Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
oscodasa
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby oscodasa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am

applepiecrust wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Sorry to keep harping on the dates, but do you remember roughly when you submitted? (Like, "early October," some range like that?) Either way, Congratulations! That is awesome.


Yeah, I do remember THAT. I submitted on 10/31, it was received on 11/1, complete on 11/17. Hope this helps?


Yikes, I have the same dates. Here's hoping!

athletics005
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby athletics005 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 am

IN! Got the email 7:30 PST. Submitted 10/22. Complete 11/15. Under Review 11/29 --> 12/06.

Stats 167/4.1x

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 am

Congrats to all who were admitted! Were you guys all EA?

User avatar
bananaboat29
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bananaboat29 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Submitted my application on 11/5 and it has been "processing" since then. No components are missing. Do you think I should call the admissions office to check on its status? I'm RD...


I'm wondering the same thing. Submitted 11/2 and processing since 11/5...

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HowdyYall » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 pm

In EMAIL. Submitted 11/1 complete 11/17

I was EA

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 pm

I was EA as well.

bigwillie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby bigwillie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Submitted my application on 11/5 and it has been "processing" since then. No components are missing. Do you think I should call the admissions office to check on its status? I'm RD...


I'm wondering the same thing. Submitted 11/2 and processing since 11/5...


I wouldn't worry about it, I had a similar submit date and am still processing. I think its the norm to be processing for a month or more, and I imagine most of their focus is on getting all the EA apps out, I'm sure we'll go complete soon.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:14 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Sorry to keep harping on the dates, but do you remember roughly when you submitted? (Like, "early October," some range like that?) Either way, Congratulations! That is awesome.


Yeah, I do remember THAT. I submitted on 10/31, it was received on 11/1, complete on 11/17. Hope this helps?


Thanks, it does immensely. I submitted 10/26, so I am a little sad to be still UR (since 12/1 --> 12/7). But my complete date was 11/19 - a little later than most who have heard back today - so perhaps I will hear in the next few days.

Hooray for everyone who heard this morning!

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Sorry to keep harping on the dates, but do you remember roughly when you submitted? (Like, "early October," some range like that?) Either way, Congratulations! That is awesome.


Yeah, I do remember THAT. I submitted on 10/31, it was received on 11/1, complete on 11/17. Hope this helps?


Thanks, it does immensely. I submitted 10/26, so I am a little sad to be still UR (since 12/1 --> 12/7). But my complete date was 11/19 - a little later than most who have heard back today - so perhaps I will hear in the next few days.

Hooray for everyone who heard this morning!


Maybe us 12/7ers will hear (good things) tomorrow?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Just an FYI, the Cornell dates arent really as relevant as they are at other schools. I applied 8/29, been complete since 10/11 and im still just UR 11/18 with no response.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 pm

timmna wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Sorry to keep harping on the dates, but do you remember roughly when you submitted? (Like, "early October," some range like that?) Either way, Congratulations! That is awesome.


Yeah, I do remember THAT. I submitted on 10/31, it was received on 11/1, complete on 11/17. Hope this helps?


Thanks, it does immensely. I submitted 10/26, so I am a little sad to be still UR (since 12/1 --> 12/7). But my complete date was 11/19 - a little later than most who have heard back today - so perhaps I will hear in the next few days.

Hooray for everyone who heard this morning!


Maybe us 12/7ers will hear (good things) tomorrow?


yes! =)

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:41 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just an FYI, the Cornell dates arent really as relevant as they are at other schools. I applied 8/29, been complete since 10/11 and im still just UR 11/18 with no response.


:shock: Maybe holding you for YP? (Given the success of the rest of your cycle and how Cornell has been acting so far this year.) Then again, in that case they probably would have deferred you by now. So yeah, maybe the dates don't mean as much.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Just an FYI, the Cornell dates arent really as relevant as they are at other schools. I applied 8/29, been complete since 10/11 and im still just UR 11/18 with no response.


:shock: Maybe holding you for YP? (Given the success of the rest of your cycle and how Cornell has been acting so far this year.) Then again, in that case they probably would have deferred you by now. So yeah, maybe the dates don't mean as much.


This might not make a difference either, but 12/7 is my updated UR date, not my original date. Actually, let me rephrase that. This probably doesn't make a difference either.

ndbrenner
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ndbrenner » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Just deferred via e-mail.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 pm

ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.

sorry man. no small # of applicants who'll get into great schools have shared your fate. what were your #'s if you don't mind sharing?

ndbrenner
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby ndbrenner » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:18 pm

justadude55 wrote:
ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.

sorry man. no small # of applicants who'll get into great schools have shared your fate. what were your #'s if you don't mind sharing?


I'll PM #'s if interested.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm

jjjj
Last edited by justadude55 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mez06 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Just got the DEFERRED email. Basically saying I can be considered for Regular Admission if I choose. What is the significance of deferred/what can I take from such a decision in my chances?

The hell does it mean!? LOL

Keats
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Keats » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm

ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.


Me too. Bummer. How badly does this diminish our chances of admission?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I was deferred with a 166/3.94, which is odd because yesterday, I e-mailed the office asking them to withdraw my application (nearly every other school confirmed my request within hours).
Last edited by HeavenWood on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:22 pm

HeavenWood wrote:I was deferred with a 166/3.94, which is odd because yesterday, I e-mailed the office asking them to withdraw my application.

u getting into penn helped their ranking lol.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Keats wrote:
ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.


Me too. Bummer. How badly does this diminish our chances of admission?

what day was your under review updated to?>

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:23 pm

HeavenWood wrote:I was deferred with a 166/3.94, which is odd because yesterday, I e-mailed the office asking them to withdraw my application (nearly every other school confirmed my request within hours).


lol

Keats
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Keats » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:25 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Keats wrote:
ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.


Me too. Bummer. How badly does this diminish our chances of admission?

what day was your under review updated to?>


Last I looked it was 12/1 UR.
Now it says Deferred to regular applicant pool 12/9.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Keats wrote:
ndbrenner wrote:Just deferred via e-mail.


Me too. Bummer. How badly does this diminish our chances of admission?


It depends. They didn't just defer candidates on the cusp like me. They deferred quite a few overqualified applicants as well. Cornell seems to be practicing a bit of YP this cycle.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChodeAnalBead, Christinabruin, funzies and 8 guests