Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:40 pm

11/9 also in review as of today

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:49 pm

been 'processing'
FOR EVER

hate.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:been 'processing'
FOR EVER

hate.


+1. How come people who applied after me have already gone in review? So not fair.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Perch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 pm

hmm. i don't remember seeing this question. oops.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?


No idea. Maybe give you a chance to name drop alumni? I took it to be school specific, so for me I listed my Uncle who's a professor at the college of arts and sciences there, whom I used to visit every summer.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?


I think I put "N/A" :lol:

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 pm

In Review today! Complete 10/28. submitted. Received 9/29.

I know Ithaca and Cornell really well. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me!

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?

"Andy Bernard from The Office"

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby artichoke » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

mths wrote:
Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?

"Andy Bernard from The Office"


ahahahaha, I literally just lol'ed.

In all seriousness, I left it blank. I assumed it was simply a place to state whether or not you were connected with staff or alumni, which I am not.

agoldst426
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby agoldst426 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

daisyduke wrote:In Review today! Complete 10/28. submitted. Received 9/29.

I know Ithaca and Cornell really well. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me!


+1

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Perch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm

artichoke wrote:
mths wrote:
Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?

"Andy Bernard from The Office"


ahahahaha, I literally just lol'ed.

In all seriousness, I left it blank. I assumed it was simply a place to state whether or not you were connected with staff or alumni, which I am not.


that makes sense...I guess I'm hesitant to leave it blank in case they just want to call someone to discuss you as a person, but it's just a weird question all and all

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:58 pm

artichoke wrote:
mths wrote:
Perch wrote:
Perch wrote:why do you guys think they ask for the people who influenced you to apply? appropriate to put my former boss who is a lawyer and then my father...?


sorry to bump my own question I'm just close to submitting...what did you guys do there?

"Andy Bernard from The Office"


ahahahaha, I literally just lol'ed.

In all seriousness, I left it blank. I assumed it was simply a place to state whether or not you were connected with staff or alumni, which I am not.

I left it blank. They let me in. Don't make shit up or try to reach for things you think they might like just to make yourself look better.

Also, 11pm in the library is not fun. Reconsider law school in general.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 am

mths wrote:I left it blank. They let me in. Don't make shit up or try to reach for things you think they might like just to make yourself look better.

Also, 11pm in the library is not fun. Reconsider law school in general.


How is this different from undergrad? Or is that just me?

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
mths wrote:I left it blank. They let me in. Don't make shit up or try to reach for things you think they might like just to make yourself look better.

Also, 11pm in the library is not fun. Reconsider law school in general.


How is this different from undergrad? Or is that just me?


Prob b/c in undergrad you only do that one night before an exam :lol:

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:55 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
mths wrote:I left it blank. They let me in. Don't make shit up or try to reach for things you think they might like just to make yourself look better.

Also, 11pm in the library is not fun. Reconsider law school in general.


How is this different from undergrad? Or is that just me?


naw im there with ya. This guy just thinks undergrads dont study after 8 bc thats what time the cornell law library closes for undergrads lol

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

HowdyYall wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
mths wrote:I left it blank. They let me in. Don't make shit up or try to reach for things you think they might like just to make yourself look better.

Also, 11pm in the library is not fun. Reconsider law school in general.


How is this different from undergrad? Or is that just me?


naw im there with ya. This guy just thinks undergrads dont study after 8 bc thats what time the cornell law library closes for undergrads lol


:curses something under his breath about senior theses:

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mistermister » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 am

I submitted 10/26 and got a status checker immediately, but have been processing ever since. Is anybody else getting nervous about being complete by November 15 for EA? Do you think there's any latitude afforded on the deadline? I was thinking of waiting it out until the end of the week and calling... or is that being too big of a pest?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kk19131 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 am

mistermister wrote:I submitted 10/26 and got a status checker immediately, but have been processing ever since. Is anybody else getting nervous about being complete by November 15 for EA? Do you think there's any latitude afforded on the deadline? I was thinking of waiting it out until the end of the week and calling... or is that being too big of a pest?




You don't read before you post, huh?

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bumi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm

I submitted my application in the first week of October, and it is still "processing." I wonder if I'm the earliest submitter that is still incomplete.

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby jpk5372 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Bumi wrote:I submitted my application in the first week of October, and it is still "processing." I wonder if I'm the earliest submitter that is still incomplete.


I'm early october and still processing too. High five?

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Bumi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
Bumi wrote:I submitted my application in the first week of October, and it is still "processing." I wonder if I'm the earliest submitter that is still incomplete.


I'm early october and still processing too. High five?


Where's the high five animoticon!!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby vegenator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

cruelestgame wrote:11/9 also in review as of today

+1

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Just got the early action complete email

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Knock wrote:Just got the early action complete email


Submit date?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”