UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lizzle

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby lizzle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Flips88 wrote:
lizzle wrote:yeah the status checker says "Application for Admission Denied" so I'm pretty sure that's the decision...just was messed up to receive three emails for admitted students (my status checker also shows that I received the three emails for admitted students)!

Can you screen cap that? because that's seriously messed up

This morning when I got the rejection email I checked my status checker and it had all of the admitted student emails that I had received. I emailed Dean Trujillo to ask what was going on and included the three admitted student emails that I had received on 1/20, 1/26 and 2/1. When I just signed in to the status checker again a minute ago, they removed the list of all the emails I received and just showed the dates when I received my applicant status email and my decision email. So weird! I haven't gotten a response back yet with an explanation.

taylor247

Postby taylor247 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 pm

I've been at pending review/decision for awhile now but it was just updated again today...you think they would just reject me with a 167/3.58 instead of torturing me..Although I guess that wouldnt actually make me any happier.

lizzle

Postby lizzle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 pm

lizzle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
lizzle wrote:yeah the status checker says "Application for Admission Denied" so I'm pretty sure that's the decision...just was messed up to receive three emails for admitted students (my status checker also shows that I received the three emails for admitted students)!

This morning when I got the rejection email I checked my status checker and it had all of the admitted student emails that I had received. I emailed Dean Trujillo to ask what was going on and included the three admitted student emails that I had received on 1/20, 1/26 and 2/1. When I just signed in to the status checker again a minute ago, they removed the list of all the emails I received and just showed the dates when I received my applicant status email and my decision email. So weird! I haven't gotten a response back yet with an explanation.

Mystery solved - I just got a phone call from the admissions office. Apparently I am the only person that applied this year who was "miscoded" so I received admitted student emails while I was really still under review. :|

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 pm

lizzle wrote:
lizzle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Mystery solved - I just got a phone call from the admissions office. Apparently I am the only person that applied this year who was "miscoded" so I received admitted student emails while I was really still under review. :|

Should've played the "Well i already withdrew all my apps and rounded up money for my seat desposit" card and see where that got you

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 pm

lizzle wrote:
lizzle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

WOW. i would bet you're not the only person, though

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:28 pm

lizzle wrote:
lizzle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

That...must have been one really awkward phone call from their end. Sorry :(

onepass

Postby onepass » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:40 pm

UVA abuses the waitlist. They should probably go to some type of 12 step progam.

Anyway, I just withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Postby 005618502 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:33 pm

lizzle wrote:I received three admitted student emails congratulating me on my acceptance, inviting me to the ASW, and detailing the public interest program between Jan 20 and Feb 1, so I assumed that I was admitted. Then today I received an email rejecting my application. Has this happened to anyone else? (I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat!)

Thanks!

Flame.

Plus your probably not gaining acceptance to UVA with the numbers in your profile unless you are IS or URM

PotatoMonkey

Postby PotatoMonkey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 am

Waitlisted today, 170/3.77. C'est la vie!

hellome

Postby hellome » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 am

PotatoMonkey wrote:Waitlisted today, 170/3.77. C'est la vie!

+1

do we just email them to withdraw?

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:39 am

Waitlisted via email on friday

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
lizzle wrote:I received three admitted student emails congratulating me on my acceptance, inviting me to the ASW, and detailing the public interest program between Jan 20 and Feb 1, so I assumed that I was admitted. Then today I received an email rejecting my application. Has this happened to anyone else? (I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat!)

Thanks!

Flame.

Plus your probably not gaining acceptance to UVA with the numbers in your profile unless you are IS or URM

accepted at mich and berkeley with those #s = URM

PotatoMonkey

Postby PotatoMonkey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 pm

hellome wrote:
PotatoMonkey wrote:Waitlisted today, 170/3.77. C'est la vie!

+1

do we just email them to withdraw?

One would assume? Because I don't think we'll be getting any actual mail.

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Apologies since I haven't been reading the thread, but are there any updates after: "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision"?

Is there a typical amount of time people stay there?

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm

somewhere wrote:Apologies since I haven't been reading the thread, but are there any updates after: "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision"?

Is there a typical amount of time people stay there?

No, and no. UVA isn't nearly as predictable as some other schools in terms of an admissions decision timeline.

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 pm

WL 3.58/170

smscat

Postby smscat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:31 pm

I still have heard nothing -- I imagine they must have rejected me if I didn't get waitlisted - I doubt I'm an auto-admit. I was doing so well and then within 2 weeks got rejected from Harvard and Berkeley (not a surprise) - UVa is pushing it as well.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 pm

smscat wrote:I still have heard nothing -- I imagine they must have rejected me if I didn't get waitlisted - I doubt I'm an auto-admit. I was doing so well and then within 2 weeks got rejected from Harvard and Berkeley (not a surprise) - UVa is pushing it as well.

The fact that you haven't heard anything doesn't mean you got a WL or reject. There is also no timeline to distinguish those two from one another - I think they both happen simultaneously. If you look back in this thread, some people with good #s got acceptances a few days after they sent a LOCI to the school within the last month after being in review foreverrrr, so if you really want UVa I'd do that

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm

sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

What does the timeline look like for UVA? I submitted at the beginning of December. The last update to my status checker was on 1/4 and it just says file complete, pending review/decision.

Is this a long time with no movement on the status checker? Or on par with what everyone else is experiencing.

Thanks. Good luck to those that haven't heard back, congrats on those of you who have been accepted, and my condolences for those of you that have not been offered admission.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

What does the timeline look like for UVA? I submitted at the beginning of December. The last update to my status checker was on 1/4 and it just says file complete, pending review/decision.

Is this a long time with no movement on the status checker? Or on par with what everyone else is experiencing.

Thanks. Good luck to those that haven't heard back, congrats on those of you who have been accepted, and my condolences for those of you that have not been offered admission.

Don't worry. A file complete/UR date of 1/4 isn't early at all. A bunch of us, myself included, are at File Complete, pending review/decision 9/22.

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
DreamsInDigital wrote:sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

Don't worry. A file complete/UR date of 1/4 isn't early at all. A bunch of us, myself included, are at File Complete, pending review/decision 9/22.

wow. That is insane. I would have torn my hair out by now...i don't know how you do it

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Don't worry. A file complete/UR date of 1/4 isn't early at all. A bunch of us, myself included, are at File Complete, pending review/decision 9/22.

You are hard core. I can't believe you are still pending.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:

wow. That is insane. I would have torn my hair out by now...i don't know how you do it

Well, when your hair is that cute...

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 pm

For those of you who wrote a UVA LOCI, who did you address it to? Faulk, Dugas, or Trujillo? Or something else?

champsound

Postby champsound » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 am

I've been updated from under review pending decision 1/13 to 1/31 and now 2/7...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”