UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby silly101 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
calilaw wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:How much weight does UVA put on in-state vs. OOS? Everyone's posting like OOS'es are completely screwed. :shock:

Answered your own question, haha. Unless, of course, you decide to ED.


so unless you ED to UVA as an OOS you're SOL?

I'll stop watching my status checker then.


Yeah, if you peruse the rest of this thread you'll see that OOS regular decision non-URM acceptances have been by far the exception.



ughhh

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 pm

vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:anyone else been "pending review/decision" since 11/15?


Yes, I am. I have a feeling we'll be waiting for another month or so!


Perhaps 2 more months?
I've been "pending review/decision" since 9/16. :(
Since so many rejections and WLs have been coming out recently I'm not in any particular rush to get my decision. I feel like no news is good news on the UVA front...


Good to hear. No status checker date updates since 9/16?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:33 pm

bdubs wrote:
vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:anyone else been "pending review/decision" since 11/15?


Yes, I am. I have a feeling we'll be waiting for another month or so!


Perhaps 2 more months?
I've been "pending review/decision" since 9/16. :(
Since so many rejections and WLs have been coming out recently I'm not in any particular rush to get my decision. I feel like no news is good news on the UVA front...


Good to hear. No status checker date updates since 9/16?



Absolutely nothing.... cricket cricket....

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby wiseguy33 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:07 am

Let's hope all of us OOS and non-URM posters will be exceptions to the rule then! :D

And, if not, there's always Penn and Michigan and so on.

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby czelede » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
calilaw wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:How much weight does UVA put on in-state vs. OOS? Everyone's posting like OOS'es are completely screwed. :shock:

Answered your own question, haha. Unless, of course, you decide to ED.


so unless you ED to UVA as an OOS you're SOL?

I'll stop watching my status checker then.


Yeah, if you peruse the rest of this thread you'll see that OOS regular decision non-URM acceptances have been by far the exception.


I would imagine it's probably even rougher being an OOS splitter, considering how many splitters ED to UVa. Maybe. Thinking this makes me feel better about my WL though :)

FlamingCow
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby FlamingCow » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:59 pm

bdubs wrote:
vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:anyone else been "pending review/decision" since 11/15?


Yes, I am. I have a feeling we'll be waiting for another month or so!


Perhaps 2 more months?
I've been "pending review/decision" since 9/16. :(
Since so many rejections and WLs have been coming out recently I'm not in any particular rush to get my decision. I feel like no news is good news on the UVA front...


Good to hear. No status checker date updates since 9/16?


I submitted/went complete 11/12, but just updated to 12/1. No idea what to expect from that as an OOS non-ED.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby coug11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 am

Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby neonx » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:40 am

coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Same here. I think this isn't necessarily a good thing. Hope we'll hear back soon.

RD, 11/15 => 12/5. OOS.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:59 am

czelede wrote:I would imagine it's probably even rougher being an OOS splitter, considering how many splitters ED to UVa. Maybe. Thinking this makes me feel better about my WL though :)


It is, especially because if I remembered correctly, UVA over-matriculated this year and offered mostly OOS splitters $$ to defer a year?
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125933
Starting from the fourth post from the bottom.

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby amkid100 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 pm

neonx wrote:
coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Same here. I think this isn't necessarily a good thing. Hope we'll hear back soon.

RD, 11/15 => 12/5. OOS.


+1 - i don't have very competitive numbers so i wouldn't read too much into it :/

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm complete pending review/ decision from 11/3 with no updates (OOS RD). I assume this can only mean autoding.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby coug11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:36 pm

amkid100 wrote:
neonx wrote:
coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Same here. I think this isn't necessarily a good thing. Hope we'll hear back soon.

RD, 11/15 => 12/5. OOS.


+1 - i don't have very competitive numbers so i wouldn't read too much into it :/


Ya, I didn't mean it as if I'm expecting anything. I just meant that it's a good sign that they looked at the app without waitlisting or rejecting me (us). However, I still expect a waitlist sometime, based on the OOS RD numbers...

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:45 pm

coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Hey I was complete pending decision as of 9/16. I also got updated to complete pending as of 12/5. Oos rd here too.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:47 pm

OOS RD still complete/pending as of 9/23. To be honest I'm kind of enjoying not hearing back from them yet :lol:

Dwigt
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dwigt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:03 pm

vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Hey I was complete pending decision as of 9/16. I also got updated to complete pending as of 12/5. Oos rd here too.


I'm jealous. Still at 9/16 here. :(

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I just realized the entire premise of this thread is a giant flame. Sorry OOS RD.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Dwigt wrote:
vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Hey I was complete pending decision as of 9/16. I also got updated to complete pending as of 12/5. Oos rd here too.


I'm jealous. Still at 9/16 here. :(


Don't be. It probably just means I'll be waitlisted or rejected sooner than you. My numbers aren't stellar for UVA. I'm like hipster, I was under the impression that at UVA no news was good news :lol:

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

mst wrote:I just realized the entire premise of this thread is a giant flame. Sorry OOS RD.

SO TRUE.

Dwigt
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dwigt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm

vegenator wrote:
Dwigt wrote:
vegenator wrote:
coug11 wrote:Complete 11/15, just updated to 12/5 (on a Sunday?). No ding or WL e-mail, so I guess that's a good sign! Also OOS, RD.


Hey I was complete pending decision as of 9/16. I also got updated to complete pending as of 12/5. Oos rd here too.


I'm jealous. Still at 9/16 here. :(


Don't be. It probably just means I'll be waitlisted or rejected sooner than you. My numbers aren't stellar for UVA. I'm like hipster, I was under the impression that at UVA no news was good news :lol:


8) I just want to hear back at this point. I'm a URM which is pretty much the only reason I'm holding on to the faint hope of getting in.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
mst wrote:I just realized the entire premise of this thread is a giant flame. Sorry OOS RD.

SO TRUE.

Yep. If UVA were nice, they would have a notice on their application: "Dear applicant, you are unlikely to gain admission to UVA Lawl Skool unless you are a resident of Virginia or are one of the thousands of slacker-in-college, hard-worker-for-the-LSAT ED applicants. You'd be better off not applying unless you received a fee waiver. HTH. <3, UVA"

jrh1987
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby jrh1987 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Pending Review/Decision since 9/28, out of state non-URM. LSAT above 75%, GPA at 25%. Is the consensus a YP/WL/ding?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 pm

To be fair to UVA, the status checker does say Regular Decision applicants will likely hear from us starting in January.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby vegenator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
mst wrote:I just realized the entire premise of this thread is a giant flame. Sorry OOS RD.

SO TRUE.

Yep. If UVA were nice, they would have a notice on their application: "Dear applicant, you are unlikely to gain admission to UVA Lawl Skool unless you are a resident of Virginia or are one of the thousands of slacker-in-college, hard-worker-for-the-LSAT ED applicants. You'd be better off not applying unless you received a fee waiver. HTH. <3, UVA"



And in this disclaimer they should add:
"P.s. Please contact our admissions office via simple email regarding fee waivers if you are at all hesitant to apply. We grant them to nearly everyone, we are just THAT concerned with making the application available to everyone (please disregard anything you've ever heard about yield protection. It's hogwash.)

Yours truly,
UVA."

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 pm

How does the UVA status checker work? Does the date just keep updating and it doesn't mean anything?

Mine had been sitting at complete 11/23 and just updated to complete 12/6. I'm an in-state RD applicant.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby kk19131 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm

So this waitlist spot I have is pretty much worthless, huh? :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], laowhynot109 and 9 guests