Cornell 2011 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
subtle

Silver

Re: Cornell 2011 applicants

Post by subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Hannibal wrote:
subtle wrote:
maglialoro wrote:just went from 2/3 ir to 2/7 ir.

Oh boo. I'm still at 2/2 complete. I will actually never get a decision from this school.
Still at 1/6 complete. Don't worry about it.

That just confirms my suspicion that I'll actually be waiting until after the end of forever.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 pm

subtle wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
subtle wrote:

Oh boo. I'm still at 2/2 complete. I will actually never get a decision from this school.
Still at 1/6 complete. Don't worry about it.

That just confirms my suspicion that I'll actually be waiting until after the end of forever.
Cornell really doesn't make friends with this admission policy. While everyone is getting all excited over their admits to other peer schools and are beginning to decide where to go. Cornell puts you on the back burner for months. I can't remember the time I last checked my Cornell status checker, I just assume I'll find out near the end of March when I'll for sure had made my decision where to go no matter what Cornell says.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:48 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Cornell really doesn't make friends with this admission policy. While everyone is getting all excited over their admits to other peer schools and are beginning to decide where to go. Cornell puts you on the back burner for months. I can't remember the time I last checked my Cornell status checker, I just assume I'll find out near the end of March when I'll for sure had made my decision where to go no matter what Cornell says.

Exactly. I would say that going into this, I thought that my Columbia ap would be a Hail Mary (which, it mostly still is) and that Penn and Cornell would be the choices I'd be most excited to get into. I kept thinking about how Cornell would be a really good fit for me, and I'd love to go. Now, I'm kind of like Cornell. Pfft. I wonder if getting an acceptance could change that around. At this point, I'm not even sure a rejection would sting.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:53 pm

6-8 weeks just to go complete? That's just stupid.

I've put Cornell out of my mind before they can even process me.

Processing 12/23

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

subtle wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:Cornell really doesn't make friends with this admission policy. While everyone is getting all excited over their admits to other peer schools and are beginning to decide where to go. Cornell puts you on the back burner for months. I can't remember the time I last checked my Cornell status checker, I just assume I'll find out near the end of March when I'll for sure had made my decision where to go no matter what Cornell says.

Exactly. I would say that going into this, I thought that my Columbia ap would be a Hail Mary (which, it mostly still is) and that Penn and Cornell would be the choices I'd be most excited to get into. I kept thinking about how Cornell would be a really good fit for me, and I'd love to go. Now, I'm kind of like Cornell. Pfft. I wonder if getting an acceptance could change that around. At this point, I'm not even sure a rejection would sting.
I was in your boat as well I was seriously excited about Cornell, but that feeling has seriously subsided.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Frankie55

Bronze

Post by Frankie55 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:26 pm

arism87 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:Anyone know when Cornell makes $$ decisions?
on LSN, some people who applied EA were given dean's scholarships at the beginning of March. Someone apparently already was offered a full ride this year?
I called today to make sure they got my essay and the lady I spoke with (who was super nice!) said Dean's Scholarships will come out the last week of February
Thanks for this info. I presume they'll still contact you even if you didn't win the Dean's? Anything about the timing on other awards?

zeke18

Bronze

Post by zeke18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:44 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
zeke18 wrote:
+1

inching closer to some news...
+1

I wouldn't bet on finding out anytime soon.
dinged via e-mail just now

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm

zeke18 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I guess I'll just keep refreshing my email for a while now...

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:53 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
subtle wrote:

I was in your boat as well I was seriously excited about Cornell, but that feeling has seriously subsided.

Ditto. At the beginning of the process I was thinking if I got into Cornell and Texas I'd pick Cornell. Now that I'm admitted at Texas and still processing at Cornell, I'm getting excited about the former and becoming increasingly unsure I'd go to Cornell even if I got in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:58 pm

zeke18 wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
zeke18 wrote:
+1

inching closer to some news...
+1

I wouldn't bet on finding out anytime soon.
Mine just did the same thing. Guess I'll be getting dinged today too..... :(

zeke18

Bronze

Post by zeke18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
zeke18 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I guess I'll just keep refreshing my email for a while now...
the same message showed up on the status checker fwiw

I hope you have better luck!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:01 pm

zeke18 wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
zeke18 wrote:

The ding message showed up in the status checker?

zeke18

Bronze

Post by zeke18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

DeeCee wrote:
zeke18 wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
zeke18 wrote:

The ding message showed up in the status checker?
yes, I checked after receiving the e-mail... the same message from the e-mail is at the top and the status checker reads "admission denied"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 pm

zeke18 wrote:
yes, I checked after receiving the e-mail... the same message from the e-mail is at the top and the status checker reads "admission denied"
Damn, that's harsh. I guess it's to the point though. I got dinged at Georgetown so I'm expecting a ding at Cornell, too.

But, I got the WL at Penn and UVa. So I guess I've had a strange cycle.

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:12 pm

DeeCee wrote:
zeke18 wrote:
Damn, that's harsh. I guess it's to the point though. I got dinged at Georgetown so I'm expecting a ding at Cornell, too.

I don't know about that. Georgetown's LSAT cutoffs are significantly higher than Cornell's.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:16 pm

francisConn wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
zeke18 wrote:

I don't know about that. Georgetown's LSAT cutoffs are significantly higher than Cornell's.
Well, I shot for a lot of places that my LSAT was waaaayyyyyyy below their 25th, just to see what would happen. Most of them I have been WL.

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:18 pm

DeeCee wrote:
francisConn wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
zeke18 wrote:

Well, I shot for a lot of places that my LSAT was waaaayyyyyyy below their 25th, just to see what would happen. Most of them I have been WL.
I was outright dinged at UVA and Penn, so congrats to you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:20 pm

francisConn wrote:
I was outright dinged at UVA and Penn, so congrats to you!
Now I feel bad about being WL at some good places, because it seems as if so many good candidates around the 165ish range have gotten flat out dinged this cycle.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I have to say, I just called to set up my visit (can't make ASW) and they're SO NICE. By far the nicest people I've dealt with in any admissions office.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I have to say, I just called to set up my visit (can't make ASW) and they're SO NICE. By far the nicest people I've dealt with in any admissions office.
You were able to talk to Cornell and get through?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 pm

DeeCee wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I have to say, I just called to set up my visit (can't make ASW) and they're SO NICE. By far the nicest people I've dealt with in any admissions office.
I called and talked to a woman in admissions named Kelly. Why?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
I called and talked to a women in admissions named Kelly. Why?
I called and sent emails at the beginning of my cycle to make sure I was considered EA, but I could never get anyone to call me back or email me back. I eventually found out on my own that I was never EA (app under review as of now). Glad to hear they are nice, I figured they were busy and just never got back to me.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 pm

DeeCee wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
I called and talked to a women in admissions named Kelly. Why?
I called and sent emails at the beginning of my cycle to make sure I was considered EA, but I could never get anyone to call me back or email me back. I eventually found out on my own that I was never EA (app under review as of now). Glad to hear they are nice, I figured they were busy and just never got back to me.
They were prompt when I emailed them once. They got back to me the next day with a really personal email (they even mentioned the school I went to).

canes

Bronze

Post by canes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Just went complete--sent the app in over 2 months ago. No big deal.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

canes wrote:Just went complete--sent the app in over 2 months ago. No big deal.
Could you tell us when you sent it? I sent it 12/20 and was wondering when I would go complete.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”