UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cardinals1989

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

slax wrote:Got the "call me to discuss your app" email from Jason Dugas just now. Going to call when classes end for me at 4!

Congrats!!!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

slax wrote:Got the "call me to discuss your app" email from Jason Dugas just now. Going to call when classes end for me at 4!

just saw this - and it made me happy!

smiley face. lmk what your scholly is!!

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:09 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

He wrote that he was home with his sick toddler, so Bob the Builder may be on in the background.

I wrote back when I'd call him, then "Can we fix it? Yes! We! Can!"

Hahaha

akili

Postby akili » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

slax wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

He wrote that he was home with his sick toddler, so Bob the Builder may be on in the background.

I wrote back when I'd call him, then "Can we fix it? Yes! We! Can!"

Hahaha

I bet they up your scholarship money just for that :D Congrats!

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks all! I promise to write back with the details after the call. Class needs to ennndddd.

In a required finance course forecasting future income statements for a made up company. Only good thing is that I have a dual monitor setup in this classroom - Excel on the right and TLS/Email on the left

kdubb513

Postby kdubb513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Updated from 12/3 to 2/3. At least there is movement

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 pm

I am now in an email conversation with Jason Dugas about children's toys/videos because we both have 3 year olds in our families. Is this my real life?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm

slax wrote:I am now in an email conversation with Jason Dugas about children's toys/videos because we both have 3 year olds in our families. Is this my real life?

and you are on TLS all the while. this is too much. isn't he a nice guy though?

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 pm

just checked status checker and got waitlisted. Submitted 11/16. Will likely send a LOCI

goodluck everyone else

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
slax wrote:I am now in an email conversation with Jason Dugas about children's toys/videos because we both have 3 year olds in our families. Is this my real life?

and you are on TLS all the while. this is too much. isn't he a nice guy though?

He is a funny man. With the adorable nerdy factor in there too. And again, big ups to the dual monitors that the finance dept thinks a legal studies major needs

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

WL email just now as well.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 pm

speedyj88 wrote:WL email just now as well.

Mass withdrawal from WL to screw over their median-balancing ways? I think so.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

If it's like the past two cycles, almost nobody will get in off the WL.

IIRC, last year was a record number of LSAT takers/applications. This year the number of LSAT takers is way down and if they correlate then apps are down as well. Might bode well for people on WLs.

goingeast

Postby goingeast » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Flips88 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

IIRC, last year was a record number of LSAT takers/applications. This year the number of LSAT takers is way down and if they correlate then apps are down as well. Might bode well for people on WLs.

Also, I recently spoke with an admin dean (T20) who mentioned that over-enrollment was an issue with some schools last year, and if applications are indeed down this year, schools may be having to pay closer attention to admits in an effort to preserve medians and not slip in rankings.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Flips88 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

This is what my logic is based on.

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Flips88 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Yeah, I don't have much hope for getting off the waitlist. For one, whether true or not, their email is still talking about the extremely high number of applications they receive. Secondly, they discuss the odds of getting off the waitlist towards the end of the email and say "In rceent years, the number of applicants reched on the waitlist has varied - from zero to 20 percent of the class..." It could just be a candid discussion but knowing that law schools usually like to sugarcoat the truth and the fact that they're still mentioning the instances of "zero" people being reached on the waitlist doesn't bode well for us. It's also hard to know how the extended ED deadline will have an effect on the class since it seems like they were able to lock in a large portion of their class with ED candidates.

lizzle

Postby lizzle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm

I received three admitted student emails congratulating me on my acceptance, inviting me to the ASW, and detailing the public interest program between Jan 20 and Feb 1, so I assumed that I was admitted. Then today I received an email rejecting my application. Has this happened to anyone else? (I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat!)

Thanks!

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

lizzle wrote:I received three admitted student emails congratulating me on my acceptance, inviting me to the ASW, and detailing the public interest program between Jan 20 and Feb 1, so I assumed that I was admitted. Then today I received an email rejecting my application. Has this happened to anyone else? (I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat!)

Thanks!

WOW :shock: . That is seriously messed up. What does your status checker say?

Edit: Or, this is a flame.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Uggh. Just received the WL email. That makes two WLs on the cycle, the other being Minnesota. Things could be worse... I'm in at NYU, Berkeley, Penn, Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Cornell, Georgetown -- held at Columbia & Harvard -- awaiting a response from the ever-so-slow but ever-so-beautiful Stanford.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:22 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
lizzle wrote:I received three admitted student emails congratulating me on my acceptance, inviting me to the ASW, and detailing the public interest program between Jan 20 and Feb 1, so I assumed that I was admitted. Then today I received an email rejecting my application. Has this happened to anyone else? (I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat!)

Thanks!

WOW :shock: . That is seriously messed up. What does your status checker say?

Edit: Or, this is a flame.

i am an admit, and i did receive the latter two emails, but i have never heard of a case where someone was notified by email that they were admitted. i'm pretty sure cfaulk and jdugas call everyone.

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

In with $90k!! I am a twin so we talked a lot about advice for his twin kids. He said lots of emails will be coming out this week

awilson11

Postby awilson11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

waitlisted this morning

lizzle

Postby lizzle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 pm

yeah the status checker says "Application for Admission Denied" so I'm pretty sure that's the decision...just was messed up to receive three emails for admitted students (my status checker also shows that I received the three emails for admitted students)!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 pm

lizzle wrote:yeah the status checker says "Application for Admission Denied" so I'm pretty sure that's the decision...just was messed up to receive three emails for admitted students (my status checker also shows that I received the three emails for admitted students)!

Can you screen cap that? because that's seriously messed up

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”