of initial application. I looked at the people who are in review and still on reserve (profiles and old posts) and it seems like the people that have gone under review applied/went complete early

nolongerlurker
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby nolongerlurker » Thu May 26, 2011 4:07 am

theturkeyisfat wrote:
Kabuo wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:I'm B and still on reserve


Well, there goes that idea. Must be a Cornell Admissions mysterty. It's definitely not alphabetical, by order of reserve date, or seemingly by an LSAT/GPA trend. Maybe it's order of initial application? Of course, none of this matters anyway if they give all of them a second look before making any decisions.


I think it is by order of initial application. I looked at the people who are in review and still on reserve (profiles and old posts) and it seems like the people that have gone under review applied/went complete early



I applied in mid Jan, went complete in early march, and was put on reserve in late march.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Thu May 26, 2011 4:52 am

nolongerlurker wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
Kabuo wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:I'm B and still on reserve


Well, there goes that idea. Must be a Cornell Admissions mysterty. It's definitely not alphabetical, by order of reserve date, or seemingly by an LSAT/GPA trend. Maybe it's order of initial application? Of course, none of this matters anyway if they give all of them a second look before making any decisions.


I think it is by order of initial application. I looked at the people who are in review and still on reserve (profiles and old posts) and it seems like the people that have gone under review applied/went complete early



I applied in mid Jan, went complete in early march, and was put on reserve in late march.


Lol, applied in Dec, but didn't go complete til early March. Maybe we're overthinking it and it's just random.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 am

I don't think it is necessarily by date of application. I applied mid Jan and I went on reserve 4/22. Back in review 5/20.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Lumis and 17 guests