UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby lshamlet » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:21 pm

lshamlet wrote:Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.

you mad??

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby lshamlet » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
lshamlet wrote:Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.

you mad??


Oh come on, don't bring cheesy e-talk into here, I thought TLS was devoid of that. I'm not mad at all, but if you're one of the ones freaking out and cursing UVA's name for daring to not accept you, then you just might be.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 pm

lshamlet wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
lshamlet wrote:Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.

you mad??


Oh come on, don't bring cheesy e-talk into here, I thought TLS was devoid of that. But I'm not mad at all, but if you're one of the ones freaking out and cursing UVA's name for daring to not accept you, then you just might be.


You must be new here.

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby lshamlet » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
lshamlet wrote:Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.

you mad??


Oh come on, don't bring cheesy e-talk into here, I thought TLS was devoid of that. But I'm not mad at all, but if you're one of the ones freaking out and cursing UVA's name for daring to not accept you, then you just might be.


You must be new here.


I guess that was a dumb thing to say, a lot of people here are definitely fond of image macros :)

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

lshamlet wrote:Oh come on, don't bring cheesy e-talk into here, I thought TLS was devoid of that. I'm not mad at all, but if you're one of the ones freaking out and cursing UVA's name for daring to not accept you, then you just might be.

Yeah, you must be new here.

Try reading a thread before you criticize, I literally said the exact same thing about UVA's status checker (see the previous page)

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm

lshamlet wrote:Wow some of you are really blowing things out of proportion and taking this way too personally. UVA says on the status checker page that we will hear starting in Jan. Are you really gonna fault them for doing ED and In-staters first?

One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.


For the record, I'm not joining the sky is falling bandwagon. I'm just having some fun with the whole Admissions process. I never expected a decision before Jan. As that's what the status checker says, and I also never expected more than a waitlist. I am thankful for uva's generosity with fee waivers and their promptness in granting it too. if it weren't for the fee waiver I probably wouldn't have applied and then I would have had 0 chance at even a waitlist. Tls is full of sarcasm and neurotic breakdowns. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference sometimes, not so much....

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 pm

vegenator wrote:
lshamlet wrote:One of you decided to cry about the sky falling however many pages back and then everyone just echoed it like UVA really denies everyone who isn't ED or In-state. Get a grip.


For the record, I'm not joining the sky is falling bandwagon.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
cholza00
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cholza00 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

In at UVA! Couldn't believe it when I got the email to call...
Also, I'm OOS, non URM, RD.... so I guess they've started...

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm

cholza00 wrote:In at UVA! Couldn't believe it when I got the email to call...
Also, I'm OOS, non URM, RD.... so I guess they've started...

congrats!

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby coug11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

cholza00 wrote:In at UVA! Couldn't believe it when I got the email to call...
Also, I'm OOS, non URM, RD.... so I guess they've started...


Congratulations!

Ludacrispat26
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:46 pm

I just got updated from 11/19-->12/6 with the "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision." Don't know what this means, but hope I found out soon enough...

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Weird, I just updated 12/6 pending review decision too... even though I was already that about 3 weeks ago... Unexpected.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:10 pm

mst wrote:Weird, I just updated 12/6 pending review decision too... even though I was already that about 3 weeks ago... Unexpected.

+1 - My original complete date was 11/18, for what it's worth.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

cholza00 wrote:In at UVA! Couldn't believe it when I got the email to call...
Also, I'm OOS, non URM, RD.... so I guess they've started...

Oh, and... flame?

Haha, JK! Congratulations!

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Yeah I was 11/17.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Ludacrispat26 wrote:I just got updated from 11/19-->12/6 with the "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision." Don't know what this means, but hope I found out soon enough...


Me too except to 12/5...

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Ludacrispat26 wrote:I just got updated from 11/19-->12/6 with the "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision." Don't know what this means, but hope I found out soon enough...


Me too except to 12/5...


I posted about a page ago, but I also updated 11/23-->12/6.

danicalifornia
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby danicalifornia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 pm

same. but do we think that means anything?

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby coug11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Just updated again: 11/15 - 12/5 - 12/6. I'm not going to speculate what this means.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:11 pm

I am still at 9/13. No idea what the updates mean...

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

coug11 wrote:Just updated again: 11/15 - 12/5 - 12/6. I'm not going to speculate what this means.


Youre updating on Sundays? Woah.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Also updated from 11/17 to 12/6...hoping that this is good as well.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby coug11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:15 pm

mst wrote:
coug11 wrote:Just updated again: 11/15 - 12/5 - 12/6. I'm not going to speculate what this means.


Youre updating on Sundays? Woah.


Ya, I was really surprised as well!

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:17 pm

mst wrote:
coug11 wrote:Just updated again: 11/15 - 12/5 - 12/6. I'm not going to speculate what this means.


Youre updating on Sundays? Woah.


This must mean that someone at UVA is a) working too hard, b) really likes coug11, or c) wants to mess with coug11's head.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JazzyMac, Specter1389 and 5 guests