Cornell 2011 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aaaaaah

Bronze

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Post by aaaaaah » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:33 pm

I've recently spoken to three other people who have gotten in off the WL in the last few weeks. I know it doesn't seem like there's been much movement, but maybe people just aren't posting here or to LSN. Keep the faith, guys.

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:59 pm

aaaaaah wrote:I've recently spoken to three other people who have gotten in off the WL in the last few weeks. I know it doesn't seem like there's been much movement, but maybe people just aren't posting here or to LSN. Keep the faith, guys.
Wait -- what? Something happens in the world of law school that isn't known on TLS or LSN? Hogwash. Pure lies.

gsat

New

Post by gsat » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 pm

aaaaaah wrote:I've recently spoken to three other people who have gotten in off the WL in the last few weeks. I know it doesn't seem like there's been much movement, but maybe people just aren't posting here or to LSN. Keep the faith, guys.
The positive person in me is glad to hear there is movement...the negative is stressing about the fact that I have not been one of those three...

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 pm

gsat wrote:
The positive person in me is glad to hear there is movement...the negative is stressing about the fact that I have not been one of those three...
The last deposit refund request deadline was a postmark of last Friday. Once a week passes and the refund requests are all gathered, we'll hopefully see some movement next week.

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 pm

I've recently spoken to three other people who have gotten in off the WL in the last few weeks. I know it doesn't seem like there's been much movement, but maybe people just aren't posting here or to LSN. Keep the faith, guys.
Someone got in off the WL and didn't post here? Then perhaps they don't deserve it then :p.

Seriously though, I'm going to keep hoping until I officially start classes. Is there anything that anyone thinks can be done that could help? Such as a phone call or email etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Sandstorm wrote:
Someone got in off the WL and didn't post here? Then perhaps they don't deserve it then :p.

Seriously though, I'm going to keep hoping until I officially start classes. Is there anything that anyone thinks can be done that could help? Such as a phone call or email etc.
if you haven't contacted them in a while, i'd imagine that it would help to send them an email saying that you're still willing to consider/accept an offer. they probably want to give offers to people who are eager to attend and who are likely to accept.

kfresha

New

Post by kfresha » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 am

theturkeyisfat wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

if you haven't contacted them in a while, i'd imagine that it would help to send them an email saying that you're still willing to consider/accept an offer. they probably want to give offers to people who are eager to attend and who are likely to accept.
That's a splendid idea. I've sent them a LOCI but that was quite a while ago...

Anyways, I see movement as nothing but a positive sign, hopefully there's a bit more :wink:

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Almost forgot I was still WL here.. sheesh..

MG1224911

New

Post by MG1224911 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Hey, everyone. I was enrolled as part of the Cornell Law Class of 2014, but just withdrew this afternoon. I hope one of you gets the seat! Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

MG1224911 wrote:Hey, everyone. I was enrolled as part of the Cornell Law Class of 2014, but just withdrew this afternoon. I hope one of you gets the seat! Best of luck!
Dibs.

(Awesome, good luck at your new school? Or whatever you end up doing)

MG1224911

New

Post by MG1224911 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Thank you, NYC Law. I am now going to U Penn Law.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm

MG1224911 wrote:Thank you, NYC Law. I am now going to U Penn Law.
Wow congratulations!

kfresha

New

Post by kfresha » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

MG1224911 wrote:Thank you, NYC Law. I am now going to U Penn Law.
Yeah congrats. Great school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MG1224911

New

Post by MG1224911 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:08 pm

If anyone is interested in an apartment, I have a beautiful 1 bedroom only a block away from the school that I would like to sublet. It's fully furnished, dishwasher in the room, laundry down the hall, and concierge at the front desk. It's on the 6th floor with a view of the mountains.

doomham

New

Post by doomham » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Two things:

1) I just got an e-mail from Cornell telling me that "it may be helpful to send in a copy of my Spring grades" (I'm on the waitlist. Thing is, my Spring grades suck hairy balls. So, should I just ignore the "suggestion" or would that piss them off?

2) I'm planning to head to Ithaca in a couple of days for an official visit, but the office is short-staffed so there's no guarantee someone important will be there to talk to me. Do you, TLS, in your infinite wisdom, think it's a good idea for me to go anyway? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to kick ass?

PS FYI: the lady I spoke to on the phone said there is some movement going on with the waitlist, so keep the faith guys!

LJgibbs

New

Post by LJgibbs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm generally content to be a TLS lurker, but this might be helpful to those left on the WL:

In as of 1pm today. 169/3.31. Also went to Cornell UG, FWIW. Applied 11/1, deferred 12/7, reserved 3/22, WL 5/31. Sent a LOCI via snail mail on 8/5, updating them on my summer and basically stating I would try and remain available to accept an offer as late as possible.

Was told I could have until tomorrow to decide. Asked about merit aid but they said scholarships were exhausted. I will be accepting.

Good luck to those remaining on the WL.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm

LJgibbs wrote:I'm generally content to be a TLS lurker, but this might be helpful to those left on the WL:

In as of 1pm today. 169/3.31. Also went to Cornell UG, FWIW. Applied 11/1, deferred 12/7, reserved 3/22, WL 5/31. Sent a LOCI via snail mail on 8/5, updating them on my summer and basically stating I would try and remain available to accept an offer as late as possible.

Was told I could have until tomorrow to decide. Asked about merit aid but they said scholarships were exhausted. I will be accepting.

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!

Damn... it looks like people are getting in and I'm not one of them :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gsat

New

Post by gsat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 pm

NYC Law wrote:
LJgibbs wrote:I'm generally content to be a TLS lurker, but this might be helpful to those left on the WL:

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!

Damn... it looks like people are getting in and I'm not one of them :|
+1...

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 am

+2

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 am

Hey all, I was signed up to go to Cornell this fall, but after a late WL admit I just withdrew from Cornell. Might free up a spot, hope one of you gets it.

Good luck!

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm

For those of you who have gotten in, did you go the school and meet with admissions a couple of times throughout the summer or anything like that? Or did it come as a surprise to you that you got in at this late date? I'm wondering if one final visit to the school would help in anyway.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Hey all, I was signed up to go to Cornell this fall, but after a late WL admit I just withdrew from Cornell. Might free up a spot, hope one of you gets it.

Good luck!
Just saw your profile. Nice!! Congrats!

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey guys, I withdrew on Friday after a late WL admit. There should be another spot open! Also freed up 21k!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”