Cornell 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Trustbuster

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Forgot to mention, applied 10/1.

User avatar
Mike12188

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

I've been complete since 10/4. Nothing since.

Applied 9/22

User avatar
s0ph1e2007

Silver
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Mine went from complete
to processing

why would it do that?

beatrock

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby beatrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Applied 10/7
Complete 11/4

Aggiegrad2011

Gold
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:54 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Mine went from complete
to processing

why would it do that?



Mine did exactly the same. In fact, two of the checked boxes have gone back to blank boxes.

So far, unimpressed.

User avatar
kk19131

Silver
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kk19131 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Cornell's process is... underwhelming.... to say the least.

whymeohgodno

Gold
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?

User avatar
kk19131

Silver
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby kk19131 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:45 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?



I'm going with the latter.

HeavenWood

Gold
Posts: 2890
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:50 pm

kk19131 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?



I'm going with the latter.


As long as I'm complete before the EA deadline.

MissLucky

Silver
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby MissLucky » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:57 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?



I'm going with the latter.


As long as I'm complete before the EA deadline.


what? i thought all we had to worry about was getting all our materials in by november 1, and it was up to THEM to make sure they got our stuff together by the 15th?

User avatar
Arbiter213

Gold
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:58 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?



I'm going with the latter.


As long as I'm complete before the EA deadline.


I'm choosing to believe that since I submitted on LSAC on the 31st that I am covered for EA. It's their own damn fault if I don't go complete before the 15th on the status checker- I know I have everything they need on LSAC.

MissLucky

Silver
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby MissLucky » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Does Cornell's process take so long because they are super holistic and review every application word for word or is it because they are lazy/inefficient?



I'm going with the latter.


As long as I'm complete before the EA deadline.


I'm choosing to believe that since I submitted on LSAC on the 31st that I am covered for EA. It's their own damn fault if I don't go complete before the 15th on the status checker- I know I have everything they need on LSAC.


yeah, exactly what i'm thinking

HeavenWood

Gold
Posts: 2890
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:33 pm

MissLucky wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
I'm choosing to believe that since I submitted on LSAC on the 31st that I am covered for EA. It's their own damn fault if I don't go complete before the 15th on the status checker- I know I have everything they need on LSAC.


yeah, exactly what i'm thinking


I just don't want to slip through the cracks. Cornell is a top choice for me, and if I want a decent shot at getting in with my numbers, I will need to be among the first apps reviewed. Did I also mention I'm slightly paranoid? :wink:

User avatar
mths

Silver
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Haha relax guys, last year the process was egregiously slow and I wouldn't count on a huge improvement. Sit back, enjoy, and be happy you're not sitting in this reading room with absolutely no end in sight.

whymeohgodno

Gold
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm

mths wrote:Haha relax guys, last year the process was egregiously slow and I wouldn't count on a huge improvement. Sit back, enjoy, and be happy you're not sitting in this reading room with absolutely no end in sight.

Do you go to Cornell? Numbers?

CyLaw

Gold
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby CyLaw » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:34 pm

mths wrote:Haha relax guys, last year the process was egregiously slow and I wouldn't count on a huge improvement. Sit back, enjoy, and be happy you're not sitting in this reading room with absolutely no end in sight.


:lol: at the screen name.

And +1 to the slow part. It takes a while even with EA, so try to sit back and relax for at least the next month.

User avatar
mths

Silver
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby mths » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:37 pm

CyLaw wrote:
mths wrote:Haha relax guys, last year the process was egregiously slow and I wouldn't count on a huge improvement. Sit back, enjoy, and be happy you're not sitting in this reading room with absolutely no end in sight.


:lol: at the screen name.

And +1 to the slow part. It takes a while even with EA, so try to sit back and relax for at least the next month.

t-shirt?

mths for life ;)

User avatar
s0ph1e2007

Silver
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 pm

do people know when EA candidates usually hear back?

yea there isn't a good reason for my application to stop being complete...
They have 3 recommendations. I mean I sent in a fourth a few days ago, but LSAC hasn't received it yet, so Cornell can't be waiting for it.
I'm hoping to hear back soon. I think my numbers should get me in, but I actually like Cornell (excluding Ithaca, which I hate) so it's an option and I'm dying to hear back.



.... which of course we all are so this was a dumb comment

CyLaw

Gold
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby CyLaw » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:46 pm

I think decisions last year started going out the last week of November, with people receiving the letter around the first week of December.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007

Silver
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:31 pm

CyLaw wrote:I think decisions last year started going out the last week of November, with people receiving the letter around the first week of December.

... boo
Why didn;'t you say
ahh yes, well all EA decision go out on Novermber 5th. haha

User avatar
beachbum

Gold
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby beachbum » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring. Applied 10/30, got the app received/status checker e-mail, and now I'm... processing.

per200ml

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 am

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby per200ml » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:09 pm

So have there been cases where people have applied before Nov. 1 but their file didn't go complete until after the Nov. 15 EA deadline???? I'm actually a little worried about this

User avatar
LSAT Taker

Bronze
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby LSAT Taker » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:33 am

Nothing since "application complete (10/4)." Is it bad not to see mine changing into "processing?"

User avatar
s0ph1e2007

Silver
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 am

gave Cornell and every other school i applied to the wrong (good-till) dates for my address... good thing they haven't made a decision yet lol

too bad i think GULC did and mailed it... lol I think they're not going to be fond of the idea of sending another one.

User avatar
coolymx

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Postby coolymx » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 am

How long did it take for you guys after submitting your application on LSAC before you got the letter from Cornell to check your status? I submited mine on Monday and still no word from them.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests