Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

super6 wrote:
JerrySeinfeld wrote:What the approximate time between your first under review date and receiving an acceptance?

So far it's taken less than 24 months for most applicants


oh thank god thats such a relief, i was thinking i´d have to wait a long time...

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Last Tuesday (2/22), three admits heard back in the late afternoon.

Hobbes89 (4:39 PM ET)
PinkCow (4:41 PM ET)
sarahlawg (4:57 PM ET)

Fingers crossed for those still holding out.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby PinkCow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm

neonx wrote:Last Tuesday (2/22), three admits heard back in the late afternoon.

Hobbes89 (4:39 PM ET)
PinkCow (4:41 PM ET)
sarahlawg (4:57 PM ET)

Fingers crossed for those still holding out.



True dat. Good luck y'all!!!!

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby username99 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm

username99 wrote:Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

best case: april, worst case: never

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
username99 wrote:Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

best case: april, worst case: never


:lol: I think it's best to make other plans.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
username99 wrote:Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

best case: april, worst case: never


:lol: I think it's best to make other plans.


r6, you're still around? Where are you headin'?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
username99 wrote:Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

best case: april, worst case: never


:lol: I think it's best to make other plans.

TITCR

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Hannibal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Somehow I'm glad I didn't do EA now.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
username99 wrote:Any idea when those who were deferred may hear?

best case: april, worst case: never


:lol: I think it's best to make other plans.


r6, you're still around? Where are you headin'?


Ha, I have received no additional information for the last 5 weeks or so ... so I am still nowhere near a decision.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Ha, I have received no additional information for the last 5 weeks or so ... so I am still nowhere near a decision.


No bad choices though :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Ha, I have received no additional information for the last 5 weeks or so ... so I am still nowhere near a decision.


No bad choices though :)


Of course not, I am super happy. Look forward to starting this next chapter - so the wait is that much harder.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Wow finally complete.... I'm pretty sure I'll hear back before mid September.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Miracle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:58 pm

snichols16 wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:
snichols16 wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:interview on friday, they said they´d get back to me in 1-2 weeks....won´t get my hopes up though since everyone else seems to have been waiting for ages and ages.


They got back to me the next day.


hopes back up then?


Eh.. Maybe. The interview got off to a really bad start when she laughed, mockingly, when asking about my PhD. Then she asked where I am "in" so far and where I am on "hold" -- and I couldn't lie about that. So they "reserved" me, as other, better schools, have shown more pointed interest.


why did she laugh at you?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18418
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Hannibal wrote:Somehow I'm glad I didn't do EA now.


I wish I had had a choice in the matter. I should have just submitted later.

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby gotcha » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Complete 3/1... finally.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Nothing from Ithaca today! What a tease...

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby apple1234 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Also complete 3/1. Never thought I'd see the day.

How are they on making decisions from here on out? Another 3 months?

sfGmall
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sfGmall » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Complete 2.28

Any idea on whether they've been reviewing these late applications? Or do they only review once a "complete" status is rendered?

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm

sfGmall wrote:Complete 2.28

Any idea on whether they've been reviewing these late applications? Or do they only review once a "complete" status is rendered?



I believe that they only review your application after you've been complete. Your status checker will update to say that you're in review. I think that from what I've been reading, you need at least 2 in review dates before a decision.

RicketyCricket
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby RicketyCricket » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm

bk1 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Somehow I'm glad I didn't do EA now.


I wish I had had a choice in the matter. I should have just submitted later.

Seriously, I never realized that submitting early would hurt my application.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 pm

RicketyCricket wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Somehow I'm glad I didn't do EA now.


I wish I had had a choice in the matter. I should have just submitted later.

Seriously, I never realized that submitting early would hurt my application.


How did it hurt you? Defer =/= hurt.

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ash8309 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Went from Processing 1/7 to Processing 3/1...

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby cinephile » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:07 am

I got an email a few days ago telling me my app was complete. The email basically said that I would get a decision in early April (not by early April, but actually not until early April.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 am

cinephile wrote:I got an email a few days ago telling me my app was complete. The email basically said that I would get a decision in early April (not by early April, but actually not until early April.


With those #'s and URM status it's all about how much $ you will get not whether you will be in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: comicbookdude, josh9308, mse2020 and 5 guests