Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kswizzie

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Kswizzie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Sorry all u Cornell ivy hopeful but no one knows Cornell is an ivy. Hell, my gf and her friends went to an elite boarding school in NE and they didn't even realize Columbia was ivy. So either get into Harvard/Yale/Penn or end dreams of arbitrary. elitism

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/bplb ... y-Bernard-

mths

Postby mths » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:32 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Ludacrispat26 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Also, what is with this weird obsession with the Ivy League that I've been seeing in law school admissions (and just generally)?

It's the brand name; sure, [insert school here] may be a "better" law school than Cornell, but when it comes to getting jobs, the ivy league name matters.

Lolz at the elitism noob. Vault ranks schools soley on the marketability of their graduates and Stanford, UMich, NYU, UVA and UChi all come before the first Ivy. Don't confuse lay presteige with market potency. People in the know know, you know?

Exactly, you sure do get a pretty building though.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm

thecilent wrote:
Also: Just checked my status and I gots a new 12/6 date. hmmmm

Me too!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm still at 12/02. I'm scrizzled. =/

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'm still at 12/02. I'm scrizzled. =/

Changing dates are not indicative of acceptance or rejection. Relax.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'm still at 12/02. I'm scrizzled. =/

Changing dates are not indicative of acceptance or rejection. Relax.

I'm like Marc Anthony. I need to know, please dear Cornell tell me, I need to knowwwww.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:15 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Sorry all u Cornell ivy hopeful but no one knows Cornell is an ivy. Hell, my gf and her friends went to an elite boarding school in NE and they didn't even realize Columbia was ivy. So either get into Harvard/Yale/Penn or end dreams of arbitrary. elitism

This is just not true. People in the Northeast are well aware that Cornell is an Ivy!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Emma1 wrote:

This is just not true. People in the Northeast are well aware that Cornell is an Ivy!

I don't know about you guys, but when I hear "Cornell," I think of the Iowa liberal arts college.

http://www.cornellcollege.edu/

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Emma1 wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but when I hear "Cornell," I think of the Iowa liberal arts college.

Funny that you mention that, because when I hear Penn, I think of Penn State

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:27 pm

masterthearts wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Emma1 wrote:

Funny that you mention that, because when I hear Penn, I think of Penn State

When I hear Northwestern, I think of Lewis & Clark.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Emma1 wrote:

Haha.. my gf and all her friends went to one of like the Harvard/Yale of high schools (Phillips Exeter/Phillips Andover) and they all lol when someone calls Cornell an Ivy as if thats supposed to garner respect. You have a better chance of getting "Ivy prestige" by getting Hopkins to start a law school than by going to Cornell.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:32 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Haha.. my gf and all her friends went to one of like the Harvard/Yale of high schools (Phillips Exeter/Phillips Andover) and they all lol when someone calls Cornell an Ivy as if thats supposed to garner respect.

People like that need reality to give them a swift kick in the face.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Haha.. my gf and all her friends went to one of like the Harvard/Yale of high schools (Phillips Exeter/Phillips Andover) and they all lol when someone calls Cornell an Ivy as if thats supposed to garner respect.

Not as in its a bad school, just LOLing at the type of ppl who like to throw out the Cornell name for "Ivy prestige" effect. They usually think they are supposed to be getting Harvard/Yale/Princeton respect for going to cornell.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Not as in its a bad school, just LOLing at the type of ppl who like to throw out the Cornell name for "Ivy prestige" effect. They usually think they are supposed to be getting Harvard/Yale/Princeton respect for going to cornell.

I see, you mean the Andy Bernard types.

Still, regardless of what school you attend, it's absurdly annoying to imply that its prestige automatically makes you the most special among the special snowflakes; invincible to reproach and automatically destined for greatness--even if it's Princeton, Yale, or Hahvahd.

mths

Postby mths » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Much more credible to throw out high school names to garner respect.

mst

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Not as in its a bad school, just LOLing at the type of ppl who like to throw out the Cornell name for "Ivy prestige" effect. They usually think they are supposed to be getting Harvard/Yale/Princeton respect for going to cornell.

I would give somebody who went to Cornell the same amount of respect as somebody who went to HYP if that counts. But I would also give the same level of respect to someone who went to HYP as I would to somebody who went to county community college. I wasn't raised to change the level of respect I give dependent on the school somebody went to...

brosef stalin

Postby brosef stalin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:41 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Haha.. my gf and all her friends went to one of like the Harvard/Yale of high schools (Phillips Exeter/Phillips Andover) and they all lol when someone calls Cornell an Ivy as if thats supposed to garner respect. You have a better chance of getting "Ivy prestige" by getting Hopkins to start a law school than by going to Cornell.

They sound like awful, awful people.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 pm

brosef stalin wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Haha.. my gf and all her friends went to one of like the Harvard/Yale of high schools (Phillips Exeter/Phillips Andover) and they all lol when someone calls Cornell an Ivy as if thats supposed to garner respect. You have a better chance of getting "Ivy prestige" by getting Hopkins to start a law school than by going to Cornell.

They sound like awful, awful people.

Welcome to the Northeast buddy. If it makes you all feel better, I dont respect anyone. Just trolling the guys/gals who were talking about the "ivy name" making it a better choice than like umich for employment.
Last edited by rundoxierun on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al2546

Postby al2546 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 pm

i go to Cornell UG...employers are always impressed with Cornell...idk if its the same way with law schools...but i would imagine the Cornell name goes a long way...strong alumni base

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:45 pm

mst wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Not as in its a bad school, just LOLing at the type of ppl who like to throw out the Cornell name for "Ivy prestige" effect. They usually think they are supposed to be getting Harvard/Yale/Princeton respect for going to cornell.

I would give somebody who went to Cornell the same amount of respect as somebody who went to HYP if that counts. But I would also give the same level of respect to someone who went to HYP as I would to somebody who went to county community college. I wasn't raised to change the level of respect I give dependent on the school somebody went to...

thisssssssss guyyyyyyyy....

hellome

Postby hellome » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:48 pm

hm that's a lot of cornell hate...

while a lot of people don't recognize that cornell is an ivy
to not know columbia is an ivy in the northeast is very, very rare
i grew up in the northeast and many of my friends went to boarding schools in the area as well

i understand your point but it seems a bit exaggerated

mst wrote:

+1

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 pm

hellome wrote:

hm that's a lot of cornell hate...

while a lot of people don't recognize that cornell is an ivy
to not know columbia is an ivy in the northeast is very, very rare
i grew up in the northeast and many of my friends went to boarding schools in the area as well

i understand your point but it seems a bit exaggerated

Funny thing is that I actually love Cornell as a school. Just messing. The Columbia thing is more b/c its NYC I think. Of course they all know its a super, super school but some just dont make the connection with it being in NYC.

Sorry for the derail... continue on with the transformation into nervous wrecks.

123xalady

Postby 123xalady » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:14 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

I went to one of those boarding schools and I think Cornell is wonnnnderful--stop spreading hate 8)

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 pm

pffffffft... I went to Oxford. All you bitches aint shit.

username99

Postby username99 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 pm

This conversation is ridiculous. I'm more interested in whether those whose dates changed to 12/6 today are being admitted/rejected...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”