Cornell 2011 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Naked Dude

Silver

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Post by Naked Dude » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm

I understand the frustration. Just envy the applicants strong enough to be able to withdraw just to prove a point.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I want to cryogenically freeze myself until Cornell makes its decision.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Naked Dude wrote:I understand the frustration. Just envy the applicants strong enough to be able to withdraw just to prove a point.
Oh I'm almost certainly not going, but I don't think it's worth the time it would take to withdraw. They will probably make a decision on me before they process my letter...

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 am

chasgoose wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:I understand the frustration. Just envy the applicants strong enough to be able to withdraw just to prove a point.
Oh I'm almost certainly not going, but I don't think it's worth the time it would take to withdraw. They will probably make a decision on me before they process my letter...
As someone who wants to attend Cornell (and seeing as you're posting this in a thread full of others waiting to get in) CALL THEM to withdrawal.. its the polite thing to do

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:17 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
As someone who wants to attend Cornell (and seeing as you're posting this in a thread full of others waiting to get in) CALL THEM to withdrawal.. its the polite thing to do
:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm

The deadline has already passed, so even if they didnt call or email, its been taken care of automatically by now.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm

God nothing today. I haven't heard of any decisions being rendered this week. Is Cornell too busy processing their seat deposits? GODDDD. I don't know if I can take the wait for another week. It's driving me nuts!

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:27 pm

wow I didn't realize their deposit deadline already passed. so we basically are on their waitlist? man my cycle has really turned out pretty sad for my numbers.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 pm

FlanAl wrote:wow I didn't realize their deposit deadline already passed. so we basically are on their waitlist? man my cycle has really turned out pretty sad for my numbers.
It would be better if they just waitlisted us.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 pm

No, a fair amount of people were admitted (not waitlists---admitted, but admitted straight out) past the deposit deadline. People use Accepted Student's Weekends and Deposit Deadlines as barometers of whether it's too late, but they're not always reliable. Give yourself another 1-2 weeks before you panic.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Someone call them :D

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:
The deadline has already passed, so even if they didnt call or email, its been taken care of automatically by now.
The person hasn't been admitted yet from what I took from the their post. They have a 177 and a 3.5 though. Cornell shouldn't even be on the table and the poster admitted not even wanting to go. So why not withdrawal and save us weeks/months/years/decades of waiting when Cornell has to look at more applicants after they get admitted then withdrawal?

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:
The person hasn't been admitted yet from what I took from the their post. They have a 177 and a 3.5 though. Cornell shouldn't even be on the table and the poster admitted not even wanting to go. So why not withdrawal and save us weeks/months/years/decades of waiting when Cornell has to look at more applicants after they get admitted then withdrawal?
Cornell probably won't even get to the withdrawal letter for a few weeks.

Anyways at this point after a few phone calls I'm 99% certain it's a waitlist for most of us. I've been in review for almost a month and it just seems like Cornell is waiting to see how many sent in their deposits and seeing if they have enough spots left for the leftover applicants.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

My god, these guys are slow. I applied to nine schools, all on 2/1, and Cornell is by several weeks the slowest of the bunch. My status checker has still only updated once, so I imagine I'll be receiving an e-mail from Cornell half way through orientation at another school.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:21 pm

redsoxfan2495 wrote:My god, these guys are slow. I applied to nine schools, all on 2/1, and Cornell is by several weeks the slowest of the bunch. My status checker has still only updated once, so I imagine I'll be receiving an e-mail from Cornell half way through orientation at another school.
It's been nearly 2 months since I've heard from every other school I've applied to. Cornell was and always has been my top choice but this is just extremely frustrating.

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Everyone needs to take a Xanax. I'm no optimist by any stretch of the imagination, but y'alls need to stop with the negativity. The rampant speculation is misleading to the casual reader and just reinforces everyones paranoia. People are still getting in. It's certainly late but Christ almighty everyone go have a beer or take up a new hobby or something. In a week or two, come back and panic like the apocalypse is imminent. Until then, get a grip on your type a personalities. Yeesh.

LPSDBX

New

Post by LPSDBX » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Everyone needs to take a Xanax. I'm no optimist by any stretch of the imagination, but y'alls need to stop with the negativity. The rampant speculation is misleading to the casual reader and just reinforces everyones paranoia. People are still getting in. It's certainly late but Christ almighty everyone go have a beer or take up a new hobby or something. In a week or two, come back and panic like the apocalypse is imminent. Until then, get a grip on your type a personalities. Yeesh.
Well, many of us have seat deposits due at other schools very soon. This is what's fueling the anxiety, at least in my case.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jplwine

New

Post by jplwine » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Just went in review within the last hour or so. Was sitting at complete 3/16. Yay! Movement!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Everyone needs to take a Xanax. I'm no optimist by any stretch of the imagination, but y'alls need to stop with the negativity. The rampant speculation is misleading to the casual reader and just reinforces everyones paranoia. People are still getting in. It's certainly late but Christ almighty everyone go have a beer or take up a new hobby or something. In a week or two, come back and panic like the apocalypse is imminent. Until then, get a grip on your type a personalities. Yeesh.
Optimism

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Optimism? Not by me. I'm delaying my worrying.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Optimism? Not by me. I'm delaying my worrying.
I'm surprised your so calm. I thought all us borderline applicants were filled with anxiety. Anyways I'm more disappointed that they are taking even longer this year than last year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

The cycles so long I guess I've just finally, finally been able to ignore the stress. And hopefully a job callback goes through. I don't know, I used to compulsively status check, but that sort of stress just isn't sustainable. That said, if anyone called I'd love to hear what the update is.

CornellLawOrBust

New

Post by CornellLawOrBust » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Naked Dude wrote:The cycles so long I guess I've just finally, finally been able to ignore the stress. And hopefully a job callback goes through. I don't know, I used to compulsively status check, but that sort of stress just isn't sustainable. That said, if anyone called I'd love to hear what the update is.
So I just called and they claimed they couldn't tell me over the phone and that I would have to wait for the status checker update and email. They then said that it would be updated as soon as they had an official decision. I then said that when I called on Monday, I was told they had reached a decision on my application. She then said that she was sorry, but that I would have to wait.

Seriously, Cornell, I love you and I am ready and willing to take you over any other school, but this is ridiculous!!!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Naked Dude wrote:The cycles so long I guess I've just finally, finally been able to ignore the stress. And hopefully a job callback goes through. I don't know, I used to compulsively status check, but that sort of stress just isn't sustainable. That said, if anyone called I'd love to hear what the update is.
Me and another person called and vibe seemed to be "Check the status checker and GTFO". Also expect no decisions this week.

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Bust-do you mean to say that we shouldn't necessarily trust the status checker? I know uc Davis is also behind and they've basically admitted that they have a significant delay in application activity and updating the status checker.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”