UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:
Dwigt wrote:Still sitting at 9/16...I wonder if my file fell into a trashcan.


Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame here.


1 month later, but still feeling the same way...


I think I post the same thing here every night. No change whatsoever.


+1. Have not changed since 11/4.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby 4102011 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Haven't changed since 10/18!

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:20 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Try 9/13 boys and girls lol.

Brock2010
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Brock2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:46 pm

So my status check reads:applicant status online email but I haveyet to receive an email. Does this mean a wl/ding?

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Brock2010 wrote:So my status check reads:applicant status online email but I haveyet to receive an email. Does this mean a wl/ding?


Mine does too...but it was 11/15 and that was the day they sent me my log-in info for the status checker website. I'm still UR 12/6

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Brock2010 wrote:So my status check reads:applicant status online email but I haveyet to receive an email. Does this mean a wl/ding?


mine says it too - under another one that says 'decision letter' - so I imagine that's what you're waiting for if you don't hear by email first.

Brock2010
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Brock2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Brock2010 wrote:So my status check reads:applicant status online email but I haveyet to receive an email. Does this mean a wl/ding?


Mine does too...but it was 11/15 and that was the day they sent me my log-in info for the status checker website. I'm still UR 12/6

Ok that makes me feel better. I haven't been dinged...yet. I just need to settle down.

ClayDavis
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby ClayDavis » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:38 am

If you're in-state, is your app not complete til you send in the residency form?

Also, (haven't read the whole thread sorry), is UVA's ED deadline still 3/1 like last year? I couldn't find the deadline on the website.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby kjadkins » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 am

Just went from Pending Review/Decision 12/20 to Pending Review/Decision 12/22... hoping the movement is a good sign

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby kjadkins » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:58 am

ClayDavis wrote:If you're in-state, is your app not complete til you send in the residency form?

Also, (haven't read the whole thread sorry), is UVA's ED deadline still 3/1 like last year? I couldn't find the deadline on the website.


I believe so to the first ?, no idea about the second

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 pm

ClayDavis wrote:If you're in-state, is your app not complete til you send in the residency form?

Also, (haven't read the whole thread sorry), is UVA's ED deadline still 3/1 like last year? I couldn't find the deadline on the website.


Yes, you need your residency form to be complete if you are in-state.

ED application deadline is the same as RD deadline, which is indeed 3/1. However, most schools take applications after deadlines, but it does make you look very good. In any case, I think the sincerity of the ED (as UVA sees it at least), is probably diminished by turning it in so late.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey Everyone, I haven't been following this thread but I'm just curious whether there is a separate ED thread or, since there doesn't seem to be, why there isn't one? Is it because people usually wait to ED to UVA once they don't get into other target schools? Also, has anyone made a spreadsheet of all the ED and RD people that have gotten in so far? I'd love to see the numbers.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 am

applepiecrust wrote:
dreakol wrote:Dinged. OOS RD 3.67 169 No "why" essay.


Ooh, I should withdraw my application before they get a chance to ding me (3.6/168, NOT going to go to UVA anyway).
Why I should I let them increase their selectivity anymore than I can, lol?


if you aren't going anyway, it would be very courteous to those who are hoping to go/are not yet sure where they are going to go but would like to get in here, to withdraw asap. just sayin.....

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:23 am

I'm pretty sure I'm below a stat floor and have no movement because I'm an autoding. Oh well.

User avatar
alive
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby alive » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

Arbiter213 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm below a stat floor and have no movement because I'm an autoding. Oh well.


I don't know, I hope you're wrong. I have had no movement since I went File Complete Pending Review and Decision in early October, and my numbers are definitely above the 75th for GPA and at the median or even the 75th for LSAT (not really sure where the median LSAT is). I suppose there could be a stat floor for OOS that is significantly higher, though.

Another fun fact: I got the WL/Reject when I applied to UVa ED as an undergrad, even though I'm quite certain I should have been accepted. Maybe they fundamentally just don't like me?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:42 am

I haven't moved since they updated me from 11/16 under review to 11/29 under review.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby whitman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 am

alive wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm below a stat floor and have no movement because I'm an autoding. Oh well.


I don't know, I hope you're wrong. I have had no movement since I went File Complete Pending Review and Decision in early October, and my numbers are definitely above the 75th for GPA and at the median or even the 75th for LSAT (not really sure where the median LSAT is). I suppose there could be a stat floor for OOS that is significantly higher, though.

Another fun fact: I got the WL/Reject when I applied to UVa ED as an undergrad, even though I'm quite certain I should have been accepted. Maybe they fundamentally just don't like me?


haha me too. Got into an Ivy but waitlisted and denied by UVA.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:25 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Hey Everyone, I haven't been following this thread but I'm just curious whether there is a separate ED thread or, since there doesn't seem to be, why there isn't one? Is it because people usually wait to ED to UVA once they don't get into other target schools? Also, has anyone made a spreadsheet of all the ED and RD people that have gotten in so far? I'd love to see the numbers.


This was the thread all the ED applicants used when they got in...

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125933

and no people dont wait, UVA has had a HUGE number of ED apps already accepted

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 pm

whitman wrote:
alive wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm below a stat floor and have no movement because I'm an autoding. Oh well.


I don't know, I hope you're wrong. I have had no movement since I went File Complete Pending Review and Decision in early October, and my numbers are definitely above the 75th for GPA and at the median or even the 75th for LSAT (not really sure where the median LSAT is). I suppose there could be a stat floor for OOS that is significantly higher, though.

Another fun fact: I got the WL/Reject when I applied to UVa ED as an undergrad, even though I'm quite certain I should have been accepted. Maybe they fundamentally just don't like me?


haha me too. Got into an Ivy but waitlisted and denied by UVA.


Undergrad? Its hard being out of state, IVY schools dont care what state you are form. If you are talking about law school then UVA>>>Cornell

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:27 pm

alive wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm below a stat floor and have no movement because I'm an autoding. Oh well.


I don't know, I hope you're wrong. I have had no movement since I went File Complete Pending Review and Decision in early October, and my numbers are definitely above the 75th for GPA and at the median or even the 75th for LSAT (not really sure where the median LSAT is). I suppose there could be a stat floor for OOS that is significantly higher, though.

Another fun fact: I got the WL/Reject when I applied to UVa ED as an undergrad, even though I'm quite certain I should have been accepted. Maybe they fundamentally just don't like me?


LSAT median is 170 and the 75% is 171. If you are at or above both 75% you have a chance of being YP, but that wont matter because if that is the case you have HYS numbers with money at CCN

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sarahlawg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:16 pm

just got my package from UVA...very nice! Nice notes from Dean Faulk and Dean Trujillo, too. I'm really liking Virginia!

danields
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:06 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby danields » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 pm

sarahlawg wrote:just got my package from UVA...very nice! Nice notes from Dean Faulk and Dean Trujillo, too. I'm really liking Virginia!


you got your package on the Sunday after Christmas?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:36 pm

danields wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:just got my package from UVA...very nice! Nice notes from Dean Faulk and Dean Trujillo, too. I'm really liking Virginia!


you got your package on the Sunday after Christmas?


I got 2 admissions packages today (not from UVA, just saying.) I also thought it was weird.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sarahlawg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 pm

danields wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:just got my package from UVA...very nice! Nice notes from Dean Faulk and Dean Trujillo, too. I'm really liking Virginia!


you got your package on the Sunday after Christmas?


I don't know if it got there Friday or today, but I picked it up today. My apartment mail office was closed early Friday and of course yesterday.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, JazzyMac, lillawyer2, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests