Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DreamShake

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby DreamShake » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 am

eskimo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
DreamShake wrote: If someone wants to go to Cornell--or an Ivy, and that person doesn't qualify for H/Y/P--they have to submit to this process, whether it's 3, 6, or 12 months.

:|

Maybe he meant Penn and just forgot Columbia?

This.

Edit: Page break fail.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 am

eskimo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
DreamShake wrote: If someone wants to go to Cornell--or an Ivy, and that person doesn't qualify for H/Y/P--they have to submit to this process, whether it's 3, 6, or 12 months.

Oh, I didn't even think of that.

Also, what is with this weird obsession with the Ivy League that I've been seeing in law school admissions (and just generally)?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:50 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Also, what is with this weird obsession with the Ivy League that I've been seeing in law school admissions (and just generally)?

I suppose you're not from the Northeast then.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

I suppose you're not from the Northeast then.

Nope.

mths

Postby mths » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Also, what is with this weird obsession with the Ivy League that I've been seeing in law school admissions (and just generally)?

It's the brand name; sure, [insert school here] may be a "better" law school than Cornell, but when it comes to getting jobs, the ivy league name matters.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:19 am

Ludacrispat26 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Also, what is with this weird obsession with the Ivy League that I've been seeing in law school admissions (and just generally)?

It's the brand name; sure, [insert school here] may be a "better" law school than Cornell, but when it comes to getting jobs, the ivy league name matters.

How about if it's an Ivy undergrad, but GULC for law school? Is that just as good?

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:05 am

masterthearts wrote:How about if it's an Ivy undergrad, but GULC for law school? Is that just as good?

Are you really that insecure? What an awkward question.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 am

Sorry all u Cornell ivy hopeful but no one knows Cornell is an ivy. Hell, my gf and her friends went to an elite boarding school in NE and they didn't even realize Columbia was ivy. So either get into Harvard/Yale/Penn or end dreams of arbitrary. elitism

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

tkgrrett wrote:Sorry all u Cornell ivy hopeful but no one knows Cornell is an ivy. Hell, my gf and her friends went to an elite boarding school in NE and they didn't even realize Columbia was ivy. So either get into Harvard/Yale/Penn or end dreams of arbitrary. elitism

FTFY. If Cornell and Columbia don't enjoy ivy prestige, there's no way Penn State gets it.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 am

beachbum wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Sorry all u Cornell ivy hopeful but no one knows Cornell is an ivy. Hell, my gf and her friends went to an elite boarding school in NE and they didn't even realize Columbia was ivy. So either get into Harvard/Yale/Penn or end dreams of arbitrary. elitism

FTFY. If Cornell and Columbia don't enjoy ivy prestige, there's no way Penn State gets it.

LOL.

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:47 am

beachbum wrote:

You mean Penn. Not Penn State. Penn State doesn't enjoy ivy prestige because it's not an ivy.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 am

Ludacrispat26 wrote:

When it comes to getting jobs, it seems stupid to let whether it's an ivy league institution influence your decision. When it comes to legal hiring, Stanford is better than Penn, Columbia, and Cornell, UChi is better than Penn and Cornell, and a whole lot of schools are better than Cornell, including public institutions such as UMich, UVA, and Berkeley. Sure, the ivy label may have an impact on getting a legal job, but that's already reflected in biglaw and clerkship placement rates, meaning giving it weight again after comparing schools by placement numbers is faulty accounting.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 am

calilaw wrote:
beachbum wrote:

You mean Penn. Not Penn State. Penn State doesn't enjoy ivy prestige because it's not an ivy.

He was making a Penn joke dude.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

beachbum wrote:

Haha. I thought I would leave a glimmer of hope for ivy prestige whores.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

calilaw wrote:
beachbum wrote:

Lol You. Fail.

Also: Just checked my status and I gots a new 12/6 date. hmmmm

oscodasa

Postby oscodasa » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 pm

thecilent wrote:
calilaw wrote:
beachbum wrote:

Lol You. Fail.

Also: Just checked my status and I gots a new 12/6 date. hmmmm

I had a new date last week. Does anyone know what this means? Has anyone who has a result either way had an updated on their status checker? I think I asked this a while back but don't believe I ever saw anything.

username99

Postby username99 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Mine did the same. Now I am on the edge of my seat.

CoastGuard3

Postby CoastGuard3 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm

username99 wrote:Mine did the same. Now I am on the edge of my seat.

mine too...I don't know what it all means though.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 pm

CoastGuard3 wrote:

lol This made me lol for some reason. I think it's because it was like so sincere.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 pm

CoastGuard3 wrote:

ahh I have to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

almostfamous wrote:
CoastGuard3 wrote:

ahh I have to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

lmao. That vid is hysterical.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 pm

In!!! at Dartmouth LS :D I'm so excited.

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:09 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:

In!!! at Dartmouth LS :D I'm so excited.

Dinged from Princeton Law, WL at Brown Law...bad day :(

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Ludacrispat26 wrote:

Lolz at the elitism noob. Vault ranks schools soley on the marketability of their graduates and Stanford, UMich, NYU, UVA and UChi all come before the first Ivy. Don't confuse lay presteige with market potency. People in the know know, you know?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”