Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mettasutta

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mettasutta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:56 pm

DHB wrote:In review since 4/7. I called the admissions office twice. Each time they said I would "know by the end of the week."

HAH. On my 3/16 complete email, the AdComm said that since my application is considered on-time I should receive a decision by "early April".

I feel sorry for the people whose first choice is Cornell who have to waste $500 or so on a deposit for a 2nd choice school because Cornell takes sooooo long!

DHB

Postby DHB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
DHB wrote:In review since 4/7. I called the admissions office twice. Each time they said I would "know by the end of the week."

Sounds like a waitlist

That's what I think too. I'm at the 75th %ile for GPA and above it for LSAT, so I'm a little surprised. I applied late though, so I guess I deserve it.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:44 pm

DHB wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Sounds like a waitlist

That's what I think too. I'm at the 75th %ile for GPA and above it for LSAT, so I'm a little surprised. I applied late though, so I guess I deserve it.

If your numbers are that good I'm sure you have comparable or better choices.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

I'll be calling tomorrow to see when 3/6'ers can expect to hear back by. A futile effort but I feel better doing it.

Naked Dude

Postby Naked Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:38 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:I'll be calling tomorrow to see when 3/6'ers can expect to hear back by. A futile effort but I feel better doing it.

Complete 3/6ers or in review 3/6ers?

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Went into my second review today. First review was 4/21. The pace has quickened...

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:Went into my second review today. First review was 4/21. The pace has quickened...

+1

I was first in review 4/22 and again today. I am floored that either one of us got a 2nd review. The guy who was rejected and expressed much anger had way better numbers than us. He never got a 2nd review..

I would take Cornell in a heart beat.

I think I'll send them a LOCI with a check for both my seat deposits.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Why no second review for me Cornell?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 pm

akili wrote:Why no second review for me Cornell?

Why no decision for me Cornell?

akili

Postby akili » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

Why no decision for me Cornell?

Valid.

smilezz

Postby smilezz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Was in review 4/13, now in review 4/25. Come on Cornell! YES OR NO, I JUST WANNA KNOW.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 pm

You signified that you will be attending Vandy on your TLS profile. You're fine.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:

You signified that you will be attending Vandy on your TLS profile. You're fine.

True, but I paid money to get a decision and it's not impossible that Cornell could change my mind (unlikely, I will admit).

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 pm

akili wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

True, but I paid money to get a decision and it's not impossible that Cornell could change my mind (unlikely, I will admit).

I need this Cornell acceptance. It's either that or bagging groceries.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
akili wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

I hope you get in!

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
akili wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

This sounds like a great personal statement topic for next round! Either that or the beginning of an excellent short story that will get you admission to a coveted MFA program. How do you feel about Iowa? (in all honesty, one of the best amateur short stories I ever read was about a grocery bagger at a huge [2-story] grocery store in Seattle.)

But seriously good luck.

Batfink55

Postby Batfink55 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:23 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:If i'm a reserve I guess I'm ok with that. But if they filled their class without even looking at people like me who applied on time, I find that insulting.

It just seems like they are getting autorejects out at this point and not even replying to borderline candidates/autoadmits. The people who heard today were mostly dings but they were only under review for a day or two?

I spoke with Admissions this morning. I think they're just behind--it's a small law school--they're probably understaffed and quite frankly, if I worked in the admissions office the last thing I'd be worried about is tinkering with the status checker. They probably just have their heads in applications and are reviewing them as quickly as they can and not bothering to update the status checker. I have love for Cornell--give them a break.

nyankees51

Postby nyankees51 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Batfink55 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:If i'm a reserve I guess I'm ok with that. But if they filled their class without even looking at people like me who applied on time, I find that insulting.

It just seems like they are getting autorejects out at this point and not even replying to borderline candidates/autoadmits. The people who heard today were mostly dings but they were only under review for a day or two?

I spoke with Admissions this morning. I think they're just behind--it's a small law school--they're probably understaffed and quite frankly, if I worked in the admissions office the last thing I'd be worried about is tinkering with the status checker. They probably just have their heads in applications and are reviewing them as quickly as they can and not bothering to update the status checker. I have love for Cornell--give them a break.

I actually spoke with Admissions today too. The lady was very nice and said that almost all decsions will be out by this Friday. When I asked if this was true even for us not UR she said that we would be going UR very soon. Basically, I take this to either mean that they aren't on top of updating the status checker or more likely that we are all just going to be put on reserve or dinged.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

nyankees51 wrote:
Batfink55 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

I actually spoke with Admissions today too. The lady was very nice and said that almost all decsions will be out by this Friday. When I asked if this was true even for us not UR she said that we would be going UR very soon. Basically, I take this to either mean that they aren't on top of updating the status checker or more likely that we are all just going to be put on reserve or dinged.

any guess for what that means for those on reserve? look into your crystal ball please

UA7789

Postby UA7789 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Dinged via e-mail this morning

nyankees51

Postby nyankees51 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Perch wrote:It just seems like they are getting autorejects out at this point and not even replying to borderline candidates/autoadmits. The people who heard today were mostly dings but they were only under review for a day or two?

I spoke with Admissions this morning. I think they're just behind--it's a small law school--they're probably understaffed and quite frankly, if I worked in the admissions office the last thing I'd be worried about is tinkering with the status checker. They probably just have their heads in applications and are reviewing them as quickly as they can and not bothering to update the status checker. I have love for Cornell--give them a break.[/quote]

I actually spoke with Admissions today too. The lady was very nice and said that almost all decsions will be out by this Friday. When I asked if this was true even for us not UR she said that we would be going UR very soon. Basically, I take this to either mean that they aren't on top of updating the status checker or more likely that we are all just going to be put on reserve or dinged.[/quote]

any guess for what that means for those on reserve? look into your crystal ball please[/quote]

Truthfully I think they may already have filled their class which means bad things for all of us but that's just my guess.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm

What exactly is a reserve list?

nyankees51

Postby nyankees51 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:49 pm

kk19131 wrote:What exactly is a reserve list?

reserve=waitlist

jakersatcal

Postby jakersatcal » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Just got accepted !!! Damn, just when I had thought my decision making was over

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:59 pm

jakersatcal wrote:Just got accepted !!! Damn, just when I had thought my decision making was over

Congrats!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”