Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Sentry » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm still just 11/3 complete. submitted 10/7.

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:Just got an email saying I've been deferred to regular applicant pool. LSAT at median and GPA just below median.


Also, I submitted 9/22, went complete 10/4, in review 11/8 and then again 11/18

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Just got an email saying I've been deferred to regular applicant pool. LSAT at median and GPA just below median.


Also, I submitted 9/22, went complete 10/4, in review 11/8 and then again 11/18


Thanks for the info. I am 1 day behind on all 3 dates, so maybe I will hear back soon.

Good luck in the regular pool.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Entchen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Sentry wrote:I'm still just 11/3 complete. submitted 10/7.


Me too. Well, I'm still 11/11 complete. But that was my first complete date (submitted 10/24). No change since then.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Deffered to Regular Decision today. 171/3.3

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 pm

eskimo wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:75's are 3.8/168 right?

$45k is the most they give?


The medians for 2010 are 3.7/168, so the 75% must be higher.

...not necessarily


Not neccesary, true enough. But since the previous year was a 3.61/167 median, it stands to reason the 75%s have increased as well- though this is probabilistic, not logical.

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bleedblue » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Darn. I didn't realize there was an in review status. I'm complete 11/4 which was my first complete date (sent 10/12). I guess I don't have to worry about hearing today then.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby dabbadon8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Accepted today via email! So excited!

Also, if no mention of scholarship does that mean that no money will be coming?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:06 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Accepted today via email! So excited!

Also, if no mention of scholarship does that mean that no money will be coming?

Wow, really? Congrats!!

Numbers/submit date?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:10 pm

eskimo wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:Accepted today via email! So excited!

Also, if no mention of scholarship does that mean that no money will be coming?

Wow, really? Congrats!!

Numbers/submit date?

+1

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby dabbadon8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm

eskimo wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:Accepted today via email! So excited!

Also, if no mention of scholarship does that mean that no money will be coming?

Wow, really? Congrats!!

Numbers/submit date?


I submitted 8/28 I think. 3.49/173

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm

WTF? they are sending e-mails for both acceptances and deferrals 1 by 1 rather in waves?? If so, what is wrong with them?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 pm

tkgrrett wrote:WTF? they are sending e-mails for both acceptances and deferrals 1 by 1 rather in waves?? If so, what is wrong with them?


As they make decisions perhaps... lol

thereelshaq
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:25 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby thereelshaq » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 pm

in via email this morning! 168/3.8. submitted oct 6, complete october 11th or 12th.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:WTF? they are sending e-mails for both acceptances and deferrals 1 by 1 rather in waves?? If so, what is wrong with them?


As they make decisions perhaps... lol


Does any school hate their applicants as much as Cornell?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm still listed as 11/16 processing, and I submitted Halloween night.

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby masson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm

tipler4213 wrote:I'm still listed as 11/16 processing, and I submitted Halloween night.

Same boat here. Submitted Halloween night. listed as "your application is complete 11/22".

User avatar
Kswizzie
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kswizzie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm

IN via email submitted 10/1...3.7 168

User avatar
soupisgood
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby soupisgood » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm

In via e-mail this morning! 3.4x/173 :D Pretty excited, heard back from my first T-14!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Yayyyyyyy congrats, all!

A gorgeous picture in celebration!

Image

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Has everyone who heard today heard in the 10 am-ish time period? Trying to discern whether there's any chance of still hearing today.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Kswizzie wrote:IN via email submitted 10/1...3.7 168


Yay! Now I feel like its just a matter of waiting till they get to my application.

J.Straw from Wichita
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby J.Straw from Wichita » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Has everyone who heard today heard in the 10 am-ish time period? Trying to discern whether there's any chance of still hearing today.


Mine came at 11:42am

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby 123xalady » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Congrats!!! Did everyone who's gotten in apply sept/early october?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 pm

J.Straw from Wichita wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Has everyone who heard today heard in the 10 am-ish time period? Trying to discern whether there's any chance of still hearing today.


Mine came at 11:42am


Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ginawwhan, Nickel94, notnecessarilyproper, pandaaa, RictusErectus, rizzlebizness, TakeItToTrial, Zoe107 and 14 guests