Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vermlaw
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby vermlaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:08 pm

vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


After your post I decided to check mine, and I got an updated processing date too! Kind of excited, at least this means they haven't forgotten about us.

LawSchoolPorFavor
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:16 pm

for people deferred from EA:

I visited campus this week and was told that EA deferred applications have yet to enter the re-review process. The admissions committee views the group together and (as of this week) has not yet "asked" to re-review the group yet. They also gave me a time line of "mid-april" to hear back. blerg.

Also of note, the person I spoke to referred to deferred EA applicants as "reserved EA applicants." double blerg.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bk1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:20 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:for people deferred from EA:

I visited campus this week and was told that EA deferred applications have yet to enter the re-review process. The admissions committee views the group together and (as of this week) has not yet "asked" to re-review the group yet. They also gave me a time line of "mid-april" to hear back. blerg.

Also of note, the person I spoke to referred to deferred EA applicants as "reserved EA applicants." double blerg.


Cornell, known for operating the most streamlined of admissions processes.

User avatar
vermlaw
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby vermlaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:55 pm

cinephile wrote:
vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


After your post I decided to check mine, and I got an updated processing date too! Kind of excited, at least this means they haven't forgotten about us.


Exactly! Any movement at this point is welcome new for me.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm

bk1 wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:for people deferred from EA:

I visited campus this week and was told that EA deferred applications have yet to enter the re-review process. The admissions committee views the group together and (as of this week) has not yet "asked" to re-review the group yet. They also gave me a time line of "mid-april" to hear back. blerg.

Also of note, the person I spoke to referred to deferred EA applicants as "reserved EA applicants." double blerg.


Cornell, known for operating the most streamlined of admissions processes.

hahahahahhahahah LOL cornell.

IncorrectReversal
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby IncorrectReversal » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Thought I would give an update that may help some people.

I submitted 11/23 any my latest complete date is 1/27 (not sure if that was first/only).

I called the admissions office and asked if anything was holding up my file from going under review. (I was tempted to just walk and ask them since i'm an undergrad at Cornell and currently studying in the law library lol). Anyway, the adcom checked for me and said the admissions committee is currently up to late January complete dates (reviewing in chronological order), so my application should go under review any day.

Hope that helps some lol, its a slowww ride

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby apple1234 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:59 pm

vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


+1. Win!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 am

cinephile wrote:
vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


After your post I decided to check mine, and I got an updated processing date too! Kind of excited, at least this means they haven't forgotten about us.


Got the same thing. We're the three musketeers. So since we're moving along so fast now, I'm going to adjust when I think we'll get a decision. I'm pretty sure they'll let us know by late June or mid July at the latest.

super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby super6 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 am

IncorrectReversal wrote:Thought I would give an update that may help some people.

I submitted 11/23 any my latest complete date is 1/27 (not sure if that was first/only).

I called the admissions office and asked if anything was holding up my file from going under review. (I was tempted to just walk and ask them since i'm an undergrad at Cornell and currently studying in the law library lol). Anyway, the adcom checked for me and said the admissions committee is currently up to late January complete dates (reviewing in chronological order), so my application should go under review any day.

Hope that helps some lol, its a slowww ride

This is useful information. I went complete 2/18 so it sounds like they'll probably be able to get to me in 5-6 months.

sfGmall
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sfGmall » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:28 am

vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


lol. Same for me exactly.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148677

Made me re-interested in Cornell so much again!

super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby super6 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 am

FiveSermon wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148677

Made me re-interested in Cornell so much again!

They were 14th the year before which makes me think those numbers aren't really that reliable for making judgments between two similarly decent schools.
BTW, anyone have any details about Cornell financial aid? It's need-based, is it not? How little must one make to qualify?

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:10 am

super6 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148677

Made me re-interested in Cornell so much again!

They were 14th the year before which makes me think those numbers aren't really that reliable for making judgments between two similarly decent schools.
BTW, anyone have any details about Cornell financial aid? It's need-based, is it not? How little must one make to qualify?


