UVa. Regular Decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
silly101

Bronze

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Post by silly101 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:How long does it usually take to get a status checker or application acknowledgment? I submitted on 11/10 but have not heard anything yet. Just curious if this is normal.
I don't know what to tell you. I submitted 11/17 and got an email on the 18th saying it was received and I went complete that afternoon.
same for the fast turnaround

Kiwi917

Bronze

Post by Kiwi917 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 pm

silly101 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:How long does it usually take to get a status checker or application acknowledgment? I submitted on 11/10 but have not heard anything yet. Just curious if this is normal.
I don't know what to tell you. I submitted 11/17 and got an email on the 18th saying it was received and I went complete that afternoon.
same for the fast turnaround
Thanks! I called today and found out that my file is already complete and in the process of being sent to several readers. For others who never got the status check email, you can write to lawadmit@virginia.edu and ask to have it sent again.

cyxdev17

New

Post by cyxdev17 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Do they tell you about scholarship money on the phone or in the letter you get in the mail?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:Do they tell you about scholarship money on the phone or in the letter you get in the mail?
For me, both

cyxdev17

New

Post by cyxdev17 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 pm

arism87 wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:Do they tell you about scholarship money on the phone or in the letter you get in the mail?
For me, both

So nothing over the phone means no money? That sucks...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

alive

New

Post by alive » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 am

Quick favor--haven't been to visit UVA since I was looking at it for undergrad. I am doing a quick visit to UVA and Monticello on Wednesday with my fiancee, and I'd love any tips of places to check out / park / eat / etc. Unfortunately, there are no tours on Wednesday because there are no classes the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that we can sneak inside the Rotunda or something somehow.

ArghItsBlarg

Bronze

Post by ArghItsBlarg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:59 pm

I applied 11/3, was complete on 11/4. I'm still listed as File Complete, Pending Review/Decision, with a status date of 11/16.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am

Visited for the first time when I took the LSAT there in October. If you like asian food try Lemongrass over on the corner of the main part of campus, it was possibly the best western asian I've ever had (there are a lot of other cool places over there too.)

oscodasa

Bronze

Post by oscodasa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 am

alive wrote:Quick favor--haven't been to visit UVA since I was looking at it for undergrad. I am doing a quick visit to UVA and Monticello on Wednesday with my fiancee, and I'd love any tips of places to check out / park / eat / etc. Unfortunately, there are no tours on Wednesday because there are no classes the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that we can sneak inside the Rotunda or something somehow.
The downtown mall should take care of any any tastes either of you may have, but if you're staying close to campus I'd recommend Michael's.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:52 am

alive wrote:Quick favor--haven't been to visit UVA since I was looking at it for undergrad. I am doing a quick visit to UVA and Monticello on Wednesday with my fiancee, and I'd love any tips of places to check out / park / eat / etc. Unfortunately, there are no tours on Wednesday because there are no classes the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that we can sneak inside the Rotunda or something somehow.
Just walk around the grounds- most of the buildings are usually open, not sure about the Rotunda on a holiday though. Definitely walk down the "Corner" (University Ave) for a drink and go to the downtown mall where there are tons of restaurant, cute stores, ice skating rink, movie theater, etc. If you wanna grab something quicker to eat- Bodo's Bagels is a staple. Beyond that I guess it depends on your interests?

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:25 am

Wtf UVA. I submitted 9/21, went complete that day, updated to 9/27. Still File Complete, Pending Review/Decision. How am I not under review yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oscodasa

Bronze

Post by oscodasa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:27 am

cigrainger wrote:Wtf UVA. I submitted 9/21, went complete that day, updated to 9/27. Still File Complete, Pending Review/Decision. How am I not under review yet?
I don't believe it goes to "under review" - they just notify you.

I know, it's painful!

FlamingCow

Bronze

Post by FlamingCow » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 am

oscodasa wrote:
cigrainger wrote:Wtf UVA. I submitted 9/21, went complete that day, updated to 9/27. Still File Complete, Pending Review/Decision. How am I not under review yet?
I don't believe it goes to "under review" - they just notify you.

I know, it's painful!
Are there date updates along the way, like GULC seems to do? I've been stuck on 11/12 for awhile, the same day I went complete.

