UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarahlawg

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:03 pm

arism87 wrote:
sojasoph wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
sojasoph wrote:ummph... waitlisted 178/3.25 AA male applied Dec 1st email today.

I need to pretend that UVA was not my first choice. Walk to the mailbox. And smoke a cig.(I really wish you could just by one cig at the gas station instead of having to get a whole pack.

You can in the right (or shall I say) wrong neighborhoods. I used to work at a corner store and people will buy loosies all the time. I say "you know if you buy a pack you pay half as much right" and they look at me like I am crazy.

ETA sorry about the waitlist, but you should have other good options nonetheless.

ty and congratulations

I definitely just tried to flick your 'tar off my screen...

lol me x2 :oops:
btw, love your new tar!

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Waitlisted via email. At least it was a pretty nice email. Applied 12/19, UR 1/12, Decision 1/25.

Not a huge surprise, and I'm pretty pleased considering they've rejected people with better numbers. Time to start on that LOCI...

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Has UVA started large waves of RD dings/WLs yet? Or are they mostly still working on ED?

I've been UR for about five years* now. Wondering if there's a :( waiting in my future.

*Feels that way, anyway.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:Has UVA started large waves of RD dings/WLs yet? Or are they mostly still working on ED?

I've been UR for about five years* now. Wondering if there's a :( waiting in my future.

*Feels that way, anyway.

this is actually the RD thread, so (theoretically) all responses given are from RD applicants....so I would say yes, the RD wave has started

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:Has UVA started large waves of RD dings/WLs yet? Or are they mostly still working on ED?

*Feels that way, anyway.

Depends on what you consider large. They have been steadily sending out WL and Dings, but not in what I would call "large" numbers.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

*Feels that way, anyway.

this is actually the RD thread, so (theoretically) all responses given are from RD applicants....so I would say yes, the RD wave has started

Most schools tend to follow a pattern of trickling dings and then huge waves. Was wondering if the large waves have started yet.

bdubs wrote:

*Feels that way, anyway.

Depends on what you consider large. They have been steadily sending out WL and Dings, but not in what I would call "large" numbers.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:14 pm

I think there will be a huge wave coming after the deadline once they assess the strength of the whole pool.

ETA if the "wave" is later than last year's then I want to assume this year's pool is weaker than last. Which should be true.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:I think there will be a huge wave coming after the deadline once they assess the strength of the whole pool.

ETA if the "wave" is later than last year's then I want to assume this year's pool is weaker than last. Which should be true.

Guess we'll know soon then. I'm hoping the above is true...especially in the LSAT department. :D

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I think there will be a huge wave coming after the deadline once they assess the strength of the whole pool.

Guess we'll know soon then. I'm hoping the above is true...especially in the LSAT department. :D

--LinkRemoved--

For the June and October 2010 tests, the total number of tests administered was 87,318, a drop of 6 percent from those same two tests in 2009. The October 2010 test saw 54,345 test takers, down 11 percent from last year, but it was still the second largest single test administration in the history of the LSAT. Registrations for the December 2010 LSAT administration were, at press time, down 17 percent from last year, but are still quite healthy in historical context.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 am

r6_philly wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

For the June and October 2010 tests, the total number of tests administered was 87,318, a drop of 6 percent from those same two tests in 2009. The October 2010 test saw 54,345 test takers, down 11 percent from last year, but it was still the second largest single test administration in the history of the LSAT. Registrations for the December 2010 LSAT administration were, at press time, down 17 percent from last year, but are still quite healthy in historical context.

We talked about this a while back and you were waiting for the stats on the Dec test. So I guess it's down across the board this year?

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 am

So much boredom at 5 in the morning.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am

DeeCee wrote:
We talked about this a while back and you were waiting for the stats on the Dec test. So I guess it's down across the board this year?

The official stats have not been released yet (I check all the time). But the link I referenced above quotes a LSAC president's report that states it was down. I believe the final figure should be down.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Sooooo...nothing today? Looks like the last "wave" has finished and they're retreating back to silence again. :evil:

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Maybe no decisions today due to the snowstorm yesterday

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Maybe no decisions today ever due to their lack of ability to hand out decisions. snowstorm yesterday

Seriously though I want to get all my travel plans set in stone, and I'm a lot of you do too. It would help a TON if I knew whether or not a detour down to UVA will be necessary. Not visiting means I likely won't choose to attend even if I do get in.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:Maybe no decisions today ever due to their lack of ability to hand out decisions. snowstorm yesterday

Seriously though I want to get all my travel plans set in stone, and I'm a lot of you do too. It would help a TON if I knew whether or not a detour down to UVA will be necessary. Not visiting means I likely won't choose to attend even if I do get in.

Yeah I've been holding off my tours until I hear from UNC and UVA. Wish that they could make some decisions so that I might know where I'll be living

Jammer99

Postby Jammer99 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

3.45/178 URM, OOS, No Why V

WL (1/25). No email though on that date or since.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Maybe no decisions today due to the snowstorm two inches of snow that subsided by 6 PM yesterday

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

neonx wrote:Image

So much boredom at 5 in the morning.

prettyy :) :)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

soullesswonder wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:Maybe no decisions today due to the snowstorm two inches of snow that subsided by 6 PM yesterday

That's considered a snowstorm anywhere south of DC I am pretty sure.

ArghItsBlarg

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Withdrew from my WL today, best of luck to you all!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:

i have a friend who works in d.c. (lives in rockville, md) and apparently his work called him last night and told him to work from home today due to the snowstorm

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:

UGH. It is embarrassing. I remember when I went to UVA there were all these legends about how class had only been cancelled once in the history of the school and it was during a World War or something. (ok exaggeration, but the story was seriously something like that.)

WHAT HAPPENED?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 pm

We got 17 inches, and I am at work.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:21 pm

r6_philly wrote:We got 17 inches, and I am at work.

OH MAN! I want that! We didn't get near that in Bmore, and the thing about snow days is that the more you get, the more you want.. and let's be serious, the kids have been out all week, no one is going to show up for a random Friday.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”