Almost none.

User avatar
Juff
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Juff » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 am

super6 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148677

Made me re-interested in Cornell so much again!

They were 14th the year before which makes me think those numbers aren't really that reliable for making judgments between two similarly decent schools.
BTW, anyone have any details about Cornell financial aid? It's need-based, is it not? How little must one make to qualify?


viewtopic.php?f=23&t=148674&p=4087006#p4087006

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

IncorrectReversal wrote:Thought I would give an update that may help some people.

I submitted 11/23 any my latest complete date is 1/27 (not sure if that was first/only).

I called the admissions office and asked if anything was holding up my file from going under review. (I was tempted to just walk and ask them since i'm an undergrad at Cornell and currently studying in the law library lol). Anyway, the adcom checked for me and said the admissions committee is currently up to late January complete dates (reviewing in chronological order), so my application should go under review any day.

Hope that helps some lol, its a slowww ride


That can't be accurate. I submitted 11/26, went complete 2/2, and under review 2/17. I think they just tell that to people so they'll STFU because they know their process is long.

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby spacepenguin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 am

FiveSermon wrote:
super6 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148677

Made me re-interested in Cornell so much again!

They were 14th the year before which makes me think those numbers aren't really that reliable for making judgments between two similarly decent schools.
BTW, anyone have any details about Cornell financial aid? It's need-based, is it not? How little must one make to qualify?


Almost none.



It's a combination of need-based/merit aid.

User avatar
vermlaw
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby vermlaw » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:02 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
cinephile wrote:
vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


After your post I decided to check mine, and I got an updated processing date too! Kind of excited, at least this means they haven't forgotten about us.


Got the same thing. We're the three musketeers. So since we're moving along so fast now, I'm going to adjust when I think we'll get a decision. I'm pretty sure they'll let us know by late June or mid July at the latest.


I was thinking 3 Amigos (or however many of us there are), and we've all got a mouthful of sand right now.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:10 pm

vermlaw wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
cinephile wrote:
vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


After your post I decided to check mine, and I got an updated processing date too! Kind of excited, at least this means they haven't forgotten about us.


Got the same thing. We're the three musketeers. So since we're moving along so fast now, I'm going to adjust when I think we'll get a decision. I'm pretty sure they'll let us know by late June or mid July at the latest.


I was thinking 3 Amigos (or however many of us there are), and we've all got a mouthful of sand right now.


great movie I'm going to watch it after I finish this thesis.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Anyone know who I should email to notify them of my competing scholarship amounts? With the right price Cornell is looking a lot like my winner...

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rman1201 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Anyone know who I should email to notify them of my competing scholarship amounts? With the right price Cornell is looking a lot like my winner...


Looks like someone saw the nlj data....

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:54 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:Anyone know who I should email to notify them of my competing scholarship amounts? With the right price Cornell is looking a lot like my winner...


Looks like someone saw the nlj data....

:oops:

Got me. That and being from NY, having close relatives in Ithaca, and having just come back from a visit to Wash U with some serious concerns and multiple students there telling me I should go to Cornell if I want to return to NY (which I do) make that seem like a smart move.

(Not being defensive, just clarifying that the NLJ data isn't the whole of it).

User avatar
meno22
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby meno22 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 am

just checked out of boredom: in review, 2/28. was complete 1/6

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby gotcha » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:10 am

apple1234 wrote:
vermlaw wrote:Processing 1/4 ---> Processing 2/25. Score!


+1. Win!


+1...

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rman1201 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:13 am

meno22 wrote:just checked out of boredom: in review, 2/28. was complete 1/6


+1 (Complete 1/6, received a first IR date on the 17th)

Just have to get this out...

come on come on come on Corny plzzzz let me in!!! I've always loved you, even before those silly NLJ placement rankings came out. I saw your for your cold but weird beauty. PLZZZ let me in!

/desperate freak out




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, cocozhang9950 and 6 guests