Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Skyhook
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Skyhook » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 am

mths wrote:http://shouldigotolawschool.net/


To the point! :lol:

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mr_toad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 am

To the pain...

Guicciardini
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Guicciardini » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 am

sarahlawg wrote:complete at cornell! FINALLY! now to wait 8-12 weeks??


For christsakes, am I the only 11/23 person still waiting to be complete? Still stuck at 1/12 processing :(

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 am

For christsakes, am I the only 11/23 person still waiting to be complete? Still stuck at 1/12 processing



nope. same exact dates. I'm buggin out

Guicciardini
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Guicciardini » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 am

modmx wrote:
For christsakes, am I the only 11/23 person still waiting to be complete? Still stuck at 1/12 processing



nope. same exact dates. I'm buggin out


If you don't mind me asking, did you apply for the regular JD or one of the joint programs?

I hold a suspicion that, perhaps, applying for the JD/LLM in International Law has slowed down my application.

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 am

Nope. Its my misery that I missed the EA deadline and this is the punishment

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rman1201 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 am

Has anyone gone straight from Complete to Decision or is there always an intermediate "Under Review" phase?

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:17 am

wow 11/23 here just went complete. Glad it happened before the world ends...

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:wow 11/23 here just went complete. Glad it happened before the world ends...


Still processing at 11/30 here.

According to George Lucas, I have until 2012 until the world ends, so I should be good.

8)

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby francisConn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Still processing 12/7 :)

Frankie55
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Frankie55 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Anyone have any idea when people heard back on the Dean's Scholarships (or any scholarships) last year?

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby planQ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:wow 11/23 here just went complete. Glad it happened before the world ends...


Still processing at 11/30 here.

According to George Lucas, I have until 2012 until the world ends, so I should be good.

8)

+1

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Ginj wrote:
mths wrote:http://shouldigotolawschool.net/


mths is always just a little ray of sunshine.

:D

now that I have something to do this summer I'm a little happier about being here

this should last till I crack open tomorrow's reading

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

well, saw that I went complete this morning, and now it says I'm UR... did someone light a fire under their bum?

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:35 pm

sarahlawg wrote:well, saw that I went complete this morning, and now it says I'm UR... did someone light a fire under their bum?


I feel as if a congrats is in order lol. When did you submit?

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm

RJ127 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:well, saw that I went complete this morning, and now it says I'm UR... did someone light a fire under their bum?


I feel as if a congrats is in order lol. When did you submit?


haha too early to tell for that...they did say 8-12 weeks.
honestly they owe it to me considering people with my dates (submitted 11/21) went complete a week ago!

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:well, saw that I went complete this morning, and now it says I'm UR... did someone light a fire under their bum?


I feel as if a congrats is in order lol. When did you submit?


haha too early to tell for that...they did say 8-12 weeks.
honestly they owe it to me considering people with my dates (submitted 11/21) went complete a week ago!


Oh I meant to say congrats on seeing movement...sorry...def don't want to jinx you.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

submitted 12/20, still not complete...sigh.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:48 pm

I've been processing since 1/7. Should I not expect to hear anything from these guys until at least March?

User avatar
TR Fan
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby TR Fan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
TR Fan wrote:Accepted via email! Very pleased and surprised given that my numbers made me a long shot (3.7, mid-160s). As tempting as Cornell is however, the lack of job opportunities in Ithaca for my fiancee to pursue is a concern that will weigh heavily on our ultimate decision...


what's your fiancee's field?


Broadly speaking, she's in international education (e.g., education programs in developing nations, bringing foreign students to the US, etc.). The job market has been brutal in our current home, D.C., the past few years, and I can only imagine how abysmal it must be in Ithaca.

Now if only Cornell could offer her a job in their own international affairs department....

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:08 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Oh I meant to say congrats on seeing movement...sorry...def don't want to jinx you.


lol I should be happy with Cornell right now considering they're actually the *only* movement I've seen since 1/7ish. Uhm, thanks Cornell?

TR Fan wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
TR Fan wrote:Accepted via email! Very pleased and surprised given that my numbers made me a long shot (3.7, mid-160s). As tempting as Cornell is however, the lack of job opportunities in Ithaca for my fiancee to pursue is a concern that will weigh heavily on our ultimate decision...


what's your fiancee's field?


Broadly speaking, she's in international education (e.g., education programs in developing nations, bringing foreign students to the US, etc.). The job market has been brutal in our current home, D.C., the past few years, and I can only imagine how abysmal it must be in Ithaca.

Now if only Cornell could offer her a job in their own international affairs department....


oh yeah, that's a tough one. If you decide on Cornell, good luck to her!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:33 pm

TR Fan wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
TR Fan wrote:Accepted via email! Very pleased and surprised given that my numbers made me a long shot (3.7, mid-160s). As tempting as Cornell is however, the lack of job opportunities in Ithaca for my fiancee to pursue is a concern that will weigh heavily on our ultimate decision...


what's your fiancee's field?


Broadly speaking, she's in international education (e.g., education programs in developing nations, bringing foreign students to the US, etc.). The job market has been brutal in our current home, D.C., the past few years, and I can only imagine how abysmal it must be in Ithaca.

Now if only Cornell could offer her a job in their own international affairs department....


Definitely make this point known to the school to see if they have any suggestions to help.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 pm

CyLaw wrote:
TR Fan wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
TR Fan wrote:Accepted via email! Very pleased and surprised given that my numbers made me a long shot (3.7, mid-160s). As tempting as Cornell is however, the lack of job opportunities in Ithaca for my fiancee to pursue is a concern that will weigh heavily on our ultimate decision...


what's your fiancee's field?


Broadly speaking, she's in international education (e.g., education programs in developing nations, bringing foreign students to the US, etc.). The job market has been brutal in our current home, D.C., the past few years, and I can only imagine how abysmal it must be in Ithaca.

Now if only Cornell could offer her a job in their own international affairs department....


Definitely make this point known to the school to see if they have any suggestions to help.


Wow shows that softs do matter. With a 3.7/mid 160's! Grats!

csoloski
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby csoloski » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm

As anyone received information about the ask Cornell portion of the admitted students website? Or received any information besides the alumni mag and admitted students binder?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Finally complete! Hallelujah!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests