UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
paulinaporizkova

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 pm

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:We got 17 inches, and I am at work.

OH MAN! I want that! We didn't get near that in Bmore, and the thing about snow days is that the more you get, the more you want.. and let's be serious, the kids have been out all week, no one is going to show up for a random Friday.

24 inches in 18 hours in minneapolis about 1.5 months ago. then we had two days of school cancelled the following monday and tuesday due to - wait for it - cold.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:24 pm

I had to drive around 5-6 buses stranded on a block between a decline and an incline. Apparently many people spent the night on many buses everywhere. It was pretty bad, most people with 2 wheel drive cars were going nowhere fast (and some nowhere at all). It was almost as bad this morning getting to work. Let's see how the drive home is going to be. But I think most people here made it to work. It's just slow for most. I can't imagine what if the south got 17 inches :lol:

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:

OH MAN! I want that! We didn't get near that in Bmore, and the thing about snow days is that the more you get, the more you want.. and let's be serious, the kids have been out all week, no one is going to show up for a random Friday.

24 inches in 18 hours in minneapolis about 1.5 months ago. then we had two days of school cancelled the following monday and tuesday due to - wait for it - cold.

Aahaha nice! How cold was it?

There's no heat in (half of) my school, so I plan to argue for this...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:

There is one of the biggest reasons why I am not going to write a LOCI for Chicago.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 pm

r6_philly wrote:I had to drive around 5-6 buses stranded on a block between a decline and an incline. Apparently many people spent the night on many buses everywhere. It was pretty bad, most people with 2 wheel drive cars were going nowhere fast (and some nowhere at all). It was almost as bad this morning getting to work. Let's see how the drive home is going to be. But I think most people here made it to work. It's just slow for most. I can't imagine what if the south got 17 inches :lol:

This describes last night in Baltimore. I'm pretty sure we didn't get more than 7 inches, but it's hard to tell in the city. Pathetic. I'm FROM the south and I still think it's pathetic.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 pm

arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Aahaha nice! How cold was it?

There's no heat in (half of) my school, so I plan to argue for this...

about -5. probably more like -10 or 15 in the early mornings. (not factoring in windchill...)

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
about -5. probably more like -10 or 15 in the early mornings. (not factoring in windchill...)

Wow.. impressed. Well, idk that it's EVER gotten that cold in Cville, thankfully!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 pm

arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

Wow.. impressed. Well, idk that it's EVER gotten that cold in Cville, thankfully!

annnnnd that's why i'm going. this past week international falls (in northern MN) hit 45 below, without windchill.

LLB2JD

Postby LLB2JD » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

annnnnd that's why i'm going. this past week international falls (in northern MN) hit 45 below, without windchill.

:shock: Do you all leave cars running overnight?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

:shock: Do you all leave cars running overnight?

no, but i grew up in northern MN as well and a VERY popular christmas/birthday gift there was the automatic car starter.

GotYourselfAStewGoin

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Got an e-mail two days ago, saw it yesterday, called then, got a call today, in with some money!

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:Got an e-mail two days ago, saw it yesterday, called then, got a call today, in with some money!

Mazeltov!

memaha

Postby memaha » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm

arism87 wrote:
UGH. It is embarrassing. I remember when I went to UVA there were all these legends about how class had only been cancelled once in the history of the school and it was during a World War or something. (ok exaggeration, but the story was seriously something like that.)

WHAT HAPPENED?

Nothing happened... We had school today. There was never any talk about canceling it. Admissions was also here and fully functional.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm

memaha wrote:
arism87 wrote:
UGH. It is embarrassing. I remember when I went to UVA there were all these legends about how class had only been cancelled once in the history of the school and it was during a World War or something. (ok exaggeration, but the story was seriously something like that.)

WHAT HAPPENED?

Nothing happened... We had school today. There was never any talk about canceling it. Admissions was also here and fully functional.

:-D I would've sworn someone said they were actually cancelled, but I don't see it now.. thanks!

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm

arism87 wrote:
memaha wrote:
arism87 wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED?

:-D I would've sworn someone said they were actually cancelled, but I don't see it now.. thanks!

They canceled afternoon classes yesterday.

planQ

Postby planQ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

75 and sunny here in So Cal

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:21 pm

planQ wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

Where in SoCal? I'm in SoCal too! Enjoying my last warm winter! :)

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm

law_monkey wrote:
planQ wrote:

Where in SoCal? I'm in SoCal too! Enjoying my last warm winter! :)

kiss my pasty white ass y'all! (i mean brahs...:))

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 am

just RSVPed for the March 18 open house! Getting in around noon on Thursday and plan to sit in on a class or two that afternoon (if they'll let me). And what an amazing travel stipend! I've never felt so guiltless after buying a $500 plane ticket.

Swanky

Postby Swanky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 am

planQ wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

A little cooler than that, but also sunny down here in SoFla. Stay warm, everyone!

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am

The date just changed on my status checker. Does that have any significance?

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:56 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:The date just changed on my status checker. Does that have any significance?

There are few things we know in the world of TLS. 1 - you will hear from cornell sometime after you apply for 1L summer jobs. 2 - NU just held a whole bunch of people. 3 - Nope.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 am

I sent in a LOCI on Tuesday morning and I still haven't heard anything from them, not even a reply that they've received it or a date update on the status checker. Is this odd?

Haven't been WLed or anything. Still UR 9/22

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm

BHDLaw wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:The date just changed on my status checker. Does that have any significance?

There are few things we know in the world of TLS. 1 - you will hear from cornell sometime after you apply for 1L summer jobs. 2 - NU just held a whole bunch of people. 3 - Nope.

Haha, fair enough.

yellowmellow

Postby yellowmellow » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:I sent in a LOCI on Tuesday morning and I still haven't heard anything from them, not even a reply that they've received it or a date update on the status checker. Is this odd?

Haven't been WLed or anything. Still UR 9/22

I got confirmation they received mine the next day. Maybe they are just super busy this week though

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”