UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm OOS+RD and still sitting @ Complete & Pending, so I guess that's good (That I haven't been WL'D or dinged... yet)

MONKEY!!! Did you get the e-mail from BC?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby law_monkey » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'm OOS+RD and still sitting @ Complete & Pending, so I guess that's good (That I haven't been WL'D or dinged... yet)

MONKEY!!! Did you get the e-mail from BC?


Yeah about an hour ago. I hope you get one soon too! And it's definitely a positive not to have been dinged yet from UVA. We might not be auto admits, but at least we're not auto-rejects/WL either. :)

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'm OOS+RD and still sitting @ Complete & Pending, so I guess that's good (That I haven't been WL'D or dinged... yet)

MONKEY!!! Did you get the e-mail from BC?


Yeah about an hour ago. I hope you get one soon too! And it's definitely a positive not to have been dinged yet from UVA. We might not be auto admits, but at least we're not auto-rejects/WL either. :)


I got WL @ BC.

Looking like a retake for me I guess.

logistikon
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby logistikon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

second complete 12/13 8)

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby awahoya » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

logistikon wrote:second complete 12/13 8)


Ditto :)

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
rupret1 wrote:My status date hasn't moved since the original 10/22. I know I've got a snowball's chance in hell but still, what gives?


That's pretty crazy - Maybe you should e-mail them?


Mine hasn't moved since 10/28. I really don't think you should waste your time or energy emailing them - I think a lot of people are stuck on early dates

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm

BHDLaw wrote:Anybody else at 11/29 Pending Review/Decision? Is that their "Under Review? Status? I'm a longshot...but still hope to hear relatively soon...?

Yeah right here

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby eliekedourie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
BHDLaw wrote:Anybody else at 11/29 Pending Review/Decision? Is that their "Under Review? Status? I'm a longshot...but still hope to hear relatively soon...?

Yeah right here


Ditto

BHDLaw
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby BHDLaw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 am

Current Status just changed to Pending Review/Decision 12/14.....hope that means something, but I know it probably doesn't...

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby scruffs mcguff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 am

Still chillin at 9/13.

Ludacrispat26
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 pm

BHDLaw wrote:Current Status just changed to Pending Review/Decision 12/14.....hope that means something, but I know it probably doesn't...


Same here, and it was already that at 12/6. Just ding me already UVA...

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm at 11/17 hangin' out.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby The Stig » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:26 pm

hmmm just checking in again with a 10/12 date....I feel like for some reason I have 12/17 as the decision date for early action...maybe I just have my LS spreadsheet incorrect? I wonder where I got that date from...

pixystics
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby pixystics » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Got the call from the admissions director today!! He said he had just finished reading my PS and was blown away. Wow. Didn't think I had a chance at UVA. soooo happy

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm

pixystics wrote:Got the call from the admissions director today!! He said he had just finished reading my PS and was blown away. Wow. Didn't think I had a chance at UVA. soooo happy


Congrats! I bet other admissions offices will be blown away by your ps! That's great! :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 pm

vegenator wrote:
pixystics wrote:Got the call from the admissions director today!! He said he had just finished reading my PS and was blown away. Wow. Didn't think I had a chance at UVA. soooo happy


Congrats! I bet other admissions offices will be blown away by your ps! That's great! :D


Yes congrats! Now I want to read that PS!

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:48 pm

10/30
is that bad?

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby weejonbu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 pm

pixystics wrote:Got the call from the admissions director today!! He said he had just finished reading my PS and was blown away. Wow. Didn't think I had a chance at UVA. soooo happy


CONGRATS! :D

Numbers? If you don't mind...

And, like everyone else is asking, any details on the PS? Don't worry, no one would steal your idea--I'm pretty sure we've all submitted already... besides, you're already admitted!

For the record, I submitted 11/15, Pending review/decision 12/6... reverse splitter.

Also, since I'm NOT ED, I wouldn't be expecting a decision until JAN/FEB anyways, right? I dunno, that was the impression I got.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby dabbadon8 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Still on 9/13. Been three months and counting on that date...

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby JennBNYC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:47 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Still on 9/13. Been three months and counting on that date...

+1 :-/

pixystics
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby pixystics » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm still smiling from this...and laughing at myself. He asked if I had questions and I said yes, but couldn't get anything out lol He was nice enough to recognize that I was in shock. I'm well below their usual stats, but I had strong softs, first gen, WE and PI experience.

Don't mind sharing about my PS. It can't really be copied as it was about my journey towards making the decision to pursue law, but I'd rather not divulge details on the board. PM me for my stats, details on my PS if you really want to know. I don't think it was the subject matter so much as the writing style. I wrote a story, highlighting small details that happened throughout my life that connected the dots leading up to why I decided to pursue public interest law--nothing new. His response to my opening was "wow" and I pretty much kept that writing style throughout and bought it full circle in the conclusion and then finished with a Why UVA/What I will bring to UVA. I also did a background addendum demonstrating how I've overcome challenges and would be able to keep up at UVA Law.

Hope this makes sense... may be a bit vague.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Would it be a good idea to submit a Why UVA essay even though my file is complete? UVA has some programs that fit perfectly with my interests, so I can offer some legit reasons.

Any opinions on this?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Would it be a good idea to submit a Why UVA essay even though my file is complete? UVA has some programs that fit perfectly with my interests, so I can offer some legit reasons.

Any opinions on this?

It certainly won't hurt. In fact, not having a Why UVA could hurt, so I say do it.

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby awahoya » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Pending Review 12/13...then updated to 12/15 :shock: :?: (it's meant to be a curious face, not a shocked face)...

Edit: just answered my own question :oops:
Last edited by awahoya on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:32 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:Would it be a good idea to submit a Why UVA essay even though my file is complete? UVA has some programs that fit perfectly with my interests, so I can offer some legit reasons.

Any opinions on this?

It certainly won't hurt. In fact, not having a Why UVA could hurt, so I say do it.


Thnx Birdlaw, I'll get crackin on it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., ellielaw, itshandled, jbhotrails, mlp12, proteinshake, smartmoon, ssolli, VapidP, Yahoo [Bot], zeglo and 24 guests