Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bleedblue

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bleedblue » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm

In this afternoon! Consideration for Deans Scholarship.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Grats on the acceptances to everyone!

Deferred for RD. Same thing happened when I applied to college. Penn deferred me for ED and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't want to kiss their butt with a letter saying how badly I wanted to attend. So, I didn't and attended a different ivy that accepted me RD and have been thrilled about the decision.
Same thing happening now. Cornell deferred me for RD and have that nasty taste in my mouth again. Will most likely attend that T14 that showed me their love right from the beginning. GULC

CORNELL DEFERRED ME TOO BUT I GOT INTO PENN ED ANYWAY SO YOU ALL SUCK AND CORNELL ISN'T A REAL IVY ANYWAY HA HA HA HAVE FUN AT YOUR TTT.

Remind you of somebody? Feel free to take your time before you make a guess.

+37. I loled

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:28 pm

beachbum wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Grats on the acceptances to everyone!

Deferred for RD. Same thing happened when I applied to college. Penn deferred me for ED and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't want to kiss their butt with a letter saying how badly I wanted to attend. So, I didn't and attended a different ivy that accepted me RD and have been thrilled about the decision.
Same thing happening now. Cornell deferred me for RD and have that nasty taste in my mouth again. Will most likely attend that T14 that showed me their love right from the beginning. GULC

CORNELL DEFERRED ME TOO BUT I GOT INTO PENN ED ANYWAY SO YOU ALL SUCK AND CORNELL ISN'T A REAL IVY ANYWAY HA HA HA HAVE FUN AT YOUR TTT.

Remind you of somebody? Feel free to take your time before you make a guess.

+37. I loled

You should really watch what you say. Not a smart idea to trash a school. Someone who ran a blog called Sucolitis is in big trouble for trashing Syracuse Law. Read about it in the Syracuse Univ, school paper.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

masterthearts wrote:You should really watch what you say. Not a smart idea to trash a school. Someone who ran a blog called Sucolitis is in big trouble for trashing Syracuse Law. Read about it in the Syracuse Univ, school paper.

You are so obtuse it makes me want to cry.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:You should really watch what you say. Not a smart idea to trash a school. Someone who ran a blog called Sucolitis is in big trouble for trashing Syracuse Law. Read about it in the Syracuse Univ, school paper.

BUT HE GOT ACCEPTED TO GULC!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm

beachbum wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Great call, Georgetown...

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

Oh god, I don't get it. Which means I am obtuse as well. I always go through my day feeling smart until I log on to TLS, where I subsequently feel totally inadequate and get an uncontrollable urge to drink copious amounts of whiskey.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
beachbum wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Great call, Georgetown...

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 pm

masterthearts wrote:Let's make a deal, you call Georgetown, I call Penn

Since you are clearly unable to detect sarcasm, I'll spell it all out for you.

I was making fun of YOU and YOUR endless trolling of other threads, in which you brag about Georgetown and shit on the other school in question.

I was NOT bashing Cornell. I was bashing YOUR inability to be modest and accept the fact that other schools may not let you in because your numbers ARE on the lower side (this is not to bash your numbers; mine are low for the T14 as well).

You got lucky at Georgetown and I got lucky at Penn. The difference between the two of us is that I don't feel the need to spread it all over TLS.

When I said "great call, Georgetown," I was rolling my eyes, and again, being sarcastic, implying that they made the wrong choice by admitting you. I'm not actually going to call Georgetown and try to get your admission revoked. I think you're a tool, but I have no interest in trying to ruin your life.

Have I made myself clear enough for you?

We're both guilty of derailing this thread, so why not let this end here. To all Cornell applicants still in the running, I wish you the best of luck!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:49 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

I was making fun of YOU and YOUR endless trolling of other threads, in which you brag about Georgetown and shit on the other school in question.

I was NOT bashing Cornell. I was bashing YOUR inability to be modest and accept the fact that other schools may not let you in because your numbers ARE on the lower side (this is not to bash your numbers; mine are low for the T14 as well).

You got lucky at Georgetown and I got lucky at Penn. The difference between the two of us is that I don't feel the need to spread it all over TLS.

When I said "great call, Georgetown," I was rolling my eyes, and again, being sarcastic, implying that they made the wrong choice by admitting you. I'm not actually going to call Georgetown and try to get your admission revoked. I think you're a tool, but I have no interest in trying to ruin your life.

We're both guilty of derailing this thread, so why not let this end here. To all Cornell applicants still in the running, I wish you the best of luck!

+1. There's no reason to run around completely irrelevant threads posting about how you got into a different school. Or pretending you're better than everyone else for it.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:50 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

I was making fun of YOU and YOUR endless trolling of other threads, bragging about Georgetown and shitting on the other school in question.

You should really watch what you say. Not a smart idea to trash an IVY LEAGUE class of 2001 graduate. Read about it ITT.

Congrats to all the Cornell admits. But be prepared to be underwhelmed by their mailing!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

I think you're my new favorite poster.

mst

Postby mst » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

Thank god somebody said it... If I opened one more [Insert t14 here] applicant 2011 thread and saw MH bragging about his GULC I was going to drive up to Cornell and jump off a bridge...

mths

Postby mths » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

lol I hope next year's 1Ls are like this irl

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:21 pm

mrmangs wrote:
You should really watch what you say. Not a smart idea to trash an IVY LEAGUE class of 2001 graduate. Read about it ITT.

Congrats to all the Cornell admits. But be prepared to be underwhelmed by their mailing!

After Michigan's impressive packet, Cornell's seemed incredibly lackluster...

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 pm

In today!!

Applied 10/25, went complete sometime in November, last status update was 12/06. Median LSAT, slightly above median GPA.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:38 pm

mst wrote:Thank god somebody said it... If I opened one more [Insert t14 here] applicant 2011 thread and saw MH bragging about his GULC I was going to drive up to Cornell and jump off a bridge...

That guy is still posting? Jesus.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
mst wrote:Thank god somebody said it... If I opened one more [Insert t14 here] applicant 2011 thread and saw MH bragging about his GULC I was going to drive up to Cornell and jump off a bridge...

Why is it that everyone on TLS automatically assumes posters are male? Or is it that "he" is our default meant to refer to both sexes?

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 pm

artichoke wrote:Why is it that everyone on TLS automatically assumes posters are male? Or is it that "he" is our default meant to refer to both sexes?

Rule 30. There are no girls on the internet.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

artichoke wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:

Why is it that everyone on TLS automatically assumes posters are male? Or is it that "he" is our default meant to refer to both sexes?

Perhaps it's because boasting is a stereotypically male trait?

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry about the gender assumption. It's sort of complimentary. If I accidentally call a female poster "he," she'll correct me and that's that. If I call a male poster "she," I will have wounded his sensitive male ego and he will probably cry over a fire made of TTT spam mail.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

This thread is LOLZ.

--ImageRemoved--

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:This thread is LOLZ.

--ImageRemoved--

My god.. this graph may be the best thing I have ever seen.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:07 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:Sorry about the gender assumption. It's sort of complimentary. If I accidentally call a female poster "he," she'll correct me and that's that. If I call a male poster "she," I will have wounded his sensitive male ego and he will probably cry over a fire made of TTT spam mail.

Haha, ok, I retract my defensive reactionary statement.

HeavenWood wrote:Perhaps it's because boasting is a stereotypically male trait?

True as well. Ah, I pity you men.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:10 pm

artichoke wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:Sorry about the gender assumption. It's sort of complimentary. If I accidentally call a female poster "he," she'll correct me and that's that. If I call a male poster "she," I will have wounded his sensitive male ego and he will probably cry over a fire made of TTT spam mail.

Haha, ok, I retract my defensive reactionary statement.

HeavenWood wrote:Perhaps it's because boasting is a stereotypically male trait?

True as well. Ah, I pity you men.

The easier earning potential and not having to go through childbirth to have children makes up for it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”