Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nyckid
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby nyckid » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:57 pm

In this morning. Thought I had missed the EA deadline when my file didn't go complete until 12/2. 3.78/171.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 pm

In via email. 168/4.0 :D

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:In via email. 168/4.0 :D

ZOMG CONGRATS! <3 <3 <3

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 pm

congrats to everyone!
I have been processing for a month... can't wait for them to realize I exist!

BHDLaw
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby BHDLaw » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:23 pm

sarahlawg wrote:congrats to everyone!
I have been processing for a month... can't wait for them to realize I exist!


In the same boat! Agreed! But, congrats to those admitted!!!

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mr_toad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:20 pm

In, 170/3.7. Congrats to everyone! Def'ly one of my top choices :)

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby DeeCee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 am

BHDLaw wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:congrats to everyone!
I have been processing for a month... can't wait for them to realize I exist!


In the same boat! Agreed! But, congrats to those admitted!!!


Me too. I've been processing since 11/16, and chose EA. Does this mean I will not be considered for EA, though my app was submitted by the 11/15 deadline? Or did it have to be submitted by 11/1? I was confused about this.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:11 am

I finally got to leave that hellhole and you guys are stoked to get there??

User avatar
bananaboat29
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bananaboat29 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Just went from processing 11/5 to processing 12/21. Still not complete even though they should have everything. Guess it's time to call...

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:Just went from processing 11/5 to processing 12/21. Still not complete even though they should have everything. Guess it's time to call...

+1
at least its some kind of update...

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:37 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
bananaboat29 wrote:Just went from processing 11/5 to processing 12/21. Still not complete even though they should have everything. Guess it's time to call...

+1
at least its some kind of update...


Me too. Blah.

jborn
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby jborn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:03 pm

I applied EA, but am still processing as of 11/12 :(

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
bananaboat29 wrote:Just went from processing 11/5 to processing 12/21. Still not complete even though they should have everything. Guess it's time to call...

+1
at least its some kind of update...


Me too. Blah.


+1

User avatar
calilaw
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby calilaw » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:23 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
bananaboat29 wrote:Just went from processing 11/5 to processing 12/21. Still not complete even though they should have everything. Guess it's time to call...

+1
at least its some kind of update...


Me too. Blah.


Same here, went from Processing 11/8 to Processing 12/21. I don't get why they wouldn't change it to "complete."

bafanahoy
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bafanahoy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:52 pm

.
Last edited by bafanahoy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby IsleMet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm

bafanahoy wrote:Anyone else still waiting for a Cornell EA decision? I'm still UR 12/10. Is it correct to assume that tomorrow is the last day for a decision ("mid-late December" decision)?



My EA application is UR as of 11/29...It is driving me crazy. I hope they're not waiting until the end of this week to give out rejections. Have any EA applicants received rejections/WL yet?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

IsleMet wrote:
bafanahoy wrote:Anyone else still waiting for a Cornell EA decision? I'm still UR 12/10. Is it correct to assume that tomorrow is the last day for a decision ("mid-late December" decision)?



My EA application is UR as of 11/29...It is driving me crazy. I hope they're not waiting until the end of this week to give out rejections. Have any EA applicants received rejections/WL yet?


There are definitely EA applicants who have been rejected already.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby IsleMet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
IsleMet wrote:
bafanahoy wrote:Anyone else still waiting for a Cornell EA decision? I'm still UR 12/10. Is it correct to assume that tomorrow is the last day for a decision ("mid-late December" decision)?



My EA application is UR as of 11/29...It is driving me crazy. I hope they're not waiting until the end of this week to give out rejections. Have any EA applicants received rejections/WL yet?


There are definitely EA applicants who have been rejected already.



Well that's good to hear at least. Maybe I'm borderline and they're waiting until Wednesday to give me the great news :)

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 pm

So I hate to double post but I'm just about ready to send off my Cornell App and noticed that in the application instructions they stress that it must be written by an academic who has taught you.

My first letter is written by an academic who has taught me.
My second was written by an academic at the same university who has not taught me, but who has worked closely with me over the years(I would say she knows me as well or better than the first one)

I don't want to wait until January to get back to school and hunt down LORs if there's any way this is acceptable.

Anyone else had this experience here?

mink1656
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mink1656 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Congrats on those who are admitted!! How long do they typically take to review my files...? This is so frustrating. My files have been processing forever since 11/20!!!

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Submitted 3 days ago, with a 168/3.8 I'm guessing I'm waitlisted with mediocre PS/Softs and late app gluck to all us late applicants!!! :D :D

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby JJDancer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Likely won't go complete at Cornell for a bit. Waiting for them to process a Dean's Cert.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kjadkins » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:21 am

JJDancer wrote:Likely won't go complete at Cornell for a bit. Waiting for them to process a Dean's Cert.


Do you need that to be considered complete? For some reason when I was reading the app I thought it made it sound like you don't need one unless they request one. But I might have mis-read it.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 am

kjadkins wrote:
JJDancer wrote:Likely won't go complete at Cornell for a bit. Waiting for them to process a Dean's Cert.


Do you need that to be considered complete? For some reason when I was reading the app I thought it made it sound like you don't need one unless they request one. But I might have mis-read it.

I answered yes to a question that basically said 'if you say yes, we will want a dean cert.'
So I printed the Dean Cert request form, mailed it to my UG, and they claim to have sent it out to Cornell already.
So...I'll see what happens.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby lisjjen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am

So that whole... "by early to mid-December thing."

hmmmmmmmm........

Look Cornell, you don't need to say yes for me to love myself. I can always go to Texas or Vandy. But you need to say something before I go crazy.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”