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I submitted 9/1 and have a 9/15 File Complete, Pending Review/Decision date. I really want UVa and this waiting game is not a lot of fun. Fingers crossed for some good news before Christmas.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 pm

wackyjack22 wrote:
I submitted 9/1 and have a 9/15 File Complete, Pending Review/Decision date. I really want UVa and this waiting game is not a lot of fun. Fingers crossed for some good news before Christmas.
Hey numbers twin! Actually one of our majors is the same too lol

There is a lack of green dots on LSN in our area. Looks like they are processing splitters right now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:
Hey numbers twin! Actually one of our majors is the same too lol

There is a lack of green dots on LSN in our area. Looks like they are processing splitters right now.
Hey hey! Government/Political Science I take it? Not many people are on the Women's Studies bandwagon. :D

I'm hoping they hurry up with their processing. I really want a reason to go visit C'ville in the next few months as it is pretty high on my list.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 pm

wackyjack22 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Hey hey! Government/Political Science I take it? Not many people are on the Women's Studies bandwagon. :D

I'm hoping they hurry up with their processing. I really want a reason to go visit C'ville in the next few months as it is pretty high on my list.
In a Government Administration masters now. My UG is really big on women's studies but I wasn't sure what to do with it after school lol

I just hope we don't get waitlisted. Last year was a sea of yellow on LSN ...

alive

New

Post by alive » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks BeachedBrit, arism, oscodasa and those who PMed me! We walked around the grounds, snuck into the rotunda, and checked out the downtown mall (ate lunch at Eppie's... was really good). The biggest surprise was the law school. Sure, it isn't much to look at from the outside (especially in comparison to Darden), but it was fine on the inside and the students who were studying were all friendly... heard many laughing and seemingly having good conversations. One even waved at me from inside a study room. Not exactly what I expected from students who were stuck studying the day before Thanksgiving!

Now, I just need to hear back! Not sure UVA likes me, though. I applied ED for undergrad, definitely had the stats to get in, but I was waitlisted (to be fair, I am out of state). Although I didn't apply ED this time, I fear they will do the same to me again... and once again I feel I have the stats to get in.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 am

UVA is pulling a Georgetown on me... File Complete Pending Review/Decision or whatever the official wording, from 11/08 -> 11/19 -> 11/23.

I wish my state schools were anything more than TTT's (well, technically, the highest is a T2)... I'd like to believe if I was in-state for UVA I would have been accepted already :(
I've actually even thought that if this cycle doesn't go very well, I may move in with relatives in Norfolk for a year or so. Of course not just to apply to UVA, but it would be nice to get a super early acceptance next year if that were to be the case.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kak5n

Bronze

Post by kak5n » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:46 am

T6Hopeful wrote:UVA is pulling a Georgetown on me... File Complete Pending Review/Decision or whatever the official wording, from 11/08 -> 11/19 -> 11/23.

I wish my state schools were anything more than TTT's (well, technically, the highest is a T2)... I'd like to believe if I was in-state for UVA I would have been accepted already :(
I've actually even thought that if this cycle doesn't go very well, I may move in with relatives in Norfolk for a year or so. Of course not just to apply to UVA, but it would be nice to get a super early acceptance next year if that were to be the case.
I don't blame you for thinking that if you were in state you would have been accepted already. I think it definitely gives you a boost at least in terms of when they pull your file to even look at it. I applied much later than some people on here and heard back 2-3 weeks ago. I heard that if you call them to ask about your file, it is more likely to be reviewed earlier.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am

kak5n wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:UVA is pulling a Georgetown on me... File Complete Pending Review/Decision or whatever the official wording, from 11/08 -> 11/19 -> 11/23.

I don't blame you for thinking that if you were in state you would have been accepted already. I think it definitely gives you a boost at least in terms of when they pull your file to even look at it. I applied much later than some people on here and heard back 2-3 weeks ago. I heard that if you call them to ask about your file, it is more likely to be reviewed earlier.
That's interesting... Although from a quick recollection of this thread (I don't really want to go back through 14 pages) I don't remember many, if any at all, RD out of states hearing back. And being far from auto-admit I guess I can't complain until January :?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:58 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
kak5n wrote:

That's interesting... Although from a quick recollection of this thread (I don't really want to go back through 14 pages) I don't remember many, if any at all, RD out of states hearing back. And being far from auto-admit I guess I can't complain until January :?
that is because UVA non-URM OOS RD is an elaborate flame.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 am

IAFG wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
kak5n wrote:

that is because UVA non-URM OOS RD is an elaborate flame.
QFT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”