Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby super6 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm

ktg808 wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Just had my interview at Cornell. PM me if you want details.

Also, for those of you hoping for decisions tomorrow, the admit rep I met with said the committee didn't meet this week, but will next week.


They didn't meet at all this week? That's friggin ridiculous.

But it explains so much

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby beachviolet11 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

oh cornell...thank you so much for that 3rd view book. really...you don't need to convince me...i already applied..which you would know if you would ever finish processing my application...sending me large envelopes during the height of decision season is kind of mean.

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ATR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 am

So, my application's been processing since 1/11.

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Puttanesca » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 am

Review date updated to 2/17 from 2/1. How long does it normally take to get a decision from the second review date? Will I get a decision in time for the class of 2016?

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 am

Processing 2/17. It's a miracle.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby JenDarby » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 am

Puttanesca wrote:Review date updated to 2/17 from 2/1. How long does it normally take to get a decision from the second review date? Will I get a decision in time for the class of 2016?

I had this same update.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby akili » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:11 am

ATR wrote:So, my application's been processing since 1/11.


+1. I think we might have just a tad longer to wait, lol. :roll:

bigwillie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bigwillie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

Put on reserve

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am

just got placed on reserve--bummer-- anyone know if they dig deep into their reserve list??

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 am

akili wrote:
ATR wrote:So, my application's been processing since 1/11.


+1. I think we might have just a tad longer to wait, lol. :roll:


Yup, +1. Sigh. I'd feel so much better even if they just checked my boxes (note: there is just no non-euphemistic way to express that).

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

Zarathustraspoke wrote:just got placed on reserve--bummer-- anyone know if they dig deep into their reserve list??


What are your review dates?

edit: And it doesn't look too promising from LSN - last year one was accepted off the WL, 4 got in during the 08 cycle, 0 in 2007. But this is a horrible representation since most probably stop updating LSN by the time they receive WL decisions - plus this year should see more WL acceptances due to the drop in applications. /over-optimism
Last edited by rman1201 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby msridiculous447 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 am

akili wrote:
ATR wrote:So, my application's been processing since 1/11.


+1. I think we might have just a tad longer to wait, lol. :roll:


+1. Blah.

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

rman1201 wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:just got placed on reserve--bummer-- anyone know if they dig deep into their reserve list??


What are your review dates?

edit: And it doesn't look too promising from LSN - last year one was accepted off the WL, 4 got in during the 08 cycle, 0 in 2007. But this is a horrible representation since most probably stop updating LSN by the time they receive WL decisions - plus this year should see more WL acceptances due to the drop in applications. /over-optimism


applied in November. Complete 1/25--->2/9---->2/16.

I think Im just gonna withdraw my app I don't wanna live in Ithaca anyhow.

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby gotcha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 am

ATR wrote:So, my application's been processing since 1/11.


Since the new year here. From what I have seen of others, sit tight. It's going to be a long long ride.

valentina5
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby valentina5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am

Zarathustraspoke wrote:just got placed on reserve--bummer-- anyone know if they dig deep into their reserve list??


Also on reserve...the email makes it seem like it's not that bad to be on this list...lol...IDK if we have a shot or not...I hope so tho :D

Guicciardini
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Guicciardini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 pm

valentina5 wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:just got placed on reserve--bummer-- anyone know if they dig deep into their reserve list??


Also on reserve...the email makes it seem like it's not that bad to be on this list...lol...IDK if we have a shot or not...I hope so tho :D


All reserve/hold emails that I've ever gotten are like that. We're pretty much screwed. :(

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Perch » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 pm

if you don't mind my asking, when did those who just got reserve decisions go complete? thanks.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby PinkCow » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Perch wrote:if you don't mind my asking, when did those who just got reserve decisions go complete? thanks.



Everybody getting reserved were 2/16 reviewers. I'm 2/16. Nothing yet :? :? :? :? :?

Only a matter of time.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

PinkCow wrote:
Perch wrote:if you don't mind my asking, when did those who just got reserve decisions go complete? thanks.



Everybody getting reserved were 2/16 reviewers. I'm 2/16. Nothing yet :? :? :? :? :?

Only a matter of time.


I'm anxiously awaiting signs of life from Cornell, and hope I don't get put on reserves or (worse) dinged out-right.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby PinkCow » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm

neonx wrote:
PinkCow wrote:
Perch wrote:if you don't mind my asking, when did those who just got reserve decisions go complete? thanks.



Everybody getting reserved were 2/16 reviewers. I'm 2/16. Nothing yet :? :? :? :? :?

Only a matter of time.


I'm anxiously awaiting signs of life from Cornell, and hope I don't get put on reserves or (worse) dinged out-right.



Cornell's pretty much my top choice. Honestly, I think I'd rather just get denied than have my life hang in the balance for 3+ more months.

quetzal_bird
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:45 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby quetzal_bird » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 pm

On Reserve

Applied 11/28. I went complete 2/1 and then UR 2/4. Updated 2/10 and 2/16

quetzal_bird
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:45 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby quetzal_bird » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 pm

also, plan on withdrawing my app

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby planQ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Ir again 2/18. Complete 2/1, ir1 2/10, ir2 2/16->ir3 2/18

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby spacepenguin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm

quetzal_bird wrote:On Reserve

Applied 11/28. I went complete 2/1 and then UR 2/4. Updated 2/10 and 2/16



The hell? I thought you'd be a shoe in.

Guicciardini
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Guicciardini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:07 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
quetzal_bird wrote:On Reserve

Applied 11/28. I went complete 2/1 and then UR 2/4. Updated 2/10 and 2/16



The hell? I thought you'd be a shoe in.


This seems like Cornell jerking people around - which is pretty cruel after having the worst response time in the *top 50 or 100*, let alone the better schools. I mean, for Christsakes, I might be more of a borderline candidate, but q_b can go to bloody Chicago, and tell those bastards to get stuffed.

PS: q_b you should definitely tell them to GFY




